The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

A New Topic For Matrix

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
AndrewPocket said:
Matrix said:
The Genetic side of breeding should be considered both in dog and bitch  recurring health problems you should use a stud dog that excels in what your bitch is missing IE  bad trapping , lack of finish

shorly all stud dogs that are on offer today are fast trappers ,fast finishin, quick away ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,or else they wouldent be any good :D :D (and what would be the point of usin a stud dog that aint got all these assential qualitys :thumbsup:

i hope your not having another pop at me young man :)

Matrix said:
stormy weathers said:
Not usually one to get involved in ppls arguments but all you hear now is the same ppl banging on bout using different stud dogs then when someone does the same ppl are saying oh why has she used that what has that ever produced.I think most bitch owner put a lot of thought into who they use as a stud dog and dont just go to one cos everyone else is.

dont think this topic is argument just a debate everyone is entitled to there choices including stud dogs even if they are overly advertised

Can't beat a good debate :thumbsup: Reckon it's good to listen to other peoples opinions. :D

mutley said:
nice one thats one of the reasons i decided to get 2 greyhound crosses in, to race obviously, but also for future breeding purposes new blood ,look how many stud dogs are available now to ten years ago a hell of a Lott less :(   boydy has the right idea with giving his own a try who would of thought waterford would come from kipper but its worked well good on you Steve and Karen :thumbsup:   the sport needs new blood lines introduced or we will all end up with a very tight gene pool :(   not having a dig at any stud dogs before i get jumped on :))   there are some good dogs at stud just not as many to choose from  :- "
I agree with you there Gary about the tight gene pool. I try not it interbreed but with Crazy Cracker and Marillion in my breed i find it very hard to find a stud dog without these 2 breeds in them.P.S Just seen that pic of Andy and sitting here pmsl.

Last edited by a moderator:
mutley said:
give it a rest man all you hear is cracked it this cracked it that :(   it wasn't exactly a flying machine  :- " OK you have proven your stud dogs worth but dont you think people get fed up getting it rammed down their throats constantly :rant: y thats my opinion and to be classed in the same league as marilion and dream vision is a bit far fetched

Q ( it wasn't exactly a flying machine ) like you say only your opinion, how many pups have you had thats been bred out off Cracked it, ????

we have had 3 ....told gaz he is a bit soft in the head... 2 broke tibia crests and the other was a fighter

Dee

hellbound said:
mutley said:
give it a rest man all you hear is cracked it this cracked it that :(   it wasn't exactly a flying machine  :- " OK you have proven your stud dogs worth but dont you think people get fed up getting it rammed down their throats constantly :rant: y thats my opinion and to be classed in the same league as marilion and dream vision is a bit far fetched

Q ( it wasn't exactly a flying machine ) like you say only your opinion, how many pups have you had thats been bred out off Cracked it, ????

will re-word the edited part of this post

are you then saying that only extraordinarily fast stud dogs should be mated to extraordinarily fast brood bitch's, ?? that would make the gene pool very small,

that being the case i can think of a few brood bitchs, that would never have been mated, along with stud dogs that you would never have tried, CAN YOU :- "

Matrix said:
The Genetic side of breeding should be considered both in dog and bitch  recurring health problems you should use a stud dog that excels in what your bitch is missing IE  bad trapping , lack of finish

Your a very wise man Matrix-

your criteria is exactly what i used when looking for the father of my children...

Stevies got it all... :clown:

i don't think we should rule out any dog / bitch when breeding, think we have all seen offspring from unlikely mating turnup some very good open class offspring, so everyone should use what dog / bitch they want and be supported with the choice they make, :eek: thats me being very nice :oops:

Karen-Coral said:
Matrix said:

your criteria is exactly what i used when looking for the father of my children...

