The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

2006 Oz & Nz Show Results

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Rosewood Agi Show 23rd June

Judge Mrs. N. Robinson-Hammond

CC Dog Ch Sheberghan Silk Road

RES Dog CC Oakway Dress For Envey

CC Bitch Oakway Dress Fth Boys

Res CC bitch Ch Sheberghan The Romance

BOB Dog

R/up BOB Bitch

Best in Group Whippet

Best Junior in Group Whippet CC Bitch.

Woodford Agi 24th June

Judge Mr. G. Dryburgh

Dog CC Ch Sherberghan Silk Road

Res. CC Ch Shalique ???????

Bitch CC Ch Sheberghan The Romance

Res Bit CC Ch Shalique (Montana)?????

Junior in Group Oakway Dress Fth Boys

BOB The Dog

R/up BOB CC Bitch

Last edited by a moderator:
shenace said:
Any of our K9'ers live in the Brisbane area??  We are heading to Oz on Wednesday - basing ourselves at Southport on the Gold Coast for a friend's big Five-Oh birthday bash, will be there till the following Friday. Don't have any doggy things organised - we are all doggy people - but doing the family thing - thought I would seize the moment if there was an opportunity to meet some fellow whippey people :)

Lynda,

There are plans to get a group of whippet people together to meet up with you, I'm sure they will be in touch soon. :)

Just wish it was two weeks later as I would of been there too. :(

Have a safe trip and hope you enjoy your time in Oz

Cristina

Mychaka Whippets

Whats happened up North Qld? Cyclone "T" still blowing a gale? (w00t)

Sorry - have had no phone line for [SIZE=14pt]6 days[/SIZE]. (w00t)

Went to Proserpine last weekend and had a good weekend - Dino got BOB and his class in group both days and Layla got the bitch challenge both days, beating the visiting Brisbane Blakriva contingent as well as our regulars and got a 14 point CC on both occasions. She now is down to 178 to go for GRAND! Dino has hit 600 at 2 years, 5 mths.

Cristina's Steely was RUBOB on one day and I think McLeod's (no, not Angus) Rupert was RUBOB on the other day. There was no Cyclone at this show, Cartman.

Sorry for not writing up full results but I am exhausted after sorting through 57 phone messages and god only knows how many emails. :blink:

Good on you Cassie for Paddy's BPIG at Mackay Ag.

I wasn't entered at my local show - how sad is that - was studying for my Whippet exam that night. According to my reckoning, I got 57 out of 60, but am waiting for the official result to come back. The "hands-on" exam is in August but I won't be able to do it as I am booked to do a wedding video that day - so looks like I will have to wait til next year before I can complete my judge's exams.

Lynda - how lovely it would have been to catch up with you in Brisbane but you're about a month too early for me...

aslan said:

I wasn't entered at my local show - how sad is that - was studying for my Whippet exam that night. According to my reckoning, I got 57 out of 60, but am waiting for the official result to come back. The "hands-on" exam is in August but I won't be able to do it as I am booked to do a wedding video that day - so looks like I will have to wait til next year before I can complete my judge's exams.

Whippet exam?? How is it done up there?

Parnew Top othe Mornin (paddy) has taken another Baby in group today 2 July 2006 under Judge mr M Camac (SA) :cheers: , paddy also took 1st in baby sweepstakes under judge Mr r Dawson (phill). :cheers: This is paddy's 4th baby in group at the age of 4 months. Thank you to Griff for sending me this gorgeous boy!!!

Cartman said:
aslan said:

I think it would be nice if we had Whippet exams over here in the UK before anyone even judged an Open show. I spoke to an open show judge (Whippets) and they thought the croup was under the dogs chin :oops:

Karen said:
Cartman said:
aslan said:

I think it would be nice if we had Whippet exams over here in the UK before anyone even judged an Open show. I spoke to an open show judge (Whippets) and they thought the croup was under the dogs chin :oops:

Would be good. I only did whippets. So I did the exam at the end. But those doing Groups at a time must first sit for a general test of by-laws & dog construction.

HOWEVER, & I dont know about the other states, but open shows are now not required. Entries got so low that Clubs were running at a loss. So now (I think) you can just sit for a group with out judging at all.

