The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

A New Topic For Matrix

mutley said:
not pulling anyones dogs down rodders sorry if its gotten out of hand :) just my opinion that cracked it wasn't an exceptionally good dog while racing  :- "  but has proven without doubt his worth as a stud dog in his offspring ,its a shame some of the greats were born without the equipment to produce offspring i jut got sick of hearing certain people going on and on about a certain stud dog  :- " you dont hear other owners of just as good dogs blab on all the time .
heres a few of the for mentioned greats

slippy blue

razzmatazz

sailor

flying Scotsman

rapid fire

could go on but thats sods law as i said cracked it has done well at stud and dont want to offend any owners who have dogs bred from him.

for a dog that in your opinion wasn't an exceptionally good racer,

here's just a few of the dogs he raced and beat

slippy blue

rapid fire

hillside lad

another guild

kirby

shooting star

streisand

all exceptionally good racers :thumbsup:

i could go on but really don't need to Rch Cracked it will always be an exceptionally great dog to me and that all that matter's

Well thanak god that this was only a debate hate to think what an argument would have turned out like LOL

i haven't been on k9 for sometime because of all this bad feeling, :(

BAILEY YER A STAR LADD THAT PIC IS QUALITY :cheers: :cheers:

SHARON THAT AINT ME REALLEY LOL

:thumbsup:

matrix not a pop but just stating the oviouse :thumbsup:

AndrewPocket said:
BAILEY YER A STAR LADD THAT PIC IS QUALITY  :cheers:   :cheers:

SHARON THAT AINT ME REALLEY LOL

:thumbsup:

matrix not a pop but just stating the oviouse  :thumbsup:

it is him sharon he was only 12 at the time lol glad u liked it andy :p

Back to breeding - I found the info in the April Whippet News that I was asking you about Gaz - re. Tanya's dog.

Should learn to read eh :blink:

that trainig doin any good andy (w00t) :p :thumbsup:

andy.JPG

what bitch do you think will win top brood bitch in 2006 ????

you tell us im sure you know u seem to know everything else :eek:

I think that breeding is pot luck!! Obviously you can try and match dogs that you will think will suit and what has clicked with similar breeding but look at Hillside lad x Swift holly both the best dogs by miles of there time bred them together and what they produced was not great.

I personally think that a brood bitch does make up slightly more of pups look at Little foxglove for example- Produced supremes out of 2 different litters 5 years apart to 2 different dogs, Dessie produced numerous champions

Think that one thing is for sure a wider variety of breeding needs to be used, Karen and Steve are always ones for trying something new and works brill for them, and Vicky and Karen, Sadie and Kim for using Gillette shame its a bit late, and the same with Kirby. Even if the line doesnt click this time round when using something new whats to say champions of the future wont come of it.

My Fav stud dog of the moment has to be streisand, producing nearly a champ in every litter, to a variety of bitches and the pups are smashing looking especially colin and Alison's out of sunrise!!

Last edited by a moderator:
jade scott said:
I think that breeding is pot luck!! Obviously you can try and match dogs that you will think will suit and what has clicked with similar breeding but look at Hillside lad x Swift holly both the best dogs by miles of there time bred them together and what they produced was not great.
I personally think that a brood bitch does make up slightly more of pups look at Little foxglove for example- Produced supremes out of 2 different litters 5 years apart to 2 different dogs, Dessie produced numerous champions

Think that one thing is for sure a wider variety of breeding needs to be used, Karen and Steve are always ones for trying something new and works brill for them, and Vicky and Karen, Sadie and Kim for using Gillette shame its a bit late, and the same with Kirby. Even if the line doesnt click this time round when using something new whats to say champions of the future wont come of it.

My Fav stud dog of the moment has to be streisand, producing nearly a champ in every litter, to a variety of bitches and the pups are smashing looking especially colin and Alison's out of sunrise!!

Quote-Karen/Steve are always ones for trying something new :eek:

Hey-Steady on Jade..... :clown: You'll have Stevie blushing....

Karen-Coral said:
Quote-Karen/Steve are always ones for trying something new :eek: Hey-Steady on Jade..... :clown: You'll have Stevie blushing....

Don't knock it til you've tried it - that's right in't it Karen? :- "

jade scott said:

Jade, Alison and Colin's pup is out of Sunlight and you are right she is smashing looking "a real bonny pup" quote]

i think that the owner of the brood bitch just puts a little more into her or his choice of a stud dog.... thats why it aint fair to put all the well dones onto the stud dog without the bitch they would be .....as we all know dont we ladies????

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back