The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Are The Bwra Champs At Morton On The Marsh

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
SCILLONIAN said:
Sheila after reading your comments and this would apply to the BWRA too, there does seem to be "more to it than double bookings" - SOUNDS MORE LIKE SABORTAGE BEHIND CLOSED DOORS TO ME!!!!!!!  :rant:   :rant:
Taking bookings last year and then suddenly being told you can't have it - well IMO there is something very "fishy" afoot. :- "

I hope this is not retribution for some harsh comment that have been made against some peddie racers who have poted on this site. Do we know who they were NO?. Les.

Regarding Moterton, my wife and I spent £350 booking a local cottage for the week which would accomodate all of us plus the dogs, took bloody ages to find...and then it's cancelled :( Also took ages getting the same week off, and now i can't change my week off, so we're in Moreton with no racing, bored dogs :D Let's hope the local eateries and pubs are decent! Bloody councils!

BTW...IMHO THURROCK gets an extremley raw deal hosting events...it's a good club and deserves more support....

Paul

oh, and another thing...does anyone anymore outside of whippet racing know that there is such a sport, as whippet racing? This is modern Britain, only interested in profit and political correctness, whippet racing ain't even in the queue with most councils....be grateful for the few councils that still allow their fields to be used...well done Sheila..

Paul

Can we get Swallownest for the champs :) . It's central (well kind of) :- " I wont be at the champs again this year (kids at school as no bank holiday in Scotland), but John will be :thumbsup: , we need to remember about the bwra members who live in Devon and Arbroth who travel the most distance just to race their dogs.

John I cannot see why you are getting so upset about BWRA events being held at Thurrock, it's a good track with good facilities and apart from this I have posted on here several times and said at the AGM that to be fair to members if possible venues should be central and that the South East Club IS NOT INTERESTED IN HOSTING THE CHAMPIONSHIPS. Think about where the major events are this year English Derby Newton Atycliffe, Scottish Derby, Jack Cadman Wallsend, Lord Byrone Dawdon do you hear us complaining, no you do not, just leave Thurrock out of it, we work hard to run a good club and have brought new racers into the sport who need to be encouraged, a few years ago the South was going into decline and unless things are seen to be done fairly you will never get young members from this region to stay in the sport.

Sheila

Last edited by a moderator:
Know where you coming from Sheila, the champs must stop as central as possible ... to make it fair for all ,plus most people look forward to socializing on bank holiday weekends ....

Susan said:
Can we get Swallow nest for the champs :) . It's central (well kind of) :- "

I am sure if the bwra need swallows nest they will let us know through the right canals ...and i am sure the nnwrf wont see our or the bwra members go without if we can help :thumbsup: but last year the nnwrf committee penciled in the August bank holiday weekend just in case the bwra got stuck ...i am more than sure nothings been penciled in this year...so i am unsure if the weekend will be free as we had our annual meeting with swallows nest in January 2007

Sheila, im not upset at all , it is just the way the B.W.R.A commitee deciced on this without any consultation with the members or the regional reps.

Im not bothered where any B.W.R.A. event is as long as it is decided upon democraticly and not done behind closed doors. It is time the commitee worked together with the regional reps, & kept them in touch with what is happening.

The peddies run there 4 champs meetings at Moreton, there is no club that runs there everyweek but they do have cricket and football on the ground. :thumbsup:

Just in case anybody else think I was trying to put any blame/accusations towards the pedigree members I WAS NOT. IMO it just seems "very strange" that both Thurrock and the BWRA booked this Venue many months ago and were told/confirmed they could have the venue and then all of a sudden, without warning, were then told the venue had been "double booked" a coincidence for one event but two!!!! Come on think about this - too much of a conincidence and strange to say the least. As I said before this sounds like sabotage to me. :rant:

I know it is extremely difficult to find a venue that will take both the racing and the Caravans but without sounding too critical but lets face it the venues have been lost due to the irresponsibilty and misbehavior of certain members that have lost good venues and now all members are suffering the consequences. :(

For the sake of all the racers I hope this problem soon resolves itself and the racing gets back to normality before it is too late. :(

Joan (retired whippet racers)

RealMadYid said:
oh, and another thing...does anyone anymore outside of whippet racing know that there is such a sport, as whippet racing? This is modern Britain, only interested in profit and political correctness, whippet racing ain't even in the queue with most councils....be grateful for the few councils that still allow their fields to be used...well done Sheila..
Paul

Whippet Racing.....The very heart of Political Correctness :clown:

Talking to a lady at our Lancaster track on Wednesday evening-she organises many

Ped 'show' events

This lady was saying how difficult it is to find suitable venues as many councils just don't want to know anything 'dog related'

I guess 'many' are pretty blinkered when it comes to 'dogs' - dogs=poo etc etc

there is a perfectly good track at swallowsnest i can't understand why the bwra don't ask to use it.