Any comments on this?

cass_06 said:
Parnew Top othe Mornin (paddy) has taken another Baby in group today 2 July 2006 under Judge mr M Camac (SA) :cheers: , paddy also took 1st in baby sweepstakes under judge Mr r Dawson (phill).  :cheers: This is paddy's 4th baby in group at the age of 4 months. Thank you to Griff for sending me this gorgeous boy!!!
Well done Paddy :thumbsup: Good news Cassie. Many Thanks for campaigning Paddy and giving him a great home. Hope there are many more wins ahead. :D :D

Cartman said:
Firstly sit an entrance exam (written) of rules and anatomy. (I did this about 8 months ago

Then sit a breed exam (written) on the standard. (Had to wait until this month to do that)

Then a hands-on exam where you judge a given set of whippets in front of a panel of assessors who have already judged the same set of dogs and you must then justify your placings to them. (As I said "hands-on is in August but I can 't go to Brisbane for it on that day and they will not organise another time for anyone, so I'm guessing I will have to wait until August next year to do this bit.)

I'm not sure about once i've finished the exams whether I have an open show trial period (not that many whippet open shows in Australia are there?) or whether I go straight to Champ status. I'm assuming for single breed it would be the latter. When doing whole groups you must judge open shows first and get your numbers up before getting promoted to Ch.

aslan said:
Cartman said:
Firstly sit an entrance exam (written) of rules and anatomy. (I did this about 8 months ago

Then sit a breed exam (written) on the standard. (Had to wait until this month to do that)

Then a hands-on exam where you judge a given set of whippets in front of a panel of assessors who have already judged the same set of dogs and you must then justify your placings to them. (As I said "hands-on is in August but I can 't go to Brisbane for it on that day and they will not organise another time for anyone, so I'm guessing I will have to wait until August next year to do this bit.)

I'm not sure about once i've finished the exams whether I have an open show trial period (not that many whippet open shows in Australia are there?) or whether I go straight to Champ status. I'm assuming for single breed it would be the latter. When doing whole groups you must judge open shows first and get your numbers up before getting promoted to Ch.

When I did mine, straight to Champ. Because of only one breed. But open shows are on the way out now, so big changes going to happen. :cheers:

Lana when you pass you go straight to championship level, but must do whippets in this state before you are let out on the world LOL.

Jill

oakway said:
Lana when you pass you go straight to championship level, but must do whippets in this state before you are let out on the world  LOL.

Jill

Here, befor being let loose on the World I must give CC's for whippets. But can do that anywhere in OZ. :cheers:

I am as proud as punch. Two of my whippets where titled at the weekend.

Now Champion Oakway Dress for Style

S Ch Sheberghan Silk Road

D Ch Oakway Centre Court

dob 21/6/05

Owners J & F Walker

Now Champion Oakway Sporting Habit

S NZ Ch Devine T-b-Shure T-B-Shure

D Blakriva Foreign Affair

dob 27/9/03

Owners R & J Innis

Congratulations to both the owners

Jill

So although you have exams its a bit of a doddle to just go right into giving top awards.

Do you have to have been in the breed some time or bred several Chs

One of the clubs over here is asking for around 400 dogs judged at open show level before you can go on thier top list, thats before you give tickets. (I have no objections to this by the way)

Hope you do ok Cartman, sure you will :thumbsup: :luck:

Karen said:
So although you have exams its a bit of a doddle to just go right into giving top awards.
Do you have to have been in the breed some time or bred several Chs

One of the clubs over here is asking for around 400 dogs judged at open show level before you can go on thier top list, thats before you give tickets.  (I have no objections to this by the way)

Hope you do ok Cartman, sure you will :thumbsup:   :luck:

There are several areas you must have done befor even asking to sit. When I did whippets i had been in the breed for just over 30 years, Breed several litters about 20, & had some nice type of dogs to show. HOWEVER, my first breed was Mini Smooths.... breed 2 litters & still love the breed. But that would not be enough to sit for them first. I can now sit for all dachshunds if I wanted.

To shock you all I could of sat for Cairns. My wife had them longer than whippets & we are only just out of the breed (5 years)

A system where you had to judge 250 of any one group befor sitting for Champ. level, is being dismantled. :oops:

Congrats for your two new champs Jill. :thumbsup:

Do you know if I have to do a certain number of whippets in Qld before I can judge interstate. Might be a bit hard to get my numbers up considering we don't have a whippet specialty in this state. :blink:

I guess I'd have to push to do whippets at Hound Club shows and the big shows around Royal time huh?

Well done Jill with the 2 champs :cheers: :cheers:

aslan said:
Congrats for your two new champs Jill. :thumbsup:
Do you know if I have to do a certain number of whippets in Qld before I can judge interstate.  Might be a bit hard to get my numbers up considering we don't have a whippet specialty in this state. :blink:

I guess I'd have to push to do whippets at Hound Club shows and the big shows around Royal time huh?

No. All you have to do is award a CC. But a club like the hound club SHOULD help you. :cheers:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back