The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

32 Countie's Champion Of Champion's

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
billyboy45 said:
STEVE180 said:
Yes saw alot of true dog men,who addiction for running dogs and deadication of work and conditioning showed.All the dogs came to run.the semi in the overs group was one I will remember for a while.Definately worth the trip.When I saw Arnie run in his first race,He turned a few heads and new straight away he was going to dominate.Was he related to the overs winner.Think this event will be has estaiblished itself well and will be one of the main Lurcher events to come.
I have sent my Tara bitch down home with him,to be mated next week.Tara was as fast a bitch,that had ever run in this country,and the only one in history,both here and in England,to have beaten the legendary Maddy,owned by Darren Moore.Through me not racing for a few year's,she never got the chance to make a name for herself.So hopefully wee Ernie will give me summit to race in all 3 size groups in the future,and his n her pup's will be as good as they were.View attachment 47344

fra said:
billyboy45 said:
STEVE180 said:
Yes saw alot of true dog men,who addiction for running dogs and deadication of work and conditioning showed.All the dogs came to run.the semi in the overs group was one I will remember for a while.Definately worth the trip.When I saw Arnie run in his first race,He turned a few heads and new straight away he was going to dominate.Was he related to the overs winner.Think this event will be has estaiblished itself well and will be one of the main Lurcher events to come.
I have sent my Tara bitch down home with him,to be mated next week.Tara was as fast a bitch,that had ever run in this country,and the only one in history,both here and in England,to have beaten the legendary Maddy,owned by Darren Moore.Through me not racing for a few year's,she never got the chance to make a name for herself.So hopefully wee Ernie will give me summit to race in all 3 size groups in the future,and his n her pup's will be as good as they were.View attachment 47344

billy :thumbsup: 2 years ago elliemay beat tara at tandragee :thumbsup:

billyboy45 said:
TOMTHUMB said:
billyboy45 said:
Maybe so.But i bet he'd have been going home with his tail between his leg's just like i told Mike Palmer,he was,when i was presenting the shield's to Rose Mc Coy.A bit sharp i thought,after i told him that.but i dont soften my word's enough,and what leave's my brain,just come's straight out my mouth,and misses the editing thingy,somewhere in between the two.Nothing malicious ment here mark,and maybe you'll give us the pleasure of you're company next year. Might even attract the other side of the Palmer family next year.There's room in my house somewhere.

A TRUE SPORTSMAN WOULD NOT COME OUT WITH A STATEMENT LIKE THAT.

WOULD HE Mr HARPAIR?

ALSO I THINK MY UNCLE MARKBRICK WOULD HAVE DONE US PROUD :thumbsup:

IF HIS BITCH WAS NOT IN SEASON (FACT) BEEN TOLD THIS THROUGH THE GRAPEVINE. SO PLEASE DON'T KEEP SHOVING YOUR WINNS DOWN OUR THROATS AND I WILL GIVE PRAISE WHEN IT IS DESERVED :thumbsup:

SO CAN I HAVE ONE OF YOUR PUPS WHEN YOU BREED UNCLE MARK (w00t) PLEASEEEEEE.

NO I'M NOT GOING SOFT HUMPTY

YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE........TOMTHUMB ;) HOWS THAT AUNTY HELEN :p

If you mean what i said to mike about his tail between his leg's,it was only a bit of Irish humour,and a joke with a jag.But hey,did'nt the Irish do well.

In answers to your comment about me, I have never gone away from any race meeting with "my tail between my legs", as far as you running Ellie Star down, I have travelled all over the country with this bitch racing lurchers, non-pedigree whippets and even greyhounds on the greyhound tracks with lots of success and I am never afraid to put her up for any race meeting.. not like some people who make excuses why they can't run their dogs, and then brag to everybody about how fast their dog is. As I said on my previous post she has had a lot of problems with a split pad, even up to the 26th of July when she had a stone that was embedded in the pad removed, she also had a poultice applied to the pad, and she was on a course of antibiotics which finished on the 2nd of August. In case you think this is just an excuse, here is a copy of the vets bill. As I had already booked my ferry ticket and agreed to attend the show, I came with the intentions of giving her a run, but I wouldn't have hesitated to pull her out if I thought she was going to do any more damage to the pad. In future stop having a go at other people's dogs, and get your own on the start line! Mike

fra said:
fra said:
billyboy45 said:
STEVE180 said:

