The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

2010 Oz & Nz Show Results

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Does anyone hae the full results from the show where Molly Head judged yet :b ? Would love to see them when anyone gets the chance to post them on here ;)

Tracy

First chance to post results from Innisfail Kennel Club from last weekend.Just my Whippets entered so that was a bit disappointing but you can't help who does or does not enter.

It rained most of the weekend but we still had fun & everyone was cheerful.

Saturday 17/04/10 Judge Mr A Jones Tasmania

Dog CC, RUBOB & RUNNER-UP BEST IN GROUP GRD CH SWIFTHUND PISTOLS ATDAWN

Dog RCC HARROWAY EXPLANATION

Bitch CC, BOB, BEST IN GROUP (25 points) & BEST AUSTRALIAN BRED IN SHOW[/size] GRD CH STONEGRACE ALILNITEMAGIC

Bitch RCC & PUPPY OF BREED SWIFTHUND HOTTOMALIETRAIN

Sunday 18/04/10 Judge Mrs Elle Maitland SA

Dog CC, RUBOB & RUNNER-UP BEST IN GROUP GRD CH SWIFTHUND PISTOLS ATDAWN

Bitch CC, BOB, BEST IN GROUP (25 Points) & BEST IN SHOW SWIFTHUND HOTTOMALIETRAIN (She is only 91/2 months old)

Bitch RCC & AUSTRALIAN BRED IN GROUP GRD CH STONEGRACE ALILNITEMAGIC

I am very excited about what the future holds for little Murphy, this was her second weekend of show, her first show at Easter at Townsville KC saw her win Best Puppy In Show.
:cheers: HUGE congrats Denise! Well done Murphy, she is lovely, im still waiting for you to pack her up and ship her over! ;) And of course to the lovely Delilah!

Any news on the QLD specialty .... ?

All I heard on the kooaburra express was that: The Marchpast dog was BIS & The R/BIS was the same one the Mr. Howgate put up. (Don't know it's name). Also the Pepperone's did very well.

That wraps up the all you need to know bits.

HOWEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also heard that it was a well run show & full marks must go to the WCQ for a great day. Wish I was able to of been there.

All I heard on the kooaburra express was that: The Marchpast dog was BIS & The R/BIS was the same one the Mr. Howgate put up. (Don't know it's name). Also the Pepperone's did very well.That wraps up the all you need to know bits.

HOWEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also heard that it was a well run show & full marks must go to the WCQ for a great day. Wish I was able to of been there.

I've not done this before so forgive me if it doesn't look professional but it should be right because I'm reading it from my own marked catalogue.

Queensland Whippet Club's Inaugural Champ. Show. Judge: Molly Head UK (Demerlay)

BEST IN SHOW. Rule Steele's CH MARCHPAST THE EMBLEM (UK)

RU BIS McNeil CH BEAUROI SUMMER REIGN.

DOG CC. CH MARCHPAST THE EMBLEM.(UK)

RCC PEPERONE LOVE UR STYLE

BITCH CC CH BEAUROI SUMMER REIGN

RCC PEPERONE LOVE SERENADE (litter sister of the RDCC winner)

The 2 Peperone dogs are grandchildren of Marchast The Emblem.

Baby Puppy Dog.

1. More & Griffiths. BYERLEY GAZMAN.

2. McCrindle. ASLAN DOES IT FOR ME.

Minor Puppy Dog.

1. Barrenger. ISILWANE I AM WHO I AM

2. Thorne. ROSIEL MUSKATEER

Puppy Dog.

1. More & Griffiths.BYERLEY DIESEL

2. BARRENGER. ISILWANE I LIKE IT LIKE THAT.

3. Inglis & Scott PRESSAGE BOUND FOR GLORY

Junior Dog.

1. McLeod. PEPERONE LOVE UR STYLE

2. Fornasier. BERINSWIFT KK PENNY KRAKA

3 Adam GRAU AMERICAN GRAFFITTI

4 Reichert WHIRLAWAY BE A TIGER

Intermediate Dog.

1 Austen LYSNAGAH AUTUMN GOLD

2 Fleming FORGETMENOT HALL OF FAME (Canada)

3 Fornasier SHENACE ALL IN AT HOGARTH (NZ)

Australian Bred Dog.

