The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Ahhhggghh Toothache!!

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
WOW, this is really wierd reading about toothache on here. For the last 24 hrs I've been in agony with my mouth. I've got some sort of gumboil thingy on my lower gumline & it hurts like hell :( It's like a blood blister but on the gum.

I've had a few of these over the last year but my dentist doesn't seem to know what they are but they appear suddenly & usually go within a couple of days.

This time though I'm really in pain with it. Oil of cloves has done nothing & at the moment I'm half way down a big bottle of wine with not much relief :(

OUCH!!!!!

J.T. said:
WOW, this is really wierd reading about toothache on here. For the last 24 hrs I've been in agony with my mouth. I've got some sort of gumboil thingy on my lower gumline & it hurts like hell :(   It's like a blood blister but on the gum.I've had a few of these over the last year but my dentist doesn't seem to know what they are but they appear suddenly & usually go within a couple of days.

This time though I'm really in pain with it. Oil of cloves has done nothing & at the moment I'm half way down a big bottle of wine with not much relief :(

OUCH!!!!!

I can sympathise, there's not a lot worse than the pain of toothache or a migraine. Maybe the olive of cloves is irritating it. Maybe they are mouth ulcers ADCORTYL in OROBASE really helps them. I had a few gum blister/boils last year with being so run down with looking after my mum and they were agony it turned out the dentist said they were ulcers and that stuff really helped, you get it from the chemist. You could give it a try to get you over the week- end.

I have been rinsing out with salt water since my extraction yesterday as my jaw is a bit sore, hopefully over the next few days it will calm down. It feels weird that there is a big gap now, hope it closes in a bit!

Earlier in this thread i posted about Oil Pulling for toothache. As it has had no response i assume it may be a bit alternative for most of you to be interested in. I did find a great post on the oil pulling forum about root canals which i thought may be of interest.

Here it is:

http://curezone.com/forums/am.asp?i=1139626&s=1#i1

Thanks Kirsty, hope you are feeling better today :))

My mouth isn't as sore as yesterday so hopefully it's getting better now. I'll get some of the mouth ulcer stuff on Monday if it's still hurting. Ta.

Probably is worse pain but it probably involves driving nails through your eyeballs :blink:

lewington said:
Probably is worse pain but it probably involves driving nails through your eyeballs  :blink:

Mmmm I think that's about right!!

I am still in agony :( I think there must be either a bit tooth still in the socket or an infection is still there. It looks like I will need to go back again just need to pluck up some more courage as I am in agony and the thought of him touching it makes me want to scream! To make matters worse I have started to get pain inbetween two teeth on the opposite side as well :(

I got a root pulled out last Wednesday,,no tooth, just the root and my gum is still swollen and very painful. I count the seconds till I can take the painkillers.

Tooth ache is the worst pain you can get,,even worse than having kids (w00t)

The bill was fine £50 for pulling out the root and 2 fillings :D

I know what you mean about counting the seconds till you can take the painkillers, even though they are not working now :( I have been taking Nurofen Liquitabs they are meant to be faster at getting into the system, what a joke :angry: I went to the chemist to see what was stronger and she said something with codeine but I can't take codeine, it makes me violently sick :(

:clown:

kirsty said:
I know what you mean about counting the seconds till you can take the painkillers, even though they are not working now :(   I have been taking Nurofen Liquitabs they are meant to be faster at getting into the system, what a joke :angry:   I went to the chemist to see what was stronger and she said something with codeine but I can't take codeine, it makes me violently sick :(

Codeine makes me sick too.

I had an operation in Feb on my elbow,,I was given Dicloflex from the doc's,,,they dont work till they have gone through the tummy,,no feeling sick,,pain great,,,they seem to work with tooth ache/ gum ache too :D

Im glad I have these tablets, as I think I would have drunk myself to death, as right now,,,waiting for the painkillers to kick in,,then off to bed :D

Bloody toothache / Gum ache :rant:

Have anyone of you had a dry socket? If so how long did it take to heal?

I had to go back to the dentist on Tuesday after my extraction last Friday as I was in so much pain, he said I have a dry socket, this is where the blood doesn't clot for the healing process to begin and you are left with a hole exposing bone. He cleaned it out and gave me antibiotics and put a dressing in it, however the dressing fell out a couple of hours later. I went back to the dentist yesterday as I am in agony climbing the walls. He said the bone is infected as the hole isn't healing, so he put another dressing in and gave me additional antibiotics which makes it now seven I am taking a day and they are making me feel ill, as they are playing havoc with my stomach :( He said to go back again next week to get a new dressing in if this one falls out (w00t) This is a nightmare and thought it would have well and truly healed up a week later. Instead I am in even more pain than I was to begin with :(

He said it is common in smokers to get this dry socket but I am not a smoker and never have been :- "

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back