Not arguin with that Frankie,but she was in season,at the time,and was in front 2/3 of the way up the hill.Remember back and you should remember that she was there that day to be mated to one of Kelly's saluki's,as he was going to buy the whole litter of me.Anyway,i said she was as fast a bitch ever to race over here,did'nt claim she was the fastest,as she would never have got near Tarn,or Bonnie.She was 10 length's slower than Tarn over a run that i still use,in Sion Mill's.So no Frankie,she was far from the fastest bitch that ive ever had anyway,as ive said myself often,that she was nowhere near as fast as the old school of dog's that i had.

billyboy45 said:
fra said:
fra said:
billyboy45 said:
STEVE180 said:

Not arguin with that Frankie,but she was in season,at the time,and was in front 2/3 of the way up the hill.Remember back and you should remember that she was there that day to be mated to one of Kelly's saluki's,as he was going to buy the whole litter of me.Anyway,i said she was as fast a bitch ever to race over here,did'nt claim she was the fastest,as she would never have got near Tarn,or Bonnie.She was 10 length's slower than Tarn over a run that i still use,in Sion Mill's.So no Frankie,she was far from the fastest bitch that ive ever had anyway,as ive said myself often,that she was nowhere near as fast as the old school of dog's that i had.

billy harpur your asking for trouble again....you raced her in season..suely all the other dogs in the race woudve been distracted :eek: :eek:

shame on you and you race tactics

CAN I JUST ADD HERE THAT "THE MIGHTY COLT" IS THE ONLY DOG IN THE UK TO STAY WITH TORI IN A RACE....SHES LEFT EVERY DOG SHES RACED FOR DEAD !! EVERY TIME IVE WATCHED HER RUN THERES BEEN NOTHING IN SIGHT..HERE OR ENGLAND.....!

mike palmer said:
billyboy45 said:
TOMTHUMB said:
billyboy45 said:
Maybe so.But i bet he'd have been going home with his tail between his leg's just like i told Mike Palmer,he was,when i was presenting the shield's to Rose Mc Coy.A bit sharp i thought,after i told him that.but i dont soften my word's enough,and what leave's my brain,just come's straight out my mouth,and misses the editing thingy,somewhere in between the two.Nothing malicious ment here mark,and maybe you'll give us the pleasure of you're company next year. Might even attract the other side of the Palmer family next year.There's room in my house somewhere.

A TRUE SPORTSMAN WOULD NOT COME OUT WITH A STATEMENT LIKE THAT.

WOULD HE Mr HARPAIR?

ALSO I THINK MY UNCLE MARKBRICK WOULD HAVE DONE US PROUD :thumbsup:

IF HIS BITCH WAS NOT IN SEASON (FACT) BEEN TOLD THIS THROUGH THE GRAPEVINE. SO PLEASE DON'T KEEP SHOVING YOUR WINNS DOWN OUR THROATS AND I WILL GIVE PRAISE WHEN IT IS DESERVED :thumbsup:

SO CAN I HAVE ONE OF YOUR PUPS WHEN YOU BREED UNCLE MARK (w00t) PLEASEEEEEE.

NO I'M NOT GOING SOFT HUMPTY

YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE........TOMTHUMB ;) HOWS THAT AUNTY HELEN :p

If you mean what i said to mike about his tail between his leg's,it was only a bit of Irish humour,and a joke with a jag.But hey,did'nt the Irish do well.

