The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

A Bit Of Nostalgia

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Guess who Geoff?
Front left Martin Mills, he had a bitch called Sally, at the back of him is John Martin, bottom picture is me old mate Jack Smith from Pontefrack, there lass Jeannette was a nice bugger. :thumbsup: keep them coming Karen :thumbsup:
:lol: They broke the mould when they made Janette. :thumbsup:

Been digging out old pics again :lol: 1st one's for Paul.Think it's the show near Horncastle,but can't remember the name of it :b and most will know the fella on the left in the bottom pick
Ok Karen the first one is at the show that we used to put on at Blakeney in Linconshire.It was a charity event nice venue we didnt really make much out of it.Promised us a load of coursing but never got it but thats how it used to go then.Other people that had not done nothing much chased the owd hares!But the good side is we got to meet a lot of good dog people.Take care The Owd Mule :)

Been digging out old pics again :lol: 1st one's for Paul.Think it's the show near Horncastle,but can't remember the name of it :b and most will know the fella on the left in the bottom pick
Ok Karen the first one is at the show that we used to put on at Blakeney in Linconshire.It was a charity event nice venue we didnt really make much out of it.Promised us a load of coursing but never got it but thats how it used to go then.Other people that had not done nothing much chased the owd hares!But the good side is we got to meet a lot of good dog people.Take care The Owd Mule :)
Just a correction Rodders the picture of your George was at Reevesby not the hunt show that i mentioned.Never got any coursing there as well.But we raised a lot for local charities we packed it in when a fight broke out and it got a bit out of hand.Do you remember Rodders? :b The Owd Mule

Thats the one Paul :thumbsup: ,and yes I remember the fight :- It was a shame that show finished,it was a lovely place.I remember Mike Palmer bringing the high jump up from Cornwall for that show.

Thats the one Paul :thumbsup: ,and yes I remember the fight :- It was a shame that show finished,it was a lovely place.I remember Mike Palmer bringing the high jump up from Cornwall for that show.
You got it Karen used to enjoy doing Catton Park as well we used to offer a days coursing to the supreame champ in them days.We had the pleasure of running on some prime coursing ground as well such as Martin Fen.It was nice to see the show dogs having a go!The NLRC are running a show this year at Catton (Walton on Trent) Sunday 19th April.Just found out its The Game Keeper Fair.Take care The Owd Mule ;)

You got it Karen used to enjoy doing Catton Park as well we used to offer a days coursing to the supreame champ in them days.We had the pleasure of running on some prime coursing ground as well such as Martin Fen.It was nice to see the show dogs having a go!The NLRC are running a show this year at Catton (Walton on Trent) Sunday 19th April.Just found out its The Game Keeper Fair.Take care The Owd Mule ;)
Which was the show you did on the A46,can't remember the name of that one too :lol: Was it at a college or school?

Think we only went for a couple of years

Which was the show you did on the A46,can't remember the name of that one too :lol: Was it at a college or school?

Ratcliffe college Raren.Take Care ;) Paul

Ratcliffe college Karen.Take Care ;) Paul Just off beating Rattin Tomorrow

Dave Sleight awarding Paul James his trophy
Paul James at Chatsworth 2008, showing how hurdling should be done :lol:

IMG_0172.jpg

Iam really enjoying this nostalga having been around 25 years you meet so many people at these shows and for me Chatsworth is the place i really enjoy although only once a year i meet people there i only see once a year but they are always so friendly and make you welcombe.Cant wait for the show season to start again and meet up with the usual crowd and have a laugh keeps me sane for the rest of the week.

Iam really enjoying this nostalga having been around 25 years you meet so many people at these shows and for me Chatsworth is the place i really enjoy although only once a year i meet people there i only see once a year but they are always so friendly and make you welcombe.Cant wait for the show season to start again and meet up with the usual crowd and have a laugh keeps me sane for the rest of the week.

Have you got some old pics you want to share with us? :thumbsup:

ourginny031.jpg
Can you remember this Mike? or can anyone else, I think it was in 1991 that I met Mike Palmer for the first time :D and stayed friends ever since
Just bumping this topic up for Knightrider :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back