The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

B W R A  AGM

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I am lead to believe that it is additional B.W.R.A top ten opens that we are not getting.  As I have stated already we are not the biggest region but we should at least get to keep what we have got.  I enjoy traveling south to attend opens as I have met some nice people over the years and I like to see them now and again for a chat.  But if the sport is to continue and indeed florish we have to accomidate all the members.  If not what will happen is people in the north and the south will gradually go out of the sport and the sport will only continue in the middle of the country.  This may sound appealing to some but it will soon get boaring.  We have already lost clubs up here and just over the boarder I think that I am correct in saying that Wigton, Emont Vale and Kirkby Steven no longer run which is a pity as they staged great opens.  I remember when the Feds stopped giving us golden jacket events I was dissapointed but that was nothing to how I feel now.  As it stands I think that my region could cease to exist within five years.  And then how long will it be before someone thinks that the north of England is to far to travel and they loose their additionial top ten opens.  If that happens it will finish our sport for good.  So come on lets have some reason and ideas so that all regions can florish in their own rights and support each others opens.  If the regions are strong that makes that title more special on championship day.  I like your idea for the bends but I think I am finished as far as bends are concerned.  I am going to try and bring Ross back this year but after last years injuries I am not hopefull.  As for the other two one won't go round the bends and the other is only 18lb and I thing that is too small for the bends.  Just as well realy because the only track with an outside lure here won't allow whippets on it and to train a dog on an inside lure and then run against dogs on an outside lure could be dangerous to the other dogs so it looks grim for me and bend racing.

Happy New Year to you all.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back