The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Are The Bwra Champs At Morton On The Marsh

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
How right you are sheila, it's a shame that members dont try to pull together to make things work for all of us to be able to enjoy the sport that we all love, they just seem to want to interfer with negative comment's. Be more positive and try to realise how much work that go's into organising a meeting.

Yours in sports

James / Lorraine

Like some has said its a shame people like this don't do more to help out at any events

aw006m7593 said:
Have you got any idea Parker what it takes to run big events, the committee you have at the moment are fair minded people and totally honest and are working there socks off to be insulted by members who probably have not got a clue what work goes into finding venues and running big events, most of the people who are always belly aching never lift a finger, so show a bit of gratitude and show some sort of compassion to those who travel miles without a dog to run,  so that other members can race their dogs.  Who do you think would make a better job of it those that always seem to be trying to put a spanner in the works.
Yours in sport

Sheila Webb

you put opens on when others have them on you silly woman

i no i could do a beter job at runin a open than the present comitee

parker said:
can symophise with you paul, :b   seems the comitee do not have a clue :oops: , they should of let people no sooner when they found out weeks ago :oops:
do not think them looking for a new venue will matter if some of us members get there way they will not be  running the BWRA shortly  :oops: we may get back to running our dogs like the BWRA should be run FOR ITS MEMBERS  :rant:

think we have not got this venue because peddie members do not want us there can you blame them 2 years ago dorren publised some one entying there totlit all over ashfordby and people fighting dodge money  (w00t)   (w00t)   how would give us a place to camp and race :eek:

is this the same person who was asking member to sign a partition sunday at the bwra tyrone open, (w00t) not another partition and from the same people, :b wanting an egm called, seem's some people are always trying to get one committee or another off and put people in that do as they are told, :- "

I will treat the silly woman bit Parker, whoever you may be? with the contempt it deserves, as regards the Club and Region putting on opens when their are opens that are at least three hours or more in travelling time for our members, that happens to be none of your business, we have young members with young families who cannot afford the money nor the time and they need to be encouraged by giving them decent racing, otherwise the Southern Region will be another one that will fold.

Keep up the good work bwra committee impossible to please everyone :luck: :thumbsup:

RealMadYid said:
Regarding Moterton, my wife and I spent £350 booking a local cottage for the week which would accomodate all of us plus the dogs, took bloody ages to find...and then it's cancelled  :( Also took ages getting the same week off, and now i can't change my week off, so we're in Moreton with no racing, bored dogs  :D   Let's hope the local eateries and pubs are decent! Bloody councils!
BTW...IMHO THURROCK gets an extremley raw deal hosting events...it's a good club and deserves more support....

Paul

Please note..that this was not a critisicm of anyone involved in organising whippet events. Only the fact that Sheila went to a lot of trouble to organise an event, only for it to be cancelled by the local owners, authorities etc. So please do not misunderstand my comments...

still, looking forward to visiting the area...

Kind Regards,

Paul

Maybe one event might of been enough this year at Moterton, see how things went instead of people organizing other events before the champs in August ..and thats not a dig at anyone in particular ...but look what has happened in the past when champ weekends have been moved to one place and left other good venues we have lost them...

As far as partition i hear they are great for dividing internal walls :oops:

looks like someone as my password again, hope you get lots of pleasure from changing my post,

lets see if you can work out my new password, ???

parker said:
can symophise with you paul, :b   seems the comitee do not have a clue :oops: , they should of let people no sooner when they found out weeks ago :oops:
do not think them looking for a new venue will matter if some of us members get there way they will not be  running the BWRA shortly  :oops: we may get back to running our dogs like the BWRA should be run FOR ITS MEMBERS  :rant:

think we have not got this venue because peddie members do not want us there can you blame them 2 years ago dorren publised some one entying there totlit all over ashfordby and people fighting dodge money  (w00t)   (w00t)   how would give us a place to camp and race :eek:

is this the same person who was asking member to sign a petition, not ( partition ) sunday at the bwra tyrone open, w00t.gif not another pettition and from the same people, blush.gif wanting an egm called, seem's some people are always trying to get one committee or another off and put people in that do as they are told, whistling.gif

As far as partition i hear they are great for dividing internal walls poster_oops.gif

as far as PETITION i hear they create better division,

Are you saying you never wrote this post or are you saying some one has edited the post to make it look like you made the spelling mistake ? :clown: :D

The only person on here i have seen post anything about a petition is yourself...so why not let us know whom the person is wanting and egm cause it all new news to me ...or maybe you have wrote about it in your magazine :oops:

thought this thread was about the bwra and there looking for a venue, :- "

Susan said:
Can we get Swallow nest for the champs original.gif . It's central (well kind of) whistling.gif

I am sure if the bwra need swallows nest they will let us know through the right canals ...and i am sure the nnwrf wont see our or the bwra members go without if we can help thumbsup.gif but last year the nnwrf committee penciled in the August bank holiday weekend just in case the bwra got stuck ...i am more than sure nothings been penciled in this year...so i am unsure if the weekend will be free as we had our annual meeting with swallows nest in January 2007

not sure about this just more talk going around but was told that. The bwra can't go to swallows nest, because the nnwrf are putting restriction's on bwra members being allowed to run at a bwra champs :eek: not sure if its true :b

Hellbound, the reason we have lost Morton on Marsh could be because of the B.W. R.A,s involvement with 2 of the biggest rogues ever in whippet racing plus the abolition of drug testing which will give you the chance to carry on where you left off without fear of being caught.

hellbound said:
Susan said:
Can we get Swallow nest for the champs original.gif . It's central (well kind of) whistling.gif

I am sure if the bwra need swallows nest they will let us know through the right canals ...and i am sure the nnwrf wont see our or the bwra members go without if we can help thumbsup.gif but last year the nnwrf committee penciled in the August bank holiday weekend just in case the bwra got stuck ...i am more than sure nothings been penciled in this year...so i am unsure if the weekend will be free as we had our annual meeting with swallows nest in January 2007

not sure about this just more talk going around but was told that. The bwra can't go to swallows nest, because the nnwrf are putting restriction's on bwra members being allowed to run at a bwra champs :eek: not sure if its true :b

[/quote

correct you 2 are the restriction

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back