The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

4 Of My 6 Are Poorly

Rae

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
They we are all fine on Satrday morning, ate their breakfasts and had a walk as normal.

Someone threw up grass in the garden at 10 ish and then Supe brought his entire breakfast up at 2pm, and was sick bile/grass a few hours later and wouldnt eat his tea, or even the num nums. (w00t) The rest seemed fine.

Yesterday, I thought he seemed a little brighter in the morning so off we went up the field - they all had a good run round except Supe who wasnt as zoomy as normal, and had the trotts, again he wouldnt eat his brekkie.

However they all slept all day yesterday and didnt ask for another walk at all - normally by 2pm they are driving me nuts and we have to go out again. Leia was sick yesterday and last night, and this morning only Tie & Vader have eaten, and everyone has gone back to bed, no-one is asking for a walk :(

I did take Supe & Leia to the vets yesterday evening - by then they both had green runny poo :x but strangely no temperature, and we've got some Diarsanl paste to give everyone (which is meant to absorb any toxins in them and help them pass it out) and there's nothing else we can do except keep them quiet and try to get them to eat/drink. The vet thinks it some sort of virus.

Supe has eaten 1 small chicken breast since Saturday :( :( Leia hasnt eaten since yesterday morning :( I've tried chicken, fish, scrambled eggs, goats milk and chappie as well as their normal food. Not interested in anything. :( They dont even want to lie in the sun :(

Hannah said she'd heard of something going round - Has anyone else had this? How long did it last?

Steve & Margaret are here too and Rolfy is very poorly :(

Sounds like a bug of some sort Rae, hope they all get well soon. :huggles:

what a worry for you,and it does sound like a bug to me too,hope all your dogs are back to normal real soon :luck: :luck: :luck:

:x poor things :(

dont worry it is a bug, my 5 dogs have had it about a month ago :(

and my sisters 5 also went down with it :x

some of mine just had sickness where as some had it both ends :x :x

i hope yours are better soon :huggles: :thumbsup:

They are vaccinated, aren't they? Looks they have an upset stomach, it may be viral or something in the food they ate. What are you feeding them? I would not give them the same food again at least for a while.

Hope they get better soon :luck: :luck: :luck:

Sorry to hear that you are all poorly :(

It does sound like a bug to me, hopefully it will be out of their systems soon :luck:

Gentle hugs to everyone from the boys here, although Jacob says can you give Supe a :* from him :- "

Seraphina said:
They are vaccinated, aren't they?  Looks they have an upset stomach, it may be viral or something in the food they ate.  What are you feeding them?  I would not give them the same food again at least for a while.Hope they get better soon :luck:   :luck:   :luck:

They are vaccinated - we were booked in for our boosters on Thursday but we've knocked it back 2 weeks for now to give them a chance to recover.

They eat raw minced meat/veg from Landywoods but they've been on this for months now (same batch of food for last few weeks) - I did wonder if it was the food but the Vet said it was a virus.

Off for a gentle potter in the woods now with them.

I've given Supe Jacobs :* - he said thanks, but not to get too excited, he has a headache :lol:

Hope they dont take too long to make a full recovery :luck:

Theres nothing worse than a poorly whippet is there :( only lots of poorly whippets

Gelert had something very like this a couple of weeks back - it came on in the middle of the night and in total we had 3 nights of letting him out for the runs and cleaning up vomit :x He didn't have a temperature either and the vet thought it was a bacterial infection, and it did respond immediately to antibiotics. It didn't appear to be infectious though, as Guto didn't get it.

