The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

A New Baby In The House

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Quite true, Jo.

He looks dinky! He's so pretty. :wub: Lovely photo's of him just arrived - he looks pretty confident already!

call him (dinky!)

Can see the pictures now :thumbsup: wow what lovely markings - hes very handsome. :wub:

kitty said:
Quite true, Jo.

He looks  dinky! He's so pretty.  :wub:   Lovely photo's of him just arrived - he looks pretty confident already!

call him  (dinky!)

yeh he is tiny compared to my blue ..he stands 23inches were as the new one is only 19inches and not as big boned as blue ...and maybe not a fat as id like him to be :- " nevermind nothing a few steaks wont sort out :D

another picy :wub:

PA210026.jpg

What a wee honey :wub: :wub: :wub:

I would have loved to have had him!

You are going to have so much fun with him!

:luck:

Gemma

~JO~ said:
daledogs said:
awwwwwwwwwell done Nicky for giving him the loving home he deserves,he is in the right place now were he will get all the fuss and attention and any treatment he needs

Sorry if i have missed something here, but as you wrote something similar on the other post Dawn I felt the need to comment -

Just becasue he has been re-homed doesn't mean he wasn't in a loving home before and that he didn't get any attention or treatment.

I only know the story as far as this thread and the other one goes, I know the guy went about it a little incorrectly and was rude to you Dawn. But I don't think we should jump to the conclusion that because he has been re-homed he was neglected before.

Just felt I needed to say this :b

By the way he is adorable I hope he loves his new home :wub:

hi Jo,i understand your point what you are saying :thumbsup:

but the lad was not in great condition,he was covered in fleas(no excuse for this) etc and only one testicle,which he did not mention to nicky.so why was he not honest with this,i,m sure nicky will tell you more about if he wishes so.

all i was saying was at least he is in good home now and get the treatment he needs(for the fleas) or anything else that he needs,as he is being taken to the vet.

so i don,t think i was jumping at all

but i do understand we must not jumps to conclusions until we get our facts right.

:D :D :D :D :D

He's lovely. My Fred is only 19 inches and 10.5kg, so he's a lightweight too. Look forward to seeing him settle in.

hi ok I'll clear few things up, the dog was not in the best condition, he was riddled with fleas, only one testicle was decended and maybe a little thin in my eye's altough the vet wasnt worried about his weight.

He will have to have an operation to remove both testicles the vet couldn't find the other one in his groin so they will have to look in his abdomon which is going to be a costly afair but he will have the treatment he should have had a long time ago... the vet said this problem would have been obvious at about 4/5 mths of age.

As for the owner I'll reserve my judgement but Ive spoke to some other people he was trying to sell this dog too and his story is inconsistent and his reasons for selling the dog are unknown although but its not difficult to come to a conclusion.

We weren't asked about our home, garden, surroundings or anything about his future welfair which was worrying.

Anyway hes now in a loving home with a play mate to keep him company and he will receive everything he will need for the rest of his days. :thumbsup:

It's such a disgrace how some people keep animals!! :rant:

Thankfully this little lad as landed on his feet coming to you. I hope all goes well with the op and you have a wonderful lifetime together! :luck:

When does he go in for his op?

Evie said:
It's such a disgrace how some people keep animals!!  :rant:
Thankfully this little lad as landed on his feet coming to you.  I hope all goes well with the op and you have a wonderful lifetime together!  :luck:

When does he go in for his op?

hi evie the vet has advised us to let him settle in for few weeks so i was thinking about 2/3 weeks time :thumbsup:

Good thinking. Keep us posted on how it goes..... And of course plenty of pics of the wee handsome man! :wub:

Poor boy :( at least now he is in a nice loving home :thumbsup:

Hope everything goes ok with the op :luck: :luck:

Has he got a name yet ? ? ?

lucky boy - and lucky you too! :wub: :huggles:

he's gorgeous, looks really happy with his new best friend.

The fleas will soon be sorted, our friends dog had his abdominal testicle and the normal one removed and did very well with the op and recovery, so hope your new boys op goes as smoothly.

Little whippets are nice, ours is only 20 lb. You can see the size difference in their heads on your photo. He may be a fussy eater but having some competition now might make his appetite improve :D

ANY NAME YET ??????? :- "

nicky12 said:
hi ok I'll clear few things up, the dog was not in the best condition, he was riddled with fleas, only one testicle was decended and maybe a little thin in my eye's  altough the vet wasnt worried about his weight. He will have to have an operation to remove both testicles the vet couldn't find the other one in his groin so they will have to look in his abdomon which is going to be a costly afair but he will have the treatment he should have had a long time ago... the vet said this problem would have been obvious at about 4/5 mths of age.

As for the owner I'll reserve my judgement but Ive spoke to some other people he was trying to sell this dog too and his story is inconsistent and his reasons for selling the dog are unknown although but its not difficult to come to a conclusion.

We weren't asked about our home, garden, surroundings or anything about his future welfair which was worrying.

Anyway hes now in a loving home with a play mate to keep him company and he will receive everything he will need for the rest of his days. :thumbsup:

I see why you said this now Dawn - but you will see why I made this comment, I did say 'unless I missed something' which of course we didn't realise :thumbsup:

I can't believe he didn't tell you about his having one testicle, it does all sound pretty dodgy. But at least the ending has been happy :D

Without wishing to open up a can of working regarding neutering dogs with one testicle, although it would have been obvious he only had one at 4/5 months - it is not unknown for the other to come down anytime up to even 18months or more. So this is why often people don't feel the need to neuter early especially as there is a strong feeling about many that neutering a puppy is not always a wise decision (regardless of what some vets may say! :- " )

Although in this little boys case - I wouldn't be too sure if he was left for the above reasons! Who knows :wacko:

Anyway - I think he is adorable and lots of luck to him in his new home :wub:

Awww - lovely pictures ... and very Good luck with him :luck: :luck:

He is super. Looks like he has fallen on his feet which is a blessing. :wub:

~JO~ said:
Without wishing to open up a can of working regarding neutering dogs with one testicle, although it would have been obvious he only had one at 4/5 months - it is not unknown for the other to come down anytime up to even 18months or more.  So this is why often people don't feel the need to neuter early especially as there is a strong feeling about many that neutering a puppy is not always a wise decision (regardless of what some vets may say!  :- " )

:- " Just for balance:

Cathrine's experience of a retained testicle

So I'm afraid it's not unknown for cancer to develop this early. Some vets will leave the normal one if you feel strongly about neutering.

moriarte said:
~JO~ said:
Without wishing to open up a can of working regarding neutering dogs with one testicle, although it would have been obvious he only had one at 4/5 months - it is not unknown for the other to come down anytime up to even 18months or more.  So this is why often people don't feel the need to neuter early especially as there is a strong feeling about many that neutering a puppy is not always a wise decision (regardless of what some vets may say!  :- " )

:- " Just for balance:

Cathrine's experience of a retained testicle

So I'm afraid it's not unknown for cancer to develop this early. Some vets will leave the normal one if you feel strongly about neutering.

Thanks Elizabeth, always good to have both sides :thumbsup:

I just wanted to point out that by not having him castrated yet was not necessarily neglectful - it may have been an informed choice.... or maybe not!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back