The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

A New Topic For Matrix

hellbound

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
started this topic for a new member of k9 "Matrix" who would like more credit going to brood bitch's after he read my topic on top stud dog Rch Cracked it,

Top brood bitch 2003 Fleetwood Fox, offspring that made up her points, Fleetwood Flame, ( sire Rch Cracked it ) Monkey ( sire Rch Cracked it) Sammy Boy (sire Rch Craced it) Billy No Mates (sire Rch cracked it ) Cavendish ( sire Rch cracked it ) Minsters Rocket ( sire i think is " micks Mystery ")

Top Brood bitch 2004 Fleetwood Fox, offspring that made up her points, Fleetwood Flame ( sire Rch Cracked it ) Monkey ( sire Rch Cracked it ) Sammy Boy ( sire Rch Cracked it ) Minster Rocket ( sire Mick's Mystery ) Leo ( Sire Rch Cracked it ) Tyler's boy ( sire Rch Cracked it ) Rififi ( Sire Rch Cracked it ) Cavendish ( Sire Rch Cracked it )

Top Brood Bitch 2005 What Spot, offspring that made up her points, Bound Too ( Sire Sup Nch / Rch Spellbound ) Mac Spot ( Sire Sup Nch / Rch Spellbound ) See Spot Run ( Sire Sup Nch / Rch Spellbound ) Troublespot ( Sire Rch Cracked it )

well done the two top Brood bitch's they have produced some excellent offspring to win the brood bitch competition, hope you do so again with your next litters, :thumbsup: :cheers:

Give it a rest instead of always trying to upset people---and grow up it will soon be the school hols you can play then!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sorry but i think yvonne is well in order here, matrix added sarcastic remarks on a stud topic about the brood bitches not getting enuff credit "just a dig at yvonne really" as result yvonne has provided us with brood bitch information.

Smoke without fire !!!!

Still very sad and not required in my opinion and i never directed my reply to any party rather to both! steve

o.k o.k fair do's but cannot we not just apprechiate dogs achievements regardless of the owners, i mean who would have thought a crazy man like you steve would be one of the top trainers in the sport lol lol, only kidding mate.

Ow i wanted to play kiss chase with steve !!!

Your reply to me ASH will be treat the same way i treat all those made by a certain Mr Warren pal and with the same sort of answers --LOL and thats what this site is about FUN FUN FUN even if its at Tony Warrens expence as thats the only expence he has won't dig into those deep pockets thats for sureas they have holes in and he feels cocky enough already--- :- "

Thought it was Quick Sand in them pockets of his i mean i see them go in but they don't seem to come back out again lol..... you are right steve its all about fun mate!!

i did not mean to be offensive ash :)) i just saw the post saying a dog got its speed from a collie and the said dog is bred from Viv's quest a dog who proved his worth at the puppy champs :thumbsup: if hellbound was not having a dig then fair enough :thumbsup:

Fair do's Matrix :thumbsup: Lets make love not war lol lol :thumbsup: Plus my Dog RHYTHM 'N' BLUE is out of sam "viv's quest" He has done well at stud, well done don and ruth and not forgetting Sam

Last edited by a moderator:
why would you think i was having ago at the stud dog, :b i also said the bitch had greyhound in its breeding, :b also no big at the greyhound, just something between the owners of the bitch and myself,

FUN,

Whilst on this orginal Subject our own Crystal bay has two Rch from this last championships plus the 28lb veteran classwinner/runner up to sup they are Waterford Time and Coral --the late Itts the Pitts sired Time and Coral and i think he was a very under used stud dog after all he achieved --my own Kipper being sire to Waterford.

any remarks/comments welcome on this. :cheers:

steve

I always like to look at a brood bitch with regards to how many litters it has had and to which stud dogs, how many pups were produced and of those that raced (because as we all know with pups some never make it to the track due to unforseen circumstances) how many became open class.

For example:

One bitch had say four litters to it's name producing about 20 pups with around 15 making it to the track and then maybe 5 out of those fifteen going on to be top open class (because lets face it there have been plenty of good whippets out there with no title to their name).

Another bitch had 2 litters produng about 10 pups and 6/7 of those going on to race and 3 going on to become open class.

I would rate the 2nd bitch more highly as approximately 43-50% of it's pups became open class whereas the first bitch had 33% of it's pups become open class (which is still a good figure if we are honest).

Then you have to bring into account the stud dog ... has the bitch that had the two litters only used one stud dog/breeding both times over or has it thrown good pups to two separate dogs ? Has the bitch with four litters only thrown good pups to one particular stud breeding or has it thrown good pups in every litter to each differently bred stud dog.

I am of the opinion that when breeding ther are some bloodlines that dominate over others ie. some bitches seem to have the deciding factor in a pup's make-up and sometimes it's the dog that has the dominant traits in a litter.

After all isn't the aim of breeding a litter to find a match of traits that provides the allround best and most consistent whippets with regards to speed and overall litter performance.

It's a tricky game and the aim of the bitch owner (in my most humble opinion) is to choose a stud dog that most suits the bitch and will provide the best traits to the bitches specifics but at the same time it is the breeders aim to produce a variety of bloodline crosses so as to keep a diversity of blood for the future of the whippet as a breed. (i.e specific stud dogs being used far more often than others thus closing the gene pool for the future breeding).

There one essay and one opinion ;)

Different horse's different course's then the lack of genetic diversity makes dogs susceptible to disease since they lack the ability to resist certain viruses. Extreme inbreeding affects their reproductive success with small litter sizes and high mortality rates.

you swallowed a dictionary ash :Excellent answer fleesh i think you summed it up spot on :thumbsup:

Try here

Under "Natural Occurance of Inbreeding"

In the 2nd paragraph lol I just googled you Ash (w00t) :blink:

P.S Thanks Mutley :b

:oops:

nice one thats one of the reasons i decided to get 2 greyhound crosses in, to race obviously, but also for future breeding purposes new blood ,look how many stud dogs are available now to ten years ago a hell of a Lott less :( boydy has the right idea with giving his own a try who would of thought waterford would come from kipper but its worked well good on you Steve and Karen :thumbsup: the sport needs new blood lines introduced or we will all end up with a very tight gene pool :( not having a dig at any stud dogs before i get jumped on :)) there are some good dogs at stud just not as many to choose from :- "

Agreed Gary - as for the stud dogs numbers I can't compare as I have not been racing that long - I shall bow to your superior wisdom on the issue (and no K9 members I am not ass-kissing).

If someone wants to use a dog that is not advertised then they should just ask like I do :- " - the worse the dog owner can say is "no" :( (and it's happened).

I think in all honesty a lot of dog owners would be flattered if someone wanted to use their dog at stud, a lot genuinely don't think if advertising them for one reason or another. :eek:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back