The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

A & T Miners Wrc

Vicky

Maid Your Point
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
7th April

First night back, after an early start attempting to mark up the club track, we decided we were flogging a dead horse it was that boggy, and some idiot had been riding a motorbike across it, so we went over to the open track as there was no football on, you'd have thought it'd been rolled over the winter it was so flat, just a couple of little holes (golfers :rant: ) that we filled it, then we started again with the re-marking.

Times seemed a little slow for the older dogs who've run on here before, but probably due to the fact that we usually only run on this track middle of summer.

It was lovely to see all the club's youngsters going through their training and getting ready for the straight season.

Maid u Run 8.81, first time out of whippet traps and got a bit of a wobble at the end, but was dead pleased with himself at the end.

Flawless 8.61 (Wor John x Florence), looked very good and will come on loads over the next few weeks.

Push the Button 8.80, another good run, think Linda was glad to put her away at the end of the night :lol:

Pearly Venture 8.84 (Just Friends x Ventura), she looked really well in her run up.

Boybelle 8.98, good run for Twizzle, just needs the running now.

Twisted Sister 8.84

Leo Venture 9.02, changed his stride towards the end but otherwise looked good.

Barney B Jones 9.00 (Gems Lad x J20), after barking his self senseless beforehand i think he was glad to finally be let loose on the lure.

Jenny Taylor 9.09, think she's glad to be back on the straights with the chance to go in for the lure at the end.

Miles Away, 8.76 looked like he was shifting, also his first time from the traps.

Midnight Maid 9.40, loved having a good rag of the lure at the end.

Paulines Legacy 8.72 (Just Friends x Mebs Roise), this big lad looked very impressive in his solo's despite not trapping very well, i think he needs a few more runs from the traps then try again with the run in company with a slower dog.

Mimsy Mu 9.23 (Wor John x Weardale Lass), nice action on her and a cracking time for her first full distance.

Mo Chara 9.00

Maid Your Point 8.73

Red Moon Rising 8.98, looked good going away from me.

Maid u Luck 8.72, 1 spot faster than his brother :-

Mo Carlin 9.06, seemed keen for once :wacko:

Beside the Point 9.32

Whiskey Fudge 8.95

Just realised i don't have a time for I'll be Back sorry George.

Whisper watched a few races and was mad for the lure, he really enjoyed his couple of handslip, won't be long before he's going from the traps.

Kizzy (Bound Too x Ghd) was there to watch, taking everything in, as was Pixel, Benson, Gudd (Hellbound x Moonpie) & Bea (Maid Your Point x Sugar Rush) and all had a little play with the lure at the end.

Next week, annual trophy meeting 25yd Dash - classes up to 21lb, up to 28lb, up to 35lb & Scratch - open to everyone.

Following that we'll do full distance trials/schooling for anyone wanting them.

VICKY WHAT WEIGHT MIMSY MOO PLEASE :thumbsup:

looks like a good turn out. nice to see wots running in other parts of the country. :thumbsup:

me and whisper had a great time, looking forward to this week! :thumbsup:

me and whisper had a great time, looking forward to this week! :thumbsup:
You'll have to give Jacqui a nudge to bring one of hers so Whisper can have a run in company in a couple of weeks :thumbsup:

Is A & T Miners on tonight, if so what time and what is the post code. :thumbsup:

Still on Glynis, postcode is M29 7DW :thumbsup:

14th April

Really struggled for time tonight, i'm not surprised now i've just looked back at how many dogs ran (w00t) some getting 2 runs, sorry to those who didn't get a couple of goes, we're going to start trialling on Saturdays from now on 1pm starting this weekend so that we can spend plenty time on puppy schooling .

Once again we were on the open track and times were still down by a good few yard.

A good turnout for the 25yd Dash

up to 21lb

R Midnight Maid - 2nd

B Mo Chara - 1st

W Beside the Point - 3rd

up to 28lb - ht 1

R Mo Carlin - 2nd

B Jenny Taylor - 1st

W Pearly Venture - 3rd

ht 2

R Whinnie Skippet - 2nd

B Whiskey Fudge - 1st

up to 35lb - ht 1

R Maid Your Point - 1st

B Red Moon Rising - 2nd

ht 2

R Anagram - 1st

B Maid u Luck - 2nd

W I'll be Back - 3rd

Scratch

R Maid u Run

B Mule Skinner

W Mebs Rosie

Bk King Bear - 1st

28lb final

R Jenny Taylor - 1st

B Whiskey Fudge - 2nd

35lb final

R Maid your Point W/D

B Anagram - 1st

Full Distance (haven't got all the times as i wasn't on the line for most of the night)

Whisper - 1st run up full distance and out of the traps, no bother whatsoever, well done Whisper & Holly :thumbsup:

Push the Button Sc

Twisted Sister 1

Barney B Jones 3

One of Lynda's won this one, unsure which one as i was at the traps.