Hope they are all over it soon :luck:

Hope they are feeling better soon :luck: :huggles: :luck: :huggles:

Hope they all feel better soonest, Daisy and Mozza send hugs :huggles:

Rae said:
I've given Supe Jacobs  :*   - he said thanks, but not to get too excited, he has a headache  :lol:
Jacob says he has a cure for headaches :- "

Poor gang :( Haven't heard of anything going round but sounds like a nasty little bug. Lots of :huggles: to them all

Sorry to hear they're not well. :( Hugs to everyone, especially you! :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

I'm adding a reply for Patsy Bird (Blandings) as she is without her computer until Wednesday. One of her bitches (Toolah) was sick last weekend and appeared a little listless, in total she threw up 3/4 times and on Monday she was quiet but did go for a walk in the afternoon. On Tuesday she appeared brighter but just after lunch Patsy found that she had slipped away quietly in her sleep. She appeared to be peaceful and had clearly not died in any pain but she just wanted to warn people that if any of your dogs are having these symptoms and appear to be listless or dehydrated you should take them to the vets immediately. Toolah never had a temperature and the post mortem was inconclusive, the vet said she could have been dehydrated and that her circulatory system may have collapsed and that it was most likely a virus that had caused this.

Toolah was only 3.5 years old and in March this year had a beautiful little of 9 puppies, of which I am lucky enough to have 2 beautiful boys (my dog Josh was her husband and I also have her brother). This was a tragic loss to Patsy and to all of us who knew her as Toolah had the dearest, sweetest nature and a beautiful soul. I know it will take a long time for Patsy to come to terms with this.

Janet said:
I'm adding a reply for Patsy Bird (Blandings) as she is without her computer until Wednesday.  One of her bitches (Toolah) was sick last weekend and appeared a little listless, in total she threw up 3/4 times and on Monday she was quiet but did go for a walk in the afternoon.  On Tuesday she appeared brighter but just after lunch Patsy found that she had slipped away quietly in her sleep.  She appeared to be peaceful and had clearly not died in any pain but she just wanted to warn people that if any of your dogs are having these symptoms and appear to be listless or dehydrated you should take them to the vets immediately.  Toolah never had a temperature and the post mortem was inconclusive, the vet said she could have been dehydrated and that her circulatory system may have collapsed and that it was most likely a virus that had caused this.
Toolah was only 3.5 years old and in March this year had a beautiful little of 9 puppies, of which I am lucky enough to have 2 beautiful boys (my dog Josh was her husband and I also have her brother).  This was a tragic loss to Patsy and to all of us who knew her as Toolah had the dearest, sweetest nature and a beautiful soul. I know it will take a long time for Patsy to come to terms with this.

I am so sorry to hear this, and my thoughts are with Patsy at this time.

RIP Toolah

Sorry to hear about your lovely gang Rae :( feeling poorly...sounds like an awful bug.

Sending some good wishes your way for a speedy recovery. :huggles: :luck: :huggles: :luck: :huggles: :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:
Poor them and you :( lots of big licks(from a distance) from mine to yours for a speedy recovery :huggles: :luck: :luck:

Thanks everyone. :huggles:

I'm so sorry to hear about Toolah - I dont know her or her owner personally but having lost a young dog in her sleep a few years back I know what a horrible shock it was. My thoughts are with her family.

Supe is a lot brighter :)) (about 50% I'd say) and Star has atlast jumped up to see what there is on the bench to steal :D . Leia is still dreadful :( , and Holly has not only been sick but also temporarily lost the use of one leg, and was going round and round in a circle, crying. It was awful. :( We'd just had a walk and she'd been OK-ish so I think she may have stung herself on a nettle, phoned the vet, gave her a piriton and she's using the leg again, but it was a bloomin worry at the time.

I've just nipped to Tesco to get some chicken to tempt them to eat. Holly ALWAYS barks when she hears the car pull up, and she's going crazy by the time I get to the front door - it was horrid to come home to silence and have no-one at the door to greet me :( It's almost as if they aren't here!

Our vet has said that they should take it easy for a few days, even after they appear well, so we are just off for another little lead walk in the woods. Vader & Tie seem 80% now (the only 2 that ate this morning) so they'll be fed up with being kept on their leads too - but better safe than sorry.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back