The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Ahhhggghh Toothache!!

nina

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Anyone got any fast cures for toothache :(

Had it since Saturday night & i have gone through a packet of Paracetemol, a packet of Nurofen, a packet of ibuprofen, i'm on my second bottle of foul putrid mouth burning clove oil :x

I am now started on a packet of 32 Paramol AND just found a bottle of whiskey which is beginning to numb the pain nicely.

I have never honest to god had toothache so bad, i am petrified of dentists & not been for 20??? years :- "

The pain was so intense i was actually sick, i cant eat or drink cos it starts again.

Are there any stronger painkillers, i am so worn out with the pain :(

nina i hate the dentist i have been today there is nothing worse than toothache :( i was going to suggest the whiskey it helps no end but you really should bite the bullet and go if i can anyone can good luck hope you sort it soonxx :huggles:

affieluver said:
nina i hate the dentist i have been today there is nothing worse than toothache  :( i was going to suggest the whiskey it helps no end but you really should bite the bullet and go if i can anyone can good luck hope you sort it soonxx :huggles:

Thanx, i will keep on with the whiskey :thumbsup:

I hate myself for being such a coward but dentists are my worst nightmare, i wish someone could just knock me out & take me there (w00t)

Hiya, Poor you, im s..t scared of the dentist too mostly of paying the bill!!!!!

Seriously though fill a hot water bottle, wrap in a towel and hold to your face it so helps :x :x Jan

jayp said:
Hiya, Poor you, im s..t scared of the dentist too mostly of paying the bill!!!!!Seriously though fill a hot water bottle, wrap in a towel and hold to your face it so helps :x   :x     Jan

Thank you so much, i will try anything :huggles:

Toothache is wicked.........Nurofen and a hot water bottle have

always eased mine up a little until i got to the dentist.

Im that scared of the dentist i got mine on the floor once and

daren't let him up in case he started drilling again :b

I hope you get it sorted soon.......

nina said:
Anyone got any fast cures for toothache  :(
Had it since Saturday night & i have gone through a packet of Paracetemol, a packet of Nurofen, a packet of ibuprofen, i'm on my second bottle of foul putrid mouth burning clove oil  :x

I am now started on a packet of 32 Paramol AND just found a bottle of whiskey which is beginning to numb the pain nicely.

I have never honest to god had toothache so bad, i am petrified of dentists & not been for 20??? years  :- "

The pain was so intense i was actually sick, i cant eat or drink cos it starts again.

Are there any stronger painkillers, i am so worn out with the pain  :(

oil of cloves

:cheers:

midlanderkeith said:
nina said:
Had it since Saturday night & i have gone through a packet of Paracetemol, a packet of Nurofen, a packet of ibuprofen, i'm on my second bottle of foul putrid mouth burning clove oil  :x

I have never honest to god had toothache so bad, i am petrified of dentists & not been for 20??? years  :- "

oil of cloves

you dunna drink it, put some on cotton wool and larrap the offending tooth with it,

midlanderkeith said:
midlanderkeith said:
nina said:

oil of cloves

you dunna drink it, put some on cotton wool and larrap the offending tooth with it,

silly owd me, ive just re read and see you have used it :(

midlanderkeith said:
midlanderkeith said:
midlanderkeith said:
nina said:

oil of cloves

silly owd me, ive just re read and see you have used it :(

Keith i used it & then chewed up the bottle & spat it out as an after thought (w00t)

AnnSa said:
Toothache is wicked.........Nurofen and a hot water bottle havealways eased mine up a little until i got to the dentist.

Im that scared of the dentist i got mine on the floor once and

daren't let him up in case he started drilling again  :b

I hope you get it sorted soon.......

Thanks Ann, its awful to be such a coward, its the only one thing that really freaks me out.

The whiskey & Paramol have definitely done the trick at the moment it is such a releif i cant tell you. :)

I swear labour pain cant be as bad (w00t) then again.............

:huggles: Sorry hun, I too am phobic about dentists but if oil of cloves and whisky haven'thelped then it sounds like you prob have an abcess which will need dental treatment and antibiotics. Have you got a friend who will go with you to keep you calm?

Lal said:
:huggles: Sorry hun, I too am phobic about dentists but if oil of cloves and whisky haven'thelped then it sounds like you prob have an abcess which will need dental treatment and antibiotics.  Have you got a friend who will go with you to keep you calm?

The only friend that would keep me calm would be a giant dose of VALIUM (w00t)

If i can just get over this i hope the damn nerve will die off & then maybe the pain will stop :(

[SIZE=14pt]AMBISOL ADULT STRENGTH GEL[/SIZE]

i works wonders its like teething gel for adults but stronger it feels like you gums go all numb. be prepared to re apply constantly as it wares of pretty quick but will do the job nicley untill all those pain killers kick in or you pass out from the booze :- "

nina said:
Lal said:
:huggles: Sorry hun, I too am phobic about dentists but if oil of cloves and whisky haven'thelped then it sounds like you prob have an abcess which will need dental treatment and antibiotics.  Have you got a friend who will go with you to keep you calm?

The only friend that would keep me calm would be a giant dose of VALIUM (w00t)

If i can just get over this i hope the damn nerve will die off & then maybe the pain will stop :(

Doubt if even VALIUM will help for toothache, can send you some but your best hope is a sympathetic dentist, marvellous sedation available to those with dental phobias, just be sure to stress how scared you are! :huggles: :huggles:

OMG, poor you! I hate the dentist too, and cry just talking about it!!! I cry the whole time I'm there, and I cry when I get home after! :(

Hope it goes away soon - either that, or you bit the bullet and see the horrible dentist :luck:

In case it is the beginning of an absess take some salt water and hold it next to sore tooth make the water as hot as you can take it plenty salt just be near a sink sometimes makes you throw up first time :- " apply every hour should help

:blink: I used to be the same, really scared and didnt go for years, then got a really bad toothache. Ended up going every day for about 3 weeks! Force myself to go now - I dont like it but things have come on so much now its not half as bad as it used to be. The smell when you go in still makes me queasy though. :luck: Good Luck.

Oh poor you...just to say good luck !! Hope it is all sorted soon.

k4tie-d said:
[SIZE=14pt]AMBISOL ADULT STRENGTH GEL[/SIZE]
i works wonders its like teething gel for adults but stronger it feels like you gums go all numb.  be prepared to re apply constantly as it wares of pretty quick but will do the job nicley untill all those pain killers kick in or you pass out from the booze  :- "

Never heard of this will get some tomorrow :thumbsup: Thank you!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back