1 Elmaro. PEPERONE ELEGANTLYWASTED

2.Dryburgh/Kelly. CH TEZER MAD SEASON

3.McCrindle GRD CH ASLAN THAT'S AMORE

4.Greenwood CH TAEJAAN LONG KISS GNITE

Open Dog.

1. Rule-Steele. CH MARCHPAST THE EMBLEM (UK)

2. Elmaro PEPERONE NEW SENSATION

3. More & Griffiths. BYERLEY LONGLINES

4. Shaw. CH OAKWAY PARTY ICE.

Baby Puppy Bitch.

1 .Shaw. SHAWTHING READY TO SHINE

2. Commerford RIDGESETTER OUT OF THE BLUE

3. More & Griffiths BYERLEY SASS AND BIDE

4. McCrindle ASLAN DOES IT AGAIN.

Minor Puppy Bitch

1. More & Griffiths. BYERLEY BLING

2. Zwar KANATI RAIN SONG

Puppy Bitch

1. Thorne. LEISOR HEAL THE WORLD

2. Tuck SWIFTHUND HOTTOMALIE TRAIN

3. Scott PRESSAGE BOSSY BINDII

4. Greenswood PIAFFE DREAM RUNNER

Junior Bitch

1. McLeod. PEPERONE LOVE SERENADE

2. Adam. GRAU BELLE NOIR

4. More & Griffiths. BYERLEY FRENCH CONNECTION

Intermediate Bitch.

1. McNeill CH BEAUROI SUMMER REIGN

2 Austen LYSNAGAH LITERARY LASS

3 Fornasier CHESHUNT CREME TEQUILA

4 Shaw WARATAH THATZA SURE BET

Australian Bred Bitch

1 Rule Steele & Kramer. CH TAEJAAN BIRD ON A WIRE

2 McLeod PEPERONE LOVE & KISSES

3 Quinn-Thompson RIDGESETTER BELROSE STAR

Open Bitch

1 More & Griffiths CH BYERLEY BOUDICCA

2 Tuck GRD CH STONEGRACE ALILNITEMAGIC

3 Lyck SHEBERGHAN THE ROMANCE

4 Austen PEPERONE HIGHLAND QUEEN. ( In May she will be 10 yrs old! )

Phew, this has taken ages. It was a fantastic show. Many congratulations to the Committee. Molly was a great judge, very gentle with the dogs. She attracted entries from all around Australia.

The dog who should at least get a mention here is UK Ch. Fullerton Dream Mover who is behind 19 of the above winners to my knowledge just by reading their names. I might find more if I researched pedigrees.

Gail

Congratulations to the Whippets Club Qld for the success of their very first Specialty show held this past weekend. Although I couldn't attend personally, my sources tell me the show went like clockwork, and the weather was delightful. My congrats to all the winners.

I was thrilled to get the call informing me that our boy Carson Ch Marchpast The Emblem (impUK) went Best In Show under Mrs Molly Head.

My sincere thanks to Stephen McMorrow for having the foresight in sending me this amazing dog. Carson has now equalled the record book by winning 4x Spec Best in Shows, with a total of 6 Specialty CCs.

Of course Sonia has to be commended on her superb handing on the day. It looks like I am now in retirement from handling. So I now can now go shopping instead.lol

I have attached one of Colin's photos. I am sure he will share with you all the entire entire album once he has them unloaded from the camera.. They are certainly worth seeing.

cheers

Molly

carson.jpg

Congratulations to the Whippet Club Qld for the success of their very first Specialty show held this past weekend. Although I couldn't attend personally, my sources tell me the show went like clockwork, and the weather was delightful. My congrats to all the winners.

I was thrilled to get the call informing me that our boy Carson Ch Marchpast The Emblem (impUK) went Best In Show under Mrs Molly Head.

My sincere thanks to Stephen McMorrow for having the foresight in sending me this amazing dog. Carson has now equalled the record book by winning 4x Spec Best in Shows, with a total of 6 Specialty CCs.

