The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

B W R A  AGM

Unfortunately no!!! but i'm going old hall this w/end so i'll see if I can find out anything! Unfortunately I know there are a few members of the BWRA/Fed out their who know about k9 but don't contribute, why? it is a completely Independent site which is here for people who enjoy whippets, not just the extra's that go with racing!!.

It would be interesting to find out, but I'm sure we will hear something soon. keep us posted if you hear anything.

i have heard that there is no change on the committee but on drugs if you are tested and a second test is required it will cost you £1290 and if you can,t or won,t pay it will mean a years ban don,t know how true this is  if you hear any different let me know Steve.

Still have not heard anything will give Arthur a phone. Im Johns wife by the way ( CRACK O DAWN ).

Just off the phone to Arther Cook he says the B W R A committee is still the same. The B W R A bend champs is in April dont know exact date a week later The Lord Byron Plate the English Derby is four weeks before the Scottish Derby but the think the Scottish Derby is on the 27th of July it is normaly a week before that so if you know different tell me I hope this helps yous all next year.

apparentley the drug testing policy is the same as always, the first test is a pass or fail, if you want it broken down to levels of what you failed on, then you have to pay(this is the same at the fed), I heard it was a bit of a slagging off sesion, how true this is I dont know!!

hiya all this is denise bailey with bluegoblin and fullstop just wanted to say hi to all my mates at the whippet clubs i have been to!!! from denise

(Edited by teriann at 10:33 pm on Nov. 28, 2001)

Apparentley the beer at old hall is'nt that good!!(so I've heard), maybe it's about time we had a change of location. How are you're pup's doing?

the hygene is`t that good either...maybe this place will be a change of scenary also the dogs that were running on oldhall always had the upper hand at championships days as they were used to the track. It will give us all the same chance. As you may of read in the whippet news bluegoblin had 5 pups 1 dog 4 bitches we kept the dog and the bitch we sold the dog last week as having 2 of them was an accident waiting to happen. The bitch is 10 pound in weight at 4 month hoping she makes the weight. And how are your dogs doing? Has there been any club racing lately? pleased to hear from you , denise

Hi, I should think youre pup will make racing weight, but I don't think it will be a heavyweight!!!!. As for my dogs tiger(true faith) is yet again Injured so no racing for him till next year!, I'm currently waiting for Hobgoblin(maddison+homebird) to come into season, I quite fancy xspell. and I have a 12mth old called moonpie(stewart+hobgoblin) whom we are trailing around the bends so we are hoping to take her around nexy year.

Due to the time of year and weather, we trail at the club sat afternoons, but it's mainly pups and a few peds wanting a run, it's more social cos we have a pint afterwards!!!!

We are still undecided whether to go to the derby. the early weigh in and also it's the whippet clubs xmas party the night before are putting me off, I'll just have to see what my heads like!!

I think having this a web site is great steve with fluke told me about it, havent heard for a few daysfrom him hope everythings okay. Im sure your pup moonpie(hope thats right)will be as good as her mam. We really miss racing a big dog after lossing smurfette on the bends last year, racing never been the same since, but we both are starting to want to go now, trust us at the end of the season. We got a lovely greyhound bitch given off one of our friends to breed from we only had her 6months and she developed cancer so we had to have her put to sleep. As far as xspell goes for a stud dog he`s thrown loads of champions. How is hob goblin bred? We are gonna start going to stockton on a sat morning to get bluegoblin fit for the vet next year.cya all later DENISE :eek:

Hobgoblin is bred maddison+homebird, she is litter sister to stormbird, Ne1 and son of a bitch. I was at easington when you lost smurfette, It made me realise how lucky we were that holly(hobgoblin), had only broke her leg on the bends and not lost her life. It was such a sad day. I'm glad to hear that you are getting back into racing again.

hiya michelle well i think your choice with xspell is a good one but when we got the greyhound gary phoned jill to ask her to line her,  jill said she would but xspell was getting quite old now.I quite like the thought of xstatic hes just lined breeze and is very well bred. Also akinda magic has gone into stud register now think he may make a really good stud dog he was very versatile on both bends and straights. I was a bit surprised at your choise last time with hobgblin as her been out of maddison and stewart out of strimmer as they were litter brothers a bit close for me, but line breeding has been very successful in greyhound racing over the years.Well do think it want matter what you take her to shes a lovely bitch. As you may notice ive set up in my own name now in stead of my daughters . nice to hear from you hope to hear soon denise.

I agree with you about akinda magic, but for some reason it just does'nt take my fancy!!!, I quite fancy xstatic but I would like to see what he throws, but as holly is overdue a season he or xspell may be the likely choice.

We picked stewart because we have always liked him, looks,breeding and performance but he is practically sterile, holly had 3 good matings and only had 3 pups, and the last few bitches have missed to him.(so I may have the last stewart pups)

Did you stockton at w/end? was it a good turnout? see you soon

Apparently we've not got last stewart pups, Tam jnr was telling me at Blidworth that he had just thrown a litter of about five (i think) i know it was a git bigger than hollys litter anyway, can't remember the bitch but it'll come back to me, they were all black and white.

NB No wierd spaniel colours.(sorry mark)

Maybe mating holly(hobgoblin) got his loins working again!!!!!, at least they turned out normal colours!!, If any non peds out there see mark with stormbird, try and get a look as his pup,it's a spaniel on a whippets body!

I don't know was it a spaniel or was it a SHEEP ????

never went to stockton at weekend as i had  a ruff night on friday was out on the razzle till 3am so never got up till late, hope to try and go this week. Might even try going to the bends on sunday, i know jackie and dennis are going to see how micky mac gose as we have just gave him to them, they also got a pup out of bluegoblin. They were over last night with her shes 13lb and grace our pup is 11lb so shes is starting to grow im over the moon. I was wondering weather Paul and Chris ever came on this site as i know there on the internet as there phones always ingaged there a really nice couple i like them both (but dont tell paul i said that lol)Gary and myself was going to go to tenerriffe with the dog lot in January weve got an appartment near them all, on stand by but garys dads really poorly at the monent so we will have to see how it gose with him.Dont know if you have heard any thing but peter and michelle winters has had really bad luck there dogs (show three, jacks back and jacks one)got out of the gate at home and show three came back after half hour michelle decided to put her on the leader and go look for other 2 as she went out the door jacks back was in the garden bleeding all over she took him to vets and he had been hit by a car, he was in vets all night getting blood as hed lost a lot also over a 100 stiches the other dog got home safe. any way better sign off and get some work do see ya later

Thats what happened to my dog Crack O Dawn just over a week ago. Some one opened the front gate and let him out the other two stayed. Ross was gone for just over 2 hours I had my mother in law, sister in law, brother in law and myself hunting all over Bathgate looking for him. He was found safe and sound but I was worried he would get hit or just taken away as he likes everyone he meets. My wee dog Jed was almost hit by a car in August he ran over the road to get to me but I saw the car come and jumped in the middle of the road to stop him hitting Jed. I know it sounds a daft thing to do but at the time I was not thinks straight. It was my wee girl who opened the gate but she wont do that again. My dogs only get in the back garden now so I am praying it wont happen again. Hope Jacks Back get well soon.

I spoke to shelley today and I still own/bred the last stewart pups, but apparentley he has lined little ivy, so we will see what happens.(stewarts son "joe cocker" has fathered a litter of five, but 2 died).

At last hobgoblin came into season(boxing day), so we are making arrangements for her to be mated to Xspell, so fingers crossed.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back