Maid u Run Sc - 2nd

King Bear Sc - 3rd

Mule Skinner Sc - 1st 8.76

Mebs Rosie Sc - 2nd

Miles Away Sc - 1st 8.98

First run in company and bumped Rosie out of the boxes but ran on clean, thanks for letting us use her Keith :thumbsup:

I'll be Back Sc - 2nd

Mo Carlin 1 1/2 - 1st 8.91 (btsc)

Whinnie Skippet 1 1/2 - 3rd

George you owe Peter a slap, poor Arnold ran off RMR's hcp mark :b

Maid U Luck Sc - 2nd

Mr Dillon Sc - 1st 8.51

Brilliant run with these two neck and neck all the way to the line.

Mo Chara Sc - 1st 9.00

Beside the Point Sc - 3rd

Midnight Maid 1 - 2nd

Mimzee Mu 9.48

The Black Pearl had a trial from the traps and enjoyed every minute, his first time on the straights & looked really good.

Bruce's Leo had a trial full distance and looked much better this week.

Joe (More or Less x One for Me), Tegan (ped), Meg (Jack the Lad x Miss Daisy) all had little handslips and went really well. Benson, Bea, Judd & Pixel all had a little play with the lure.

Thanks to everyone who travelled tonight & to those who mucked in on traps, line & lure, sorry to the newcomers for not being able to spend much time with you tonight, hope some of the others have filled you in and you were made to feel welcome and hopefully you'll come along again.

Well done to the trophy winners Mo Chara, Jenny Taylor, Anagram & King Bear (hope he's ok in the morning).

Jenny Taylor

JennyT.jpg

Anagram

Anagram.jpg

King Bear

kb.jpg

Don't forget trials this Saturday 1pm - all welcome :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
14th April
Really struggled for time tonight, i'm not surprised now i've just looked back at how many dogs ran (w00t) some getting 2 runs, sorry to those who didn't get a couple of goes, we're going to start trialling on Saturdays from now on 1pm starting this weekend so that we can spend plenty time on puppy schooling .

Once again we were on the open track and times were still down by a good few yard.

up to 21lb

R Midnight Maid - 2nd

B Mo Chara - 1st

W Beside the Point - 3rd

up to 28lb - ht 1

R Mo Carlin - 2nd

B Jenny Taylor - 1st

W Pearly Venture - 3rd

ht 2

R Whinnie Skippet - 2nd

B Whiskey Fudge - 1st

up to 35lb - ht 1

R Maid Your Point - 1st

B Red Moon Rising - 2nd

ht 2

R Anagram - 1st

B Maid u Luck - 2nd

W I'll be Back - 3rd

Scratch

R Maid u Run

B Mule Skinner

W Mebs Rosie

Bk King Bear - 1st

28lb final

R Jenny Taylor - 1st

B Whiskey Fudge - 2nd

35lb final

R Maid your Point W/D

B Anagram - 1st

Full Distance (haven't got all the times as i wasn't on the line for most of the night)

Whisper - 1st run up full distance and out of the traps, no bother whatsoever, well done Whisper & Holly :thumbsup:

Push the Button Sc

Twisted Sister 1

Barney B Jones 3

Maid u Run Sc - 2nd

King Bear Sc - 3rd

Mebs Rosie Sc - 2nd

Miles Away Sc - 1st 8.98

First run in company and bumped Rosie out of the boxes but ran on clean, thanks for letting us use her Keith :thumbsup:

I'll be Back Sc - 2nd

Maid U Luck Sc - 2nd

Mr Dillon Sc - 1st 8.51

Mo Chara Sc - 1st 9.00

Midnight Maid 1 - 2nd

Mimzee Mu 9.48

The Black Pearl had a trial from the traps and enjoyed every minute, his first time on the straights & looked really good.

