The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

A Bit Of Nostalgia

Still love those long jump pic's
I think Karen (rodders) could top that long jump picture of our Midge with a picture of their first camper van :lol: pmsl everytime I think about it.

Come on Karen get that photo album out :D

PMSL thats the one.Poor old Sean Mitchel needed the parachute.It was dark when he left,the night before the show and all I remember is the Ahhhhhh...... as he walked out the door :lol: poor bugger was limping all the next day :- .George parked it in his works carpark once and when he went to it later,there was an advertisement for chip,burgers,pegs and lucky heather on the door.He couldn't understand why we all laughed at the bloody thing :wacko: It had a name too the kids called it the big yellow fun bus.
:lol:

mikkie.jpg

I think Karen (rodders) could top that long jump picture of our Midge with a picture of their first camper van :lol: pmsl everytime I think about it.

Trust you to mention the big yellow fun bus :lol: my kids still cringe when it's mentioned :lol: We weren't allowed to pip to them if we drove past :lol: and if they saw it coming theyl'd dive into someones garden for cover 8)

Trust you to mention the big yellow fun bus :lol: my kids still cringe when it's mentioned :lol: We weren't allowed to pip to them if we drove past :lol: and if they saw it coming theyl'd dive into someones garden for cover 8)
pmsl reading this :lol:

Your bloody cruel Karen, :lol:
Wish i'd got a picture to show you Di :lol: Imagine this.Remember the old BT vans.They were a Sherpa van,with a dimountable big yellow box on the back.(Does it ring any bells?)Well George took the big yellow box off the back and put a 2 berth caravan (minus the wheels) on the back in place of it (w00t) PMSL.The trouble was,he mounted the caravan on top of the frame that the box sat on,instead of taking the frame off and mounting the caravan on the chassis.So it sat about 4ft too high,and you needed a set of step ladders to get in it.(Geoff i'm crying writing this)OMG did we draw some looks

I've got a picture in my head Karen, :lol: but then I've a few at the moment, :teehee: di,

I love these old stories, keep em coming Kar, :lol:

I just want to say thanks to everyone for sharing their photos and their memories on this thread. I haven't been on here for a few days and it was great to come on here and see all this stuff. As someone relatively new to Lurcher competitions I have never seen a longjump or high jump competition and all I can say is WOW! I had no idea such things were possible!!!! Fantastic, very inspiring.

Vicky

x

Nice to look back with great memories of Chatsworth, if my memory serves me well, I judged the Sunday open show in 1992, Tony Rosa's Tonka won the puppy championship.

I think I took most of the photos until recent years as well, got sick of the same faces ha ha, Palmers, Matthews, Fletchers, Thompsons had many a good night with the Thompson family, great times with great people.

Thanks for the reminder, will have to see if any of the pre digital photos are lying about.

Nice to look back with great memories of Chatsworth, if my memory serves me well, I judged the Sunday open show in 1992, Tony Rosa's Tonka won the puppy championship.
I think I took most of the photos until recent years as well, got sick of the same faces ha ha, Palmers, Matthews, Fletchers, Thompsons had many a good night with the Thompson family, great times with great people.

Thanks for the reminder, will have to see if any of the pre digital photos are lying about.
That would be nice if you could add some more pics :thumbsup:

Fletcher :-

Have a few somewhere Geoff.Of my TARN ans JUDY bitches.The year TARN won the open show.Have one of her,with the reserve champion too.Will have to scan them across first though.As they are 35mm ones.Was a lot fresher back then,and a hell of a lot fitter too,lol.No not fatter,haha.

Have a few somewhere Geoff.Of my TARN ans JUDY bitches.The year TARN won the open show.Have one of her,with the reserve champion too.Will have to scan them across first though.As they are 35mm ones.Was a lot fresher back then,and a hell of a lot fitter too,lol.No not fatter,haha.
:D get them put on Billy :thumbsup:

YES COME ON BOBBY GET THEM ON LOL SORRY I MEAN BILLY

Yes please more pics!!! This is a brilliant thread.

Would love to see/have pics of Chatsworth 93, my dog Spyder was reserve that year, never have had a photo of that day. Also anyone have a pic of the B W L C final, when my dear little dog Willow won?

I have a picture of Willow on my bedroom wall, when she beat Tony Rosa's Tonka. How scary is that, having a pic of Tony Rosa in yer bedroom? :lol:

Anyway, have asked Milly to get in the loft and search for some pics, H will have to let him out of the cellar soon, to get the christmas decorations down :p

Just read youre pm,mr Pendleton.Not every day i make a blunder mate.But it does appen from time to time.Guess reading this,and knowing what time i sent you that pm.Then you will see what put that name in me owl head,lol.Will put those on when i gat them Graham.OPP'S.I mean Geoff

Just read youre pm,mr Pendleton.Not every day i make a blunder mate.But it does appen from time to time.Guess reading this,and knowing what time i sent you that pm.Then you will see what put that name in me owl head,lol.Will put those on when i gat them Graham.OPP'S.I mean Geoff
LOL MADE MY DAY BILLY PMSL

Would love to see/have pics of Chatsworth 93, my dog Spyder was reserve that year, never have had a photo of that day. Also anyone have a pic of the B W L C final, when my dear little dog Willow won?

I have a picture of Willow on my bedroom wall, when she beat Tony Rosa's Tonka. How scary is that, having a pic of Tony Rosa in yer bedroom? :lol:

Anyway, have asked Milly to get in the loft and search for some pics, H will have to let him out of the cellar soon, to get the christmas decorations down :p
Got some pics of some finalists from BWLC.What does Willow look like?and what event did you win?

Got some pics of some finalists from BWLC.What does Willow look like?and what event did you win?
Hiya Rodders, Willow won the showing final, she was a fawn, broken coated, rabbiting dog. I remember Clare Taylor was reserve with a brindle bitch, called Tear/Tia.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back