if only untill they can sort a more permanent venue for the future.

if left to late it might not be available. : :- "

May be the date was double booked i know they have a couple of events on around the same time as the bwra champs, Seems to me some people just like to make a drama when they see the opportunity

But it no good dwelling on it now what done is done ...look to the future and hopefully a new venue will be found that is permanent

The same thing happened last year with Dudley

20th to 27th August 2007 - Festival of the Tree at Westonbirt

24th to 25thAugust 2007 - Frocester Beer Festival

27th August 2007 - Berkeley Agricultural Show

SATURDAY 1st SEPTEMBER 2007 - Moreton-in-Marsh Agricultural and Horse Show

im not bothered where it is i just hope they find somewhere and that it is prefrably central but so long as they find somewhere. if its too far for us we just wont go simple as that. good luck in finding somewhere though.

DENISE BAILEY said:
May be the date was double booked i know they have a couple of events on around the same time as the bwra champs, Seems to me some people just like to make a drama when they see the opportunityBut it no good dwelling on it now what done is done ...look to the future and hopefully a new venue will be found that is permanent

The same thing happened last year with Dudley

20th to 27th August 2007 - Festival of the Tree at Westonbirt

24th to 25thAugust 2007 - Frocester Beer Festival

27th August 2007 - Berkeley Agricultural Show

SATURDAY 1st SEPTEMBER 2007 - Moreton-in-Marsh Agricultural and Horse Show

Okay now I'm totally lost. What has this list of events got to do with the Moreton in Marsh cricket ground? Frocester Beer Festival IS actually held on a cricket ground (I've been there a couple of times :cheers: ) but it's near Stroud and is close to where South Cotswold run. As is the Berkeley Agricultural show more to the south west and Westonbirt to the east. Basically South Cots is roughly in the centre of a triangle between the 3 of them.

Moreton in Marsh on the other hand is in the north Cotswolds and in fact is nearly out of Gloucestershire being close to the Warwickshire border. I can tell you that the Moreton in Marsh cricket club is very particular about their playing surface/wicket so they aren't about to have any horse events on that field. So these events aren't anything to do with what has happened to your booking for the champs.

For the poor soul who has ended up having to stay there. It's a very pretty cotswold village with some really nice places to visit in the surrounding countryside. People go to the area for holidays. Not much compensation for someone who wanted to go whippet racing I know. :(

Hope that you all can find out where you are going to race soon.

I only did a search on Moreton in Marsh and thats what it came up with ...sorry i am not familiar with the place ...thanks for letting us know

can symophise with you paul, :b seems the comitee do not have a clue :oops: , they should of let people no sooner when they found out weeks ago :oops:

do not think them looking for a new venue will matter if some of us members get there way they will not be running the BWRA shortly :oops: we may get back to running our dogs like the BWRA should be run FOR ITS MEMBERS :rant:

think we have not got this venue because peddie members do not want us there can you blame them 2 years ago dorren publised some one entying there totlit all over ashfordby and people fighting dodge money (w00t) (w00t) how would give us a place to camp and race :eek:

parker said:
can symophise with you paul, :b   seems the comitee do not have a clue :oops: , they should of let people no sooner when they found out weeks ago :oops:
do not think them looking for a new venue will matter if some of us members get there way they will not be  running the BWRA shortly  :oops: we may get back to running our dogs like the BWRA should be run FOR ITS MEMBERS  :rant:

think we have not got this venue because peddie members do not want us there can you blame them 2 years ago dorren publised some one entying there totlit all over ashfordby and people fighting dodge money  (w00t)   (w00t)   how would give us a place to camp and race :eek:

Now I am completely lost, what does Parker mean 'I sympathise with you Paul'

Who is Paul and for that matter who is Parkeer?

Saying the committee doesn't have a clue. They work very hard and informed us about the loss of Moreton in the Marsh within days of hearing about it themselves.

The BWRA members certainly don't want a 'take over' woth people who think they know and can do better

Have you got any idea Parker what it takes to run big events, the committee you have at the moment are fair minded people and totally honest and are working there socks off to be insulted by members who probably have not got a clue what work goes into finding venues and running big events, most of the people who are always belly aching never lift a finger, so show a bit of gratitude and show some sort of compassion to those who travel miles without a dog to run, so that other members can race their dogs. Who do you think would make a better job of it those that always seem to be trying to put a spanner in the works.

Yours in sport

Sheila Webb

Such a shame that some folk don't appreciate all the hard work that both the BWRA and the NNWRF are doing for their members.Why do people put stupid comments on here,when they are not willing to put their name to them.I assume the comments are to start trouble. -_- When will the people who do this realise that we all see these comments for what they are 'Pathetic'.Get on with racing your dogs,it's much more fun.

Karen

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back