Joe (More or Less x One for Me), Tegan (ped), Meg (Jack the Lad x Miss Daisy) all had little handslips and went really well. Benson, Bea, Judd & Pixel all had a little play with the lure.

Thanks to everyone who travelled tonight & to those who mucked in on traps, line & lure, sorry to the newcomers for not being able to spend much time with you tonight, hope some of the others have filled you in and you were made to feel welcome and hopefully you'll come along again.

Well done to the trophy winners Mo Chara, Jenny Taylor, Anagram & King Bear (hope he's ok in the morning).

Jenny Taylor

JennyT.jpg

Anagram

Anagram.jpg

King Bear

kb.jpg

i was so pleased with whisper last night, it brill watching all the dogs run. great night and i look forward to next time!! :thumbsup:

looks like a great night thanks 4 posting results i like to c wots running about the country. :thumbsup:

Holly enjoyed herself so much she posted 3 times!! (w00t) Whisper ran out the traps brilliantly, he's such a keen dog I don't think he'll put a foot wrong when he starts racing! :thumbsup:

Great write up Vicky! Thanks for putting on the lovely prizes and trophies and the pie was gorgeous! :thumbsup:

All the pups were keening for the lure and gaining more confidence.

Black Pearl looked impressive!!

K.B. seems well in himself this morning but as I'm at the vets I'm taking him along as he's got a low intermittent limp on back left leg and a swelling over the bridge of his nose - he looks like a borzoi!! (w00t) I don't think either are major worries though. :thumbsup:

Oi Vicky! Your girl too good for a photo?!! :p

Looking forward to Saturday- will bring the camera :thumbsup:

14th April

up to 21lb

R Midnight Maid - 2nd

B Mo Chara - 1st

W Beside the Point - 3rd

up to 28lb - ht 1

R Mo Carlin - 2nd

B Jenny Taylor - 1st

W Pearly Venture - 3rd

ht 2

R Whinnie Skippet - 2nd

B Whiskey Fudge - 1st

up to 35lb - ht 1

R Maid Your Point - 1st

B Red Moon Rising - 2nd

ht 2

R Anagram - 1st

B Maid u Luck - 2nd

W I'll be Back - 3rd

Scratch

R Maid u Run

B Mule Skinner

W Mebs Rosie

Bk King Bear - 1st

28lb final

R Jenny Taylor - 1st

B Whiskey Fudge - 2nd

35lb final

R Maid your Point W/D

B Anagram - 1st

Push the Button Sc

Twisted Sister 1 1st

Barney B Jones 3

(it was Izzy by a nose from duffy)

Maid u Run Sc - 2nd

King Bear Sc - 3rd

Mebs Rosie Sc - 2nd

Miles Away Sc - 1st 8.98

I'll be Back Sc - 2nd

Maid U Luck Sc - 2nd

Mr Dillon Sc - 1st 8.51

Mo Chara Sc - 1st 9.00

Midnight Maid 1 - 2nd

Mimzee Mu 9.48

Jenny Taylor

JennyT.jpg

Anagram

Anagram.jpg

King Bear

kb.jpg

great night love to see all the pups taking it all in, thanks to all the workers see you Sat

Last edited by a moderator:
Holly enjoyed herself so much she posted 3 times!! (w00t) Whisper ran out the traps brilliantly, he's such a keen dog I don't think he'll put a foot wrong when he starts racing! :thumbsup: Great write up Vicky! Thanks for putting on the lovely prizes and trophies and the pie was gorgeous! :thumbsup:

All the pups were keening for the lure and gaining more confidence.

Black Pearl looked impressive!!

K.B. seems well in himself this morning but as I'm at the vets I'm taking him along as he's got a low intermittent limp on back left leg and a swelling over the bridge of his nose - he looks like a borzoi!! (w00t) I don't think either are major worries though. :thumbsup:

Oi Vicky! Your girl too good for a photo?!! :p

Looking forward to Saturday- will bring the camera :thumbsup:
(w00t) HAHAHA!! stupid laptop i didnt notice it did that, cant wait to see him racing properly. look forward to seeing you all soon :thumbsup:

i hate cars................bloody hydrolic pipe on the citreon has a hole in it no suspention no power steering no driving anywhere was hoping to go this weekend with the pups will have to be next week hopefully wens. can't you tell straight season haS started and my car is playing up

Tony

Starting 6pm :thumbsup: Hopefully we'll manage to get them all run before it goes dark tonight (w00t)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back