Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

3 Whippets For Rehoming

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue2you

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Evesham greyhound and lurcher rescue have just taken in 3 whippets for rehoming due to the owners ill heath.

BJ is 5 year castrated male he is a blue brindle he is use to living with his 2 whippets friends but when intrduced to the foster home pack of 3 he found them a bit much but i think when he settles down he will be fine and i think would benifit from a friend to lean on.

BJ has been very well looked after a bit to much really as he is quite a bit over weight so he will need to go on a very strict diet and a regular exercise routine he can be nervous of new people and so may be better not living with young children he is also not cat friendly.

Bj2.jpg

Casper is a 11 year whippet that has lived in his home all of his life with BJ and Rosie, Casper is use to living with is other whippet friends but can be unsure of other dogs but would live with older sensible other dogs he is not use to cats but seems happy around older children he is very loving and loves a good run round the garden and is still very active for his age. He does have a undecended testical that he will be seeing our vet about to see what the best course of action is.

If you would like yo know more please give us a call

Caspers.jpg

Rosie is a 15 year old whippet that is looking for a special home where she can spend the rest of her days she doesnt really have medical problems other than the normal old age type things her eyes are very poor and her hearing isnt the best her legs are a bit wobberly so all she wants is a very quite home where she can sleep on the settee and have a little walk round the garden i dont think she would cope in a large pack as she is not use to this but if you think you can offer this lovely little girl a forever home please give us a call

You can contact us on pip 01386 853 971 or linda on 0121 258 4510

Rose.jpg

oh my goodness rosie looks such a sweat old girl :wub: :wub:

hope they all find forever homes soon :huggles: :huggles:

What a heartbreaking situation ....... little Rosie has reached such a marvellous age and it's going to be very hard for her :(

Casper looks a sweetheart, as does BJ :wub:

It would be so lovely if someone could take them all so that they can stay together :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

I just shouldn't read these :(

Just wish we were in a position to help...if this was three years down the line and we were nearer I'd be on the phone.

Hope they find someone soon :luck:

It is a very sad sorry the poor owner was in a very difficult postion so we are doing our best to help them settle into there foster home our dream would be to home them all together but we know this has a very slim chance of happerning so we will rehome BJ on his own and try and keep the 2 oldies together but we are not sure how many people out there are willing to take on 2 old dogs but i want every one to know they are in foster homes not kennels and if no home can be found for the oldies they will stay with the rescue for the rest of their lives.

It is a very sad sorry the poor owner was in a very difficult postion so we are doing our best to help them settle into there foster home our dream would be to home them all together but we know this has a very slim chance of happerning so we will rehome BJ on his own and try and keep the 2 oldies together but we are not sure how many people out there are willing to take on 2 old dogs but i want every one to know they are in foster homes not kennels and if no home can be found for the oldies they will stay with the rescue for the rest of their lives.

all 3 are so very cute :wub: ,i have fallen in love with casper what a sweetie he looks :wub:

You could PM feefee on here .......... she is involved with the Oldies Club ( http://www.oldies.org.uk/ )

There may be someone wanting to home older whippets :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have sent their details of to the olders club this evening in the hope that we can find them a forever home unfortunatly these arent the only oldies we have at the moment we also have

Harry a 8 year old lurcher

harry-1.jpg

Smudge a 14 year old lurcher

Smudge.jpg

Maggie a 8 year beddlington cross who was found as a stray with teeth so bad they bled every time she ate so she is very under weight

Katie a 6/7 year old who was found as a stray with mamory tumours

holiday2009015.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope the three whippets can be found a home together, what an awful situation :(

Hopefully there will be some sofa waiting for those lovely lurchers.

What a shame , poor dogs , hope they get a lovely home :luck:

I had just logged in to post about Casper and Rosie, as I've just seen their details come through for the Oldies Club site. I'd be so tempted to take Rosie if I didn't think we might be a bit too busy for her here :wub: :wub:

I hope someone comes forward for all of them very quickly :luck:

Same for us - we are too hectic and energetic at the moment for oldies with having two 11month olds ourselves and a 5 month old pup visiting every day. When ours have settled and my sons are older and more emotionally able to cope with the heartbreaking inevitable I will definitely take on oldies :) Lovely to hear that these three are in a warm and loving foster home

Hi i just though i should update you all on the progress of the whippet family, unfortunatly all the whippets have been seperated the older girl Rosie had a very rough week and the boys were so reliant on her and were putting to much pressure on her so we had to remove her, poor Rosie then had to be taken to the vet as her legs gave way ,we were also worried about her skin so of to the vets with her, the vet said she had bad arthritis that she should have been on medication for and also she need antibiotics for her skin.

Rosie has now been place in a long term foster home where thankfully she is showing signs of improvement with medication her legs are better and her skin is clearing up we dont know how long she will be with us but she will have the best care thats avalible.

Casper the 11 year is now residing with me on foster he has also been to the vet he is slightly underweight and has a undescended testical and unfortunatly a loud heart mema the vet has decided that he needs to be castrated as the risk of cancer is very high with this condition so in a couple of weeks when he has gain some more weight he will have this done, but until then he has made himself at home under my quilt at bedtime and lording it on the settee in the day so life isnt to bad and the good news is that he has got some one coming to see him next week who would like to adopt him.

BJ is the 7 year old when he came to us he weighed in at 27.5 kg can you believe it!! He has been on a strict diet and gentle exercise and is now down to 20.5kg so only about another 7kg to go unfortuntaly this extra weight has cause his a problem with his thyriod but this is being controled with medication that he takes everyday that will cost about £8 a month to treat him and keep him heathy he also has some joint pain but the vets feels this will get better once the weigh comes of. BJ is still looking for a home

All in all these dogs have had their problems but life is looking up for them all and fingers crossed they will all soon have a forever home

Hi i just though i should update you all on the progress of the whippet family, unfortunatly all the whippets have been seperated the older girl Rosie had a very rough week and the boys were so reliant on her and were putting to much pressure on her so we had to remove her, poor Rosie then had to be taken to the vet as her legs gave way ,we were also worried about her skin so of to the vets with her, the vet said she had bad arthritis that she should have been on medication for and also she need antibiotics for her skin.

Rosie has now been place in a long term foster home where thankfully she is showing signs of improvement with medication her legs are better and her skin is clearing up we dont know how long she will be with us but she will have the best care thats avalible.

Casper the 11 year is now residing with me on foster he has also been to the vet he is slightly underweight and has a undescended testical and unfortunatly a loud heart mema the vet has decided that he needs to be castrated as the risk of cancer is very high with this condition so in a couple of weeks when he has gain some more weight he will have this done, but until then he has made himself at home under my quilt at bedtime and lording it on the settee in the day so life isnt to bad and the good news is that he has got some one coming to see him next week who would like to adopt him.

BJ is the 7 year old when he came to us he weighed in at 27.5 kg can you believe it!! He has been on a strict diet and gentle exercise and is now down to 20.5kg so only about another 7kg to go unfortuntaly this extra weight has cause his a problem with his thyriod but this is being controled with medication that he takes everyday that will cost about £8 a month to treat him and keep him heathy he also has some joint pain but the vets feels this will get better once the weigh comes of. BJ is still looking for a home

All in all these dogs have had their problems but life is looking up for them all and fingers crossed they will all soon have a forever home

Nice to hear how these three are doing. As you said life isn't

to bad for them now :huggles:

I hope Casper gets through his op ok.

This is one sad story :( i should'nt read them key board always gets covered in snot cause i cany stop greetin it's lovely they are all doing well keep up your good health :huggles: (the three whippeters) :huggles: Hugs & Kisses

Andrea,Finn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back