In answers to your comment about me, I have never gone away from any race meeting with "my tail between my legs", as far as you running Ellie Star down, I have travelled all over the country with this bitch racing lurchers, non-pedigree whippets and even greyhounds on the greyhound tracks with lots of success and I am never afraid to put her up for any race meeting.. not like some people who make excuses why they can't run their dogs, and then brag to everybody about how fast their dog is. As I said on my previous post she has had a lot of problems with a split pad, even up to the 26th of July when she had a stone that was embedded in the pad removed, she also had a poultice applied to the pad, and she was on a course of antibiotics which finished on the 2nd of August. In case you think this is just an excuse, here is a copy of the vets bill. As I had already booked my ferry ticket and agreed to attend the show, I came with the intentions of giving her a run, but I wouldn't have hesitated to pull her out if I thought she was going to do any more damage to the pad. In future stop having a go at other people's dogs, and get your own on the start line! Mike

Hey Mike ,did you not read that i said it was only a bit of Irish humour.But if you cant take a joke then im sorry.And i dont know where you're coming from ,about some people making excuses,for not running their dog's.That is if you mean me,of coarse. Dont forget i ran my old bitch with Tori and Wee Ernie,when they ran to make uo the number of run's.So like you Mike,i will run anywhere,anytime.Mike ,i take my hat off to you for making the journey,and i havent run her down.She is one hell of a bitch,but on the day,even though she gave her best,she was'nt good enough.Maybe it was the travelin,we'll never know.I have nothin against you Mike,and my remark's are only a bit of banter,like everyone else's.But as it's me who does all the pix n stuff,i get to say a lot more thing's about what goes on.At least i say what i think,and dont do nothing behind any ones back.I can assure you that what i say is nothing to what is said and unheard on here.You get what it say's on the tin from me,and as i said ,my word's miss the edit button ,on the way out.Glad to here you got home safe.Now take care,and good racin. ...Billy...

stormydog said:
billyboy45 said:
fra said:
fra said:
billyboy45 said:
STEVE180 said:

billy harpur your asking for trouble again....you raced her in season..suely all the other dogs in the race woudve been distracted :eek: :eek:

CAN I JUST ADD HERE THAT "THE MIGHTY COLT" IS THE ONLY DOG IN THE UK TO STAY WITH TORI IN A RACE....SHES LEFT EVERY DOG SHES RACED FOR DEAD !! EVERY TIME IVE WATCHED HER RUN THERES BEEN NOTHING IN SIGHT..HERE OR ENGLAND.....!

Have to disagree with you there John.I dont want to bring stuff back up that happened a couple of year's ago.And Megan gave her some run for it on Sunday.It was the best run between the two for quite some time.

stormydog said:
EVERY TIME IVE WATCHED HER RUN THERES BEEN NOTHING IN SIGHT..HERE OR ENGLAND.....!
How much does she weigh John? :- "

In fairness your statement is correct, there wasn't anything near her when I seen her run at Wessy but I would love to see her on the non-ped circuit, not to get beat but to have some good close racing which everyone loves to see. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
wild whippies said:
stormydog said:
EVERY TIME IVE WATCHED HER RUN THERES BEEN NOTHING IN SIGHT..HERE OR ENGLAND.....!
How much does she weigh John? :- "

In fairness your statement is correct, there wasn't anything near her when I seen her run at Wessy but I would love to see her on the non-ped circuit, not to get beat but to have some good close racing which everyone loves to see. :thumbsup:

She's 44 lb Jaq,or was on sunday anyhow. ...Billy...

congratulations to everybody who run there dogs on sunday and hope non of the threads have been directed at me, and if so just say take care mark

for those wanting to see our "trophy table"...have a look at these babies that were up for grabs !!

turns out some theiving b*****d helped himself to a few bags....when we prove who it was its best he goes and hides in a dark place :- "

S8300834.jpg

S8300847.jpg

there were 10 big bags 15kg and 22 8kg all sponsored by "FEEDWELL N.I"

[SIZE=14pt]NORTH DOWN L & TC [/SIZE]...on the prowl :unsure:

Smashing collection of trophies there John :thumbsup: :wub: the one's with the clocks on :p

:thumbsup: they look amazing! Such a lovely display, and on that velvet too.

stormydog said:
billyboy45 said:
fra said:
fra said:
billyboy45 said:
STEVE180 said:

yes stormy but shes not raced my black bitch yet,markps dont worry she only a average burnt out wee thing mark

