The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

4 Of My 6 Are Poorly

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hope the chicken tempts them all so they can keep their strength up and fight the bug :luck:

Poor Holly, that must have been very worrying :eek:

More gentle hugs to everyone :huggles:

really hope they all get better soon :luck:

and so sorry to about toolah, it must have been such a shock :(

Aw Rae, sorry to hear about your gang :( ............Im sure they will all pick up soon :) i wont send any hugs from Odds as they tend to be a bit rough & hurty, so he says get better soon Supe :thumbsup: (& to the rest of the gang :* )

One of my dogs had it about 3 weeks ago,D&V.Over it now.Get well all :thumbsup:

I hope they are all feeling better soon - it's such a worry when a few of them all go down with the same thing. :(

Just a thought - it would probably be better to keep them at home for a while - going walking in the woods is likely to spread any bug they might have to other dogs walking there :nuke:

An older more infirm dog may not recover from a bug such as this.

:luck: Good luck with your brood

:( hi echo and teazle are poorly too, they are missing you aunty rae and all thier pointy nosed freinds :wub:

Poor guys :( .......Lets hope they all feel better soon .......Raes seem to be bouncing back pretty quickly apart from poor Holly ....... :huggles: to them all :flowers:

:( hi i have just read the post from janet about toolah, reaaly sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you at this difficult time,

R.I.P toolah.

I don't know you Patsy, but I am very sorry to hear about Toolah.

I hadn't looked into K9 for a while. Last weekend my greyhound was sick and had wee'd everywhere in the house for no apparent reason. His stomach was fine, he had no temperature, and the vet ruled out a few things. He kept trying to wee and nothing happened, but did actually manage it now and then. He is fine now, so I wonder if it was a version of the virus.

Cerito

sounds like a very nasty bug to spread around them all so quickly, here's hoping they've turned a corner soon :huggles: :huggles:

Sorry to hear about poor Toolah, so young, there are some awful viruses about :(

June Jonigk said:
I hope they are all feeling better soon - it's such a worry when a few of them all go down with the same thing. :(
Just a thought - it would probably be better to keep them at home for a while - going walking in the woods is likely to spread any bug they might have to other dogs walking there :nuke:

An older more infirm dog may not recover from a bug such as this.

:luck:   Good luck with your brood

We're very remote I very rarely see another soul in the woods, unless there are holiday makers about (which sadly there aren't at the minute - other than Steve & Margaret who have also got it - Rolf is really poorly with a temperature of 104 yesterday :( )

Mine are all a lot brighter this morning - the fact that there were some baby bunnies hopping around outside our garden might have perked them up a bit (w00t) (Poor things only weeks old and already with myxi) Holly has eaten some poached fish for her breakfast, which is the first thing she's eaten properly since Monday.

Since Tie & Vader came down later than the rest and with a less severe version of it I'm wondering if it's something we've picked up when lure coursing/ racing - as I normally leave T & V at home with Gary. (They cant run they'd just be sitting in the car all day otherwise)

we have 5 dogs and the recoverd at different speeds :(

and just as we thought they had all had it (except our lab who has a cast iron gut :oops: ) kc the lab did go down with it about 5/6 days after the other 4.... :x :unsure:

this bug does seem to linger :( and id say it was almost 2 weeks before they was all fighting fit again and fully recoverd :thumbsup:

I am now back on line after the storm last week took my computer out. I just wanted to say thank you to all those who put nice messages about Toolah's death. It was such a shock, and it is hard coming to terms with losing such a sweet little dog so young.

There was nothing to indicate the cause of death, and all my other dog are fine, so whether it was a rogue virus I shall never know. I do hope all the other dogs that have been poorly are now fully recovered, and let's hope this horrible illness won't spread to any more. My vet thinks that with the peculiar weather conditions we've been experiencing bugs are just breeding and spreading very rapidly.

Best wishes to you all.

Patsy

I am terribly sorry to hear about the loss of Toolah at such a very young age :( - what a devastating thing to happen. :huggles:

RIP Toolah :(

Hope all the other poorly whippets are on the mend very soon :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:
hi, mine are on the mend now, and didnt seem to have it as bad as rae,s, we went for our first walk in the woods today, since the start, it is very nice to start getting things back to normal again.xx

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back