The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

A Walk On The Moors.....

Nicola

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
A few pictures from our moorland walk on Sunday......hope you like them :)

Nearing the top...... :sweating:

autumn006.jpg

Pausing a while near the top....

autumn013copy.jpg

The summit...(well not quite, but it was oner of the higher points of Black Hill) :

autumn016copy.jpg

At last...our destination point is in view...Chew Reservoir.....

autumn019copy.jpg

Stopping for a brew (and yes there was a road up...for Waterboard vehicles only though :- " )

autumn021copy.jpg

..the view on the way down...autumn hazes....

autumn023copy.jpg

One very muddy Stanley..... :- "

autumn028copy.jpg

.....and saving the best to last....Fred posing in the autumn dusky sunlight :wub:

autumn030copy.jpg

..Fred getting bored with posing.... :p

autumn031copy.jpg

A lovely day spent walking with some beautiful autumn golds warming up the hills....and back home to open an open fire and some well earned tea!

Gorgeous photos Nicola. The last one of Fred is fab! :lol:

I really must take the dogs somewhere like that, they would love it

Love Fred posing... :wub: what a lovely photo

and arnt those moorland grasses really autumny too.. :thumbsup:

lovely pics nicola,love the first onbe of fred posing,he did well getting up there and back :huggles:

Love those two photos of Fred, Nicola. :wub: :thumbsup:

Are you here by any chance? :)

SheepApril20068.jpg

SheepApril20069.jpg

WOW .....Look at all of that open space :D ......Lucky you ........Great photos as well BTW :thumbsup:

gilliwigs said:
Love those two photos of Fred, Nicola.  :wub:   :thumbsup:
Are you here by any chance?  :)

SheepApril20068.jpg

SheepApril20069.jpg

Ah-ha...I've been sussed :p Yep...that bridge and clough give it away don't they? I like your photo of the funny bridge with the sheep nearby.

Strike Whippets said:
WOW .....Look at all of that open space  :D   ......Lucky you ........Great photos as well BTW  :thumbsup:

The moors are lovely around here (these particular ones are very close to Gillian (Gilliwigs)). They are not all as inviting as they look though, as dogs have to be kept on short leads due to the sheep, birds (grouse etc) and hares :- " , and I can't count the times I sank upto my knees in peat bogs, or slid down peat hags :p Fred is that light he barely left a footprint in the peat and jumped nimbly about avoiding the worst of it. He's a seasoned bog hopper :wub: I was a bit worried about any damage we may have been causing too, as they seem to be doing a lot of work to replant heather on the tops, to stop the peat eroding. :unsure:

My OH loves walking the moors, and thinks a nighttime exercise/rescue (he's in mountain rescue) on these moorland tops is just the best thing since sliced bread :wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:
Fabulous photos of your walk Nicola. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I love the last two of Fred :wub: , and muddy Stanley too :wub: . :- "

The scenery in your photos always seems to be so interesting that I never tire of seeing them. :thumbsup:

I really enjoyed your pictures. The scenery is lovely, as are your dogs.

Looks like a wonderful walk for poeple and dogs alike.

Thanks for sharing! :))

i really loved those pictures, the third one has such incredible detail and colour but i would have to frame the last one and wake up to that ..it would bring a smile on the on the darkest of mornings.. :thumbsup:

Loci71 said:
i really loved those pictures, the third one has such incredible detail and colour but i would have to frame the last one and wake up to that ..it would bring  a smile on the on the darkest of mornings.. :thumbsup:
Thank you :b The 3rd one was one of my fave's too, but still isn't as sharp as it should be. One day I'll bother to take my tripod with me :- "

Thanks for all your nice comments :)

What a fabulous place to walk :thumbsup: - and super photos too, thanks for sharing them with us Nicola :cheers:

Looks like a lovely walk Nicola :thumbsup:

I love the muddy Stanley and golden Fred photos :huggles:

Liz and the Monellis

Fantastic pics!! I love the one of Fred posing and then getting bored. The colours are fab. Its great to get back to a warm house though after isnt it!!

Fab pics! :thumbsup: And back home to an open fire and tea! Well, I know you had to make both but it sounds heavenly! :huggles: :huggles:

:) They really are stunning photos. You're so lucky to have all that splendour near you and part of your life.

There's so much stunning country here to explore. Just amazing :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back