The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Archie.....is Poorly

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
my mum's dog had it, it was mild enough to be managed by diet though, luckily :)

she used to have the magic Chappie too! and loads of cheap veg

Hope poor Archie is feeling much better very soon :luck: and you too :huggles:

Poor Archie, lots of love & kisses from the Dewerstone Boys xxx

:wub:

So sorry to hear about Archie's illness. Hope you are able to find the most appropriate diet for him and he feels better soon. :luck: :huggles: :luck:

Poor Arhie :( ........... sorry to hear this Jo :huggles: :huggles:

Thanks everyone - I think the unusual thing about Archie is that this is chronic rather than acute - being that he had his first symptom of this at 9 weeks, he is now nearly 5 years and so has had about 50ish episodes. Each one has destroyed his pancreatic cells which is why he has such high levels in his blood :(

I am just very relieved it has now been diagnosed, I am sure with a sensible diet and the medication he will improve.

Apparently dogs with this either are agressive or very quiet, Archie has been the latter he has never been agressive in his life and so must just have been quiet and lethargic because of the pain :(

I am so proud of him as he has such a wonderful disposition and I am sure he will only improve, just hope not too much damage has been done.

I don't think they'll ever be the chance to put him back onto a normal diet as this must have been something he was born with rather than just an epsiode - but glad we hopefully will manage it and he'll go from strength to strength :luck:

only just picked this up - so sorry to hear about your wonderful boy's suffering. I'm sure the treatment will make him feel better :huggles:

Poor Archie :huggles: At least he should start to feel better now you know the cause, Bless him ! :wub:

Sorry about your Archie Jo... :( hope he feels better once he starts his special diet too....at least his energy levels might pick up soon too. :thumbsup: :luck:

Sending some extra cuddles... :huggles:

What rotten luck for Archie :( My friend had a rough collie that had pancrase trouble , ill find out what he had to eat , mind you , it was well before any special prescripion`Hills` foods were even thought about :wacko:

big kisses from the Mulcair girls to Archie :*

:( Poor Arhie hope hes on the mend soon.

Sending him :huggles: :huggles:

Sid and Emme say .......Get well soon Archie :huggles: :huggles:

Oh, poor Archie :wub: :(

I hope he is feeling a lot better soon :luck:

Liz and the Monellis

Poor Archie , But what a releif to have a diagnosie at last .

Sending him lots of :huggles: :huggles:

Good luck getting Archie on the road to recovery and being pain free. :luck:

hi jo, so sorry to read about archie, lots of :huggles: :huggles: for him, hope he soon feels better.xx :)

Anyway just wondering whether anyone on here has experience of managing a dog with pancreatitis as any info will be most welcome.

We had a dog that got a severe stomach bug he went from 28lb racing condition to 22lbs inside 5 days. After he recovered he had pacreatis for the rest of his life he reached 14. We fed him lightly cooked chicken pet mince with cheap long grain rice somtimes tuna well rinsed to take the brine off. He could never stomach bones they made him extremely ill but he got the odd bonio. He always looked in good condition on this diet Will cost you a bit less than £20 a week.

Terry Smith

Hoping Archie will be feeling a lot better soon :luck: :huggles:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back