Of course Sonia has to be commended on her superb handing on the day. It looks like I am now in retirement from handling. So I now can now go shopping instead.lol

I have attached one of Colin's photos. I am sure he will share with you all the entire entire album once he has them unloaded from the camera.. They are certainly worth seeing.

cheers

Molly

carson.jpg

Yahoo we are now home after our trip to Brissy for the Whippet Club of Qld first championship show - we had a fantastic day, well done to the show committee.

Congratulations to Carson's Best in Show and to Sonia and Molly on his wonderful achievements.

Also congrats to all those who placed - there were two very memorable moments on the day for me that were of two different people who because of seperate reasons had their emotions take over and made those around them have tears in their eyes too as well as a need of a tissue box.

Was lovely to catch up with everyone and look forward to the next one. Thanks for posting the results Gail.

Cherrio (lol) - just for the NSW & Vic exhibitors :teehee:

Cristina

:angry: Cherios are a breakfast cereal!!! (w00t) (w00t)

Off topic but ...

They've only been a breakfast cereal for about the last 10 years.

The real Cheerios have been around a lot longer than that!

Congrats to Sonia, Jenna, and Angela for the major winners at the first WCQ champ show.

Congrats to the WCQ for a very well run show, lots of hard work put in by the members and it looked beautiful - the Whippet Car, the ring decorations, the trophy table ...

I only have one criticism. I would have liked to have seen a microphone used for the veteran's parade and someone who knows how to work a crowd using it. Our veterans are the reasons we are where we are in our breeding programs/showing careers and they deserve the crowd's attention and their "blurbs" should not be lost in the general noise of the day/noise of the applause as they enter the ring. Time should be given for the audience to show their appreciation and then the resume should be read ... audibly.

I would also like to see the vet's parade done first - in the cool of the morning, before the breed judging. And I also think all dogs in the parade should be brought in together - at the end of their class - for a final lap together with the crowd cheering them all the way 'round.

I thought the oldies were fantastic, I had more than a tear in my eye for all four of them and I think they all enjoyed being cheered around the ring. I know Layla did. She has missed the ring terribly due to her injury and she thought she was the Ants Pants being back out there especially in her beautiful new collar bought for her by Cristina.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pride of place at WCQ's first show - the Whippet

Off topic but ...
They've only been a breakfast cereal for about the last 10 years.

The real Cheerios have been around a lot longer than that!

They are called "little boys" here. :thumbsup:

Congrats to all the winners- especially to the CC and res CC winners on their great results.

I'd really like to thank the many exhibitors who bought their dogs from afar to enter our first championship show here in Qld. Having so many people make the trip helped to make it a memorable occasion. The show was a real team effort from many people but I'd like to particularly acknowledge the work of Kerry Cooney our show manager and her husband Trevor for their hours of work with entries, sponsorship, trophies, the catalogue etc...

Once we receive the critiques from Molly Head I'll have them published here and in our club magazine.

Thanks to everyone for their encouragement and support along with any suggestions for future improvements.

Cheers

Gary

Congratulations to the Queensland Whippet Club on the first of many specialties! It was a great day and the weather was fantastic!! When we came back to Victoria it was FREEZING!!! Next time though I think I'll fly (and teach gajo how to drive a manual while I'm there!!!)

Now to more important debates ... Mum thought I was quite mad when we went to the supermarket and she came back to the trolley and caught me taking the following picture on my mobile phone!! When you queenslanders said you baited your dogs with "Cheerios" this is what Sonia and I thought you meant which is why we were laughing so hard!! (w00t) (w00t)

cheerios.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had to have a brag.. what a weekend here is WA... firstly my young Taejaan Dog - (Lexies son) Aust Ch: Taejaan Caughtin The Act went best in show on Saturday and then on Sunday my lovely bitch Willow (Grand Ch Arjai Almost Criminal) :blink: went RUIS (great birthday and motherday present).

Had to post some pics... very proud indeed... this was Rush's First Best In Show at an all breeds show.... jo. (w00t) (w00t)

whippet2_110410.jpg

IMG_0216_re_copy.jpg

The boy.. - Rushman - Aust Ch: Taejaan Caughtin the act.....

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back