The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

A Bit About Yourself And Dogs

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
So free online consultations ey? :D

Your on a whippet site & you say you've got to decide what breed you want :p Honestly !!!!

HI Kavan ....is there a vet in the house ..you do realize your going to be bombarded with questions ..dont you?

Our own vet :D that's what we need on K9 :) .

Last edited by a moderator:
I would suggest that all the main racing bodies get him to sign up for the drug testing as he will know how to do it properly and fix him to a price for about ten years after that i dont think it will bother me!Cheap and Cheerfull thats what is needed .Steve

Hehe, i thought about it after I said it... well its all good practice for me I guess! So if i can be of any help let me know :)

Excellent that what i like to hear ...good on ya Kavan

no worries :cheers: .. hey can anyone tell me why i have 'warn 0%' thing next to my name and no-one else seems to have one that i can see :unsure:

see k9 news. its a new warning system nigel introduced. you can see youre own levels but no-one else's.

so why does my warning level say 80% :) only joking lol

thanx michelle.. that'll teach me to read everything :oops:

:D kenny some of you may know our clan we travel all over the country the wife chris and 2 girls danielle&ashleigh the dog i got off andy was mustang sally; 4 years ago ,god iam right into it now.rch,nch mustang has her own puppysnow i will try her 1 more season and thats it and i hope to watch her offspring do well ,hope they do as well as sally good luck to the new owners and thanks andy for letting me have her and bert&jayne for the use of two.b.one :cheers:

WELCOME KENNY AND CHRIS ,,,HOWS YOU PUPPYS DOING ?

thanks denise for asking they are littlesods eat sleep eat ,,eat,, they are hellish we have called ours fizz becouse, its ginger and cheeky :clown: thanks again kenny

Well i keep this thread coming to the top so all you new members can have a go at telling the rest of us all about yourselves (go on -you will you will)steve

UPDATE. FOUR GRANDKIDS......... :cheers: Just for those who dont kNOW who we all ARE :oops:

Well first welcome to K9 nice to see that our Scottish racing fraternity have at long last moved into 2004 with computers .Maybe Danny would like to tell us where he got a micro-lite that will carry such a load and Andy can tell us if it really will i think you could be telling porkies Danny!while your busy telling us take the time to tell us a little about you your family and your slow dog (bitch)sorry Steve

Hello Steve,got a local company to make the micro-lite(mentioned that I would be picking you up on the way down,they started pulling their hair out, locking doors and shouting "WE'VE NOT GOT HEAVY ENOUGH STEEL!!!",sorry mate I tried :cheers: As for computers I got mine for free, I'M SCOTTISH, REMEMBER!!!

Well Steve, my mum and dad had whippets and lurchers all their lives.I got my first whippet in 1986, it was a racing whippet off the Southerner.I never raced her,just kept her as a pet.She took cushions disease in 1995 and I had to put her to sleep.

I got Tiny Warrior on june 97,two months later bought her sister She's Electric.

Got my mum,dad and sister into racing the following year, they bought Demolition Blue and Black Magic.In 99 I helped my dad school Dem Blue,we knew she was going to be a class act.She was unbeaten in every puppy race.

That winter my dad was getting her ready for the following year,saying that she was going to definately take her title.

Sadly my dad was diagnosed with cancer that year and died May 2000.

Andy,my brother,got Great Company that year but as you can understand our hearts and minds were not in whippet racing.

I raced (Misty) that year with my other two, but there was something missing. To cap that year off Tina(Tiny Warrior) died in November, only 3 yrs old, I was devastated. That winter I made up my mind that Misty was going to achieve everything my dad said she would. 2001 she won her BWRA bend title,NWRF bend title,A final Lord Byron,Runner Up Scottish Derby and countless opens.2002, tradgedy struck again with my mum suffering a stroke.I took Misty to live with me,that year she retained her BWRA title, won NWRF Champion of Champions, English Whippet Derby and Supreme at the 1st Scottish Championships.I've got a pup out of She's Electric x Didycoy, if it can achieve a fraction of Demolition Blue's career,I'll be over the moon!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back