The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

A New Topic For Matrix

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Dam it googled lol we do need some new blood.

Like this topic it's getting interesting :D Surely a good stud dog would be one that lines different bitches and produces open class offspring from these litters.Now,does Cracked It produce better bitches or dogs from his litters.I read a previous topic where it said that Dream Vision threw good dogs and Marillion good bitches.Does Cracked It throw both good or does he favour one? :D Karen

dream vision and marilion threw both good dogs and bitches :thumbsup:

Can't remember which topic I read it on.Maybe someone else can,but I assume whoever wrote it must have got their facts wrong :D Karen

rodders said:
Surely a good stud dog would be one that lines different bitches and produces open class offspring from these litters.
Likewise you could say a good brood will throw to anything.

IMO people need to start using different stud dogs now and not in ten years time.

If stud dogs are successful you can have too much of a good thing and the breed gets riddled with the same stud dog, ie Marillion / Dream Vision.

It's proven that little used stud dogs can throw well also, look at Amega Blue (produced North to South) Shylo Dawn (produced Demolition Blue, Desperate Dan & Kipper - who in turn has produced a great little bitch, Waterford) could go on forever. What i'm trying to say is i have more respect for people taking a chance to try something different rather than going to the same thing that produced whatever it was plastered all over the last edition of whippets news.

Well said Vicky :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good point Vicky,but I think most people are shallow enough to want a winner,and as such go to what they believe is going to give them that winner.Why else have top stud dog and brood bitch competition :) Karen

well it nice to read all the comments on this Q very sad, not required topic :)

to answer Rodders Cracked it, producers equally good Dogs and bitch's both taking Sup And Rch Nch's, :thumbsup:

I do agree that new blood lines are needed, but the only way in which to truely do this is not only to bring greyhound blood in but also use a stud dog ( whippet ) thats from europe or oversea's thats got no english blood in it, i can't see the point in bringing new greyhound blood in (to get a new blood line ) and then put a well known stud dog to it, just my opinion,

i also note that alot of people are now breeding the Cracked it / spellbound line together and who can blame them :thumbsup: can't wait to get my dog from this line, :thumbsup: i also agree with Rodders why not use the best we all want winners

at stud, Rch Cracked it, top stud dog 2004 /2005

at stud, Sup Nch / Rch Spellbound

at Stud, Rch / Nch Outbound

at Stud, Sup Nch Bend Ch/ Sup Nch Straight Ch / Rch Bend Ch / and 5 time consecutive Rch Straight Ch, Hellbound

:) :cheers:

give it a rest man all you hear is cracked it this cracked it that :( it wasn't exactly a flying machine :- " OK you have proven your stud dogs worth but dont you think people get fed up getting it rammed down their throats constantly :rant: y thats my opinion and to be classed in the same league as marilion and dream vision is a bit far fetched

LIKE U SAID MUTLEY NOT MANY STUD DOGS WRONG NOW NOT LIKE YEARS AGO,I THINK EVERY 10 YEARS THERE SHOULD BE GREYHOUND PUT IN TO THE BREEDING,AND U RIGHT AGAIN MUTLEY GET SICK OF HEARING THE SAME STUD DOGS,BUT IF PEOPLE DARE NOT TAKE A CHANCE THAT UP TO THEM. :- "

OOOOh how nice a topic dedicated just to me how nice my dear

Always look on the sunny side of life ;)

Not usually one to get involved in ppls arguments but all you hear now is the same ppl banging on bout using different stud dogs then when someone does the same ppl are saying oh why has she used that what has that ever produced.

I think most bitch owner put a lot of thought into who they use as a stud dog and dont just go to one cos everyone else is.

The Genetic side of breeding should be considered both in dog and bitch recurring health problems you should use a stud dog that excels in what your bitch is missing IE bad trapping , lack of finish

stormy weathers said:
Not usually one to get involved in ppls arguments but all you hear now is the same ppl banging on bout using different stud dogs then when someone does the same ppl are saying oh why has she used that what has that ever produced.I think most bitch owner put a lot of thought into who they use as a stud dog and dont just go to one cos everyone else is.

Am I one of these "same ppl" ?? :( (I remember a similar thing being said about the stud dog I used anyway)

P.S I thought we were having a debate/discussion to start with anyway not an argument :eek:

Matrix said:
The Genetic side of breeding should be considered both in dog and bitch  recurring health problems you should use a stud dog that excels in what your bitch is missing IE  bad trapping , lack of finish

shorly all stud dogs that are on offer today are fast trappers ,fast finishin, quick away ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,or else they wouldent be any good :D :D (and what would be the point of usin a stud dog that aint got all these assential qualitys :thumbsup:

sorry charlie dimick :D found an old pic of u andy (w00t) :D

ooo.JPG

i thought this topic was for me , not a post from mingers dot com :blink:

stormy weathers said:
Not usually one to get involved in ppls arguments but all you hear now is the same ppl banging on bout using different stud dogs then when someone does the same ppl are saying oh why has she used that what has that ever produced.I think most bitch owner put a lot of thought into who they use as a stud dog and dont just go to one cos everyone else is.

dont think this topic is argument just a debate everyone is entitled to there choices including stud dogs even if they are overly advertised

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back