Thank you your children must be full of charm, good looks and every thing you hoped for in them :thumbsup:

for someone who's on the nnwrf committee and should be promoting this sport to make such slanderous comments and to involve someone else show why the sports dying

if you want to make comments like that put it in writing and sign it with your name (and not someone you want to bleam for saying it ) and i will forward it to my solicitor

Matrix said:
Karen-Coral said:
Matrix said:

Thank you your children must be full of charm, good looks and every thing you hoped for in them :thumbsup:

Yes they are two wonderfull children as a direct result of being sired by myself ---- :- "

NOW AT STUD -----FREE of COURSE ---as money can not buy PERFECTION--- :oops:

Whats that old saying about self praise being no recomendation??? :luck: :luck:

steve o:) o:) o:) o:) o:) o:) o:)

hellbound said:
for someone who's on the nnwrf committee and should be promoting this sport to make such slanderous comments and to involve someone else show why the sports dying
if you want to make comments like that put it in writing and sign it with your name  (and not someone you want to bleam for saying it ) and i will forward it to my solicitor

What like you promoting the sport by trying to close the fed down and keeping members equipment and monies theres a joke

Also failing a drugs test with your dog :oops:

I only write what is the truth and have evidence to prove so...if your solicitor wants a copy he or she are quite well come to it, Ive never had anything to hide.

Back to topic one of the best dogs i have ever owned was breed form 2 club dogs.

I suppose that if you breed the best you have more chance of producing the best...i think alot has to do with the up bring also

Speaking of new stud dogs to bring new blood into the gene pool.

Rch Nch Midnight Boy (sonny boy/starlight dawn)

Rch sup Nch Ballystorm (Xocet/Ghd)

Pups for sale £150

Pups are now three weeks old, so far ballystorm has champions out of both litters previously Rch Nch ballyspot (Montana) and Rch ballyso (outbound), also derby class winner as a pup Ballyboy(outbound)

Dogs and a few bitches left :cheers:

Wow! :eek: i'm really shocked!As someone new to whippet racing i'm not quite sure what i'm getting in too.I assume there are personal differences between certain people on here,but to reach the point where what could have been a good topic as now turned into a place for pulling peoples dogs down.(Correct me if i'm wrong but thats how I read it)then I think maybe this topic should be closed.Can't find a smilie face for extreme dissapointment Karen

not pulling anyones dogs down rodders sorry if its gotten out of hand :) just my opinion that cracked it wasn't an exceptionally good dog while racing :- " but has proven without doubt his worth as a stud dog in his offspring ,its a shame some of the greats were born without the equipment to produce offspring i jut got sick of hearing certain people going on and on about a certain stud dog :- " you dont hear other owners of just as good dogs blab on all the time .

heres a few of the for mentioned greats

slippy blue

razzmatazz

sailor

flying Scotsman

rapid fire

could go on but thats sods law as i said cracked it has done well at stud and dont want to offend any owners who have dogs bred from him.

Brood or not Bitches are darned annoying :rant:

Connor's Lass has just come in season (w00t) so now we have 2 season bums in the house :x .

rodders said:
Wow! :eek: i'm really shocked!As someone new to whippet racing i'm not quite sure what i'm getting in too.I assume there are personal differences between certain people on here,but to reach the point where what could have been a good topic as now turned into a place for pulling peoples dogs down.(Correct me if i'm wrong but thats how I read it)then I think maybe this topic should be closed.Can't find a smilie face for extreme dissapointment Karen
Sorry i must apologies for that i really should learn to let certain peoples post go over my head.... Also would like to say sorry to hell bound for mentioning the Devon episode i was out of order, the only axe i had to grind with you was your positive test and not standing by zero tolerance and keeping hold of members equipment.

Don't agree that peoples stud dogs should be getting pulled down, all dogs will throw good pups/ dogs at some point to the right bitch and as people have said there is not alot of them about at the moment... i would just like to add good luck and well done to our recent new stud dogs kirby,Midnight Boy,rag crazy

Back to brood bitch's heres a few that i thought deserve a mention ....dessie, marella, home bird (ghd), tony's gift and what spot all these bitch's through champions in every litter

Fleesh said:
Brood or not Bitches are darned annoying  :rant:
Connor's Lass has just come in season  (w00t)   so now we have 2 season bums in the house  :x .

Lets hope your young ones don't follow suit :- "

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back