WELL DONE N D L & TC :thumbs up:MY DAD SAYS HE'S NEVER SEEN ARRAY OF TROPHIES IN ALL HIS DAYS ON THE RACING CIRCUIT :thumbsup:

WELL DONE TO ALL THE WINNING OWNERS, AND WE WOULD LIKE TO SAY TO Mr PALMER THAT WE THINK YOUR A TRUE SPORTSMAN FOR GOING OVER 2 IRELAND TO TAKE ON THE BIG BOYS AND GIRLS :thumbs up:

LOOKING AT THE PICTURES THAT Mr HARPEER PUT ON HERE YOU DID US PROUD :thumbs up: AND BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME.

I WOULD LIKE 2 THANK ALL OF THE IRISH PEOPLE 4 MAKING Mr PALMER WELCOME, REGARDLESS OF THE SILLY STATEMENT ABOUT "THE TAIL BETWEEN YOUR LEGS" I'M SURE THIS WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN SAID TO ANY OF OUR IRISH FRIENDS OVER HERE THAT HAD JUST LOST TO A GOOD DOG.

ITS A SHAME THAT A BITCH WAS ON THE RACE TRACK IN SEASON, THIS COULD HAVE PUT A DOG OFF THE JOB IN HAND.

Thought you were packing it in Mark.What's the point of breeding a litter for the ring,simulated ,or straight racing,if you're not ,as you've said,going to be there.If that's the case mate,breed a good litter of worker's,and i might have one off you. ...Billy... PS.You missed one hell of a day's racin mate,and go easy on Mike,as he'll be suffering enough with jetlag.

he had a good day with the sounds of the reports on here i really wish i had gone but timing was wrong billy,no the bitch has found her lover and the pups will be top workers and unstoppable with a heart of a lion i breed for work 1st and thats what these are best at work matter of fact iam out tonight,mark

Sorry you didn't make it,Have you mated your bitch,As I was going to come down to Cornish Show.I take it you won't race her in pup and just coming off heat to distract the male participents.I am bringing my Brindle dog JAKE 22" (Non-ped ch Vivs quest X Greyhound) Has been clocking some good times around Cardiff stadium.See you all then.

STEVE180 said:
Thought you were packing it in Mark.What's the point of breeding a litter for the ring,simulated ,or straight racing,if you're not ,as you've said,going to be there.If that's the case mate,breed a good litter of worker's,and i might have one off you. ...Billy... PS.You missed one hell of a day's racin mate,and go easy on Mike,as he'll be suffering enough with jetlag.

he had a good day with the sounds of the reports on here i really wish i had gone but timing was wrong billy,no the bitch has found her lover and the pups will be top workers and unstoppable with a heart of a lion i breed for work 1st and thats what these are best at work matter of fact iam out tonight,mark

Sorry you didn't make it,Have you mated your bitch,As I was going to come down to Cornish Show.I take it you won't race her in pup and just coming off heat to distract the male participents.I am bringing my Brindle dog JAKE 22" (Non-ped ch Vivs quest X Greyhound) Has been clocking some good times around Cardiff stadium.See you all then.

GOOD POINT THERE STEVE :thumbsup: WE WILL SEE IF HE'S AS GOOD A DOG MAN AS HE MAKES OUT, BY NOT RUNNING A BITCH JUST OUT OF SEASON :wacko: OR ARE YOU ANOTHER SILLY BILLY :wacko: (GET OUT OF THAT BARKBRICK)

TOM TIT ;)

And He's threatening he leaving racing or attention ploy.Will ring the organiser latter to see what type checking procedure of bitches they have at the show,As I only keep dogs.

STEVE180 said:
And He's threatening he leaving racing or attention ploy.Will ring the organiser latter to see what type checking procedure of bitches they have at the show,As I only keep dogs.
dont need to ring organisers as there on here and iam sure they will tell you :lol: now for them who dont know ive got back up,ive got and always had 3 bitches and kit is just coming out of season so tomtit fetch youre super dooper racing 22inch greyhound and maybe you will put it in a few other things long jump,coarsing,hurdles,speed jump etc and stop talking about it to many people talk on here and dont get any were,mark

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back