The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

A Bit About Yourself And Dogs

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi I'm Carol and my husband is Barry, we have put a few posts on K9 but as yet not introduced ourselves - sorry :oops: We have just started out in racing Whippets - so are pretty new to this! We have 3 children, Lucas (9), Holly(7) & Neve(5) and 3 dogs - 1 ESS (Bracken 3), 2 Whippets (Savilepark Strongman 17 months & Parkstone Valetino 9 weeks). Barney (Savilepark Strongman) has just passed his trials and we are now sorting out his passport :D - so maybe we will get to meet some of you on K9 at some of the opens this season. Oh, forgot to mention we are with the Northern Whippet Racing club.!!!

hi my name is alan longstaff but i'm more commonly known as alsh i have 2 daughters kelsey(4) and ebony (4 months) theres also my missus jodie and my whippet bitch gem who is bred out of so slippy and my old laguna whippet

i started taking an interest in whippet racing about 18 months ago but have only started training her in the past 2 months before this time i have been strictly a rabbiting/couring man/boy (i started when i was 9 yrs old) so thats pretty much my story.

[SIZE=21pt]good luck to you all for 2004 season alsh[/SIZE]

:p hi carol jepson do u have non peds or peds? u r with the northern group? Im from wallsend and with the north east racing group and have non peds. I havent heard of the northern group so was just wondering about if u have pedigrees? If u do race them at what clubs do u race? I race at rising sun and bigges maine which r both in wallsend. ;) To Kipper Fluke I can c why u keep digging this page up yes i agree it is very interesting. :cheers:

Hi Sherry,

We have ped whippets - we race with the Northern pedigree whippet club at Coppull - Chorley. We only started racing in Sept last year after getting our first whippy from Astley & Tyldesley Lurcher show - we went for a day out like we do every year and came back with Barney! (w00t) But I agree with all the people on here whippys are addictive - you've got to have more! We've just got our 2nd whippet, Solitaire who's nine weeks and a handful!!! :blink: and I hope to get a bitch in the not too distant future. Like I mentioned, Barney has just passed his trials so he can run this season - he'll be running at our club and hopefully when he has his passport can enter in other opens. :D

I've never had a whippet until Barney, my husband grew up with them - mine & Barry's first dog together was a GSD - to be honest I didn't think whippets were 'cuddly' dogs - I was proven wrong I'm glad to say!! :D Barney has the sofa while we sit on the edge or on another chair and if he gets the chance to get into bed he wraps himself over your face and around your neck :p but I certainly wouldn't have it any other way!! Soli even though a live wire is an absolute sweetie!

hello i,l introduce my self properly to those people who don,t know us.We have 3 whippets and 1 sheltie & pups on the way.I have been running dogs for 23yrs (and i,m still waiting for my first title) :sweating: Gary is fairly a newcomer only been racing 5yrs ,his first dog (cinnamon) he picked from being born after watching his first puppy birth .and in 3 weeks time he will hopefully be watching his 2nd puppy birth when his bitch has pups. :sweating:

Here are our dogs from left to right

lizzie(cinnamon) tara (tarragon) inca (sheltie) emma (heatwave)

from donna & gary. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

View attachment 1137

Good photo Donna and garry, :p :D but i think you got enough room on your settee for ermmm maybe three more whippets lol :thumbsup: Good Luck with the puppies :wub:

Lovely pic cinnamon, Esthermax actually told me that she makes her children get off the setee so the whippets can get on :D

:D :D hopefully 2 pat. 1 bitch and 1 dog as gary is complaining about the amount of females(bitches) in the house ;) ;)

donna

theres currently 6 whips on the sofa......and 1 eyeing up the babys moses basket :b ,1 under the duvet in my bed and another with pups in the spare bedroom

:- " :- " :- " ha ha carole when i get as old as you i will retire from racing.

See you tomorrow :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

donna

Hi Vicky, she so does have her priorities right, i sometimes find myself perching like a right ejut on the edge just so the gang can be comfy

:teehee: you l be retiring soon then donna lol. :)) only right children off the sofa 4 whippets wait until u start telling guests 2 get off 4 the dogs. ;) That will be why i dont get many guests. :*

Yep thats the reason carol, :D my mates all wait outside untill i let the whippets into the front room :oops: , they recon we are crazy :teehee: ............. but then we know different ey... :wub:dont you just love whippets lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Our dogs are not fussy - if theres no room on the sofa they just jump on people's laps :lol: :lol: its a good job most of our friends like dogs!

Carol

Hi Joey,

Yep! an if they don't care for dogs its tough they jump on them aswell! :eek:

Carol

Hi its me esthermax,if the floor gets to hard for me and the hubby, we then sit on the kids!

Soli's a handlful, but i love him to pieces!! :huggles: he's asleep at the minute so i'm going to open a bottle of wine and put my feet up for 5 mins LOL.

he's got last injection on weds so as soon as we can we'll fetch him on Sunday. We are going to try and post a piccy on K9 tomorrow - but don't hold your breath LOL :p

Carol

Lol Sue i went back & changed mine too, can't believe it was 2 years ago when we origianlly wrote it!! :D

Heya Guy's

I'm fairly new to this site, I stumbled into it by accident :b Anyway i'm a 4th year vet student in london, currently dogless as my dog had to be put to sleep at xmas :( but he was a 9 yr old black lab called barney.. hopefully i will get a new dog once i finish uni have to decide what breed!!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back