The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Big Storm.....

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
best wishes STORM got everything crossed for you good luck with him John. if you don,t make it to Westhoughton on the 18th I know you were looking forward to it we all look forward to seeing you next time :luck: :luck: :luck:

Glad he is on the mend, im sure he will be bouncing back in no time :thumbsup:

Goodluck :luck: :luck:

I wish you all the luck in the world that everything goes well for you and Storm. :luck:

stormydog said:
View attachment 40282
thank god today seen STORM getting his first chemo treatment. seemed straight forward enough for the vet to do. the drug he was given is "vinblastine" which is also given to humans.. this along with steroids will sort this dirty cancer out.

ive got to take him back on friday for a blood count so the vet can keep an eye on the white-cell growth. obviously its going to take a few weeks to actually see if theres an improvement and im sure over the weeks hell feel pretty grim..but hes been thru the wars in his 7 years so i know the big guy will take it all in his stride.

again  thanks for the kind words and best wishes

john

What a super photo of the man himself :wub: :wub:

Come on Storm you can do it....... :thumbsup: :cheers: :luck: :luck: Best of luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see Storm looking better :thumbsup: I'm sure he'll come on leaps & bounds from now on :luck: :luck:

Julie

All the best to Storm - he's looking good, despite what he has already been though and hopefully this chemo will put him right back on track :luck: :wub: I think COLT is actually saying that he is feeling VERY tired (hence the big yawn) and he thinks he would be better up on that nice comfy sofa with the duvet wrapped around him, rather than have to make do with the floor!! Smashing dogs! :wub: :wub:

I've read that dogs will turn on their sick or aging kennel mates. That certainly hasn't been my experience and I do trust that Colt is giving his father the respect he deserves!

sendin lots ov luck for ya both :huggles: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

Becki x

Please tuck Storm in, nice and snuggly warm under his duvet, sending him hugs and good luck wishes from freezing cold Yorkshire! :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

Gill

give storm a big :huggles: form grant

stormydog said:
View attachment 40282
thank god today seen STORM getting his first chemo treatment. seemed straight forward enough for the vet to do. the drug he was given is "vinblastine" which is also given to humans.. this along with steroids will sort this dirty cancer out.

ive got to take him back on friday for a blood count so the vet can keep an eye on the white-cell growth. obviously its going to take a few weeks to actually see if theres an improvement and im sure over the weeks hell feel pretty grim..but hes been thru the wars in his 7 years so i know the big guy will take it all in his stride.

again  thanks for the kind words and best wishes

john

Hey John,he looks just great mate.Hope its all up hill from here on in.Its good to be back in touch again. ...Billy...

lurcherburger said:
hi john,
hows he doing then mate?? :))

ok nick ta .

had a blood sample taken today. thats the way its going to be for a while now...chemo tuesday..blood sample friday. i think the point of the sample is to keep a check on red and blood cells. took him for a walk by himself and he was skipping and leaping like a pup !

john

I'm really pleased that Storm is so happy, dogs are wonderful, if they aren't hurting at the moment - life is good :thumbsup:

Love and hugs to Storm :wub: :wub:

Give him a big kiss & lots of :huggles: :huggles: to the handsome lad from me John...

stormydog said:
lurcherburger said:
hi john,

ok nick ta .

had a blood sample taken today. thats the way its going to be for a while now...chemo tuesday..blood sample friday. i think the point of the sample is to keep a check on red and blood cells. took him for a walk by himself and he was skipping and leaping like a pup !

john

thats great news john. :huggles: sounds very hopeful :thumbsup:

stormydog said:
lurcherburger said:
hi john,

ok nick ta .

john

Keep it Up Storm :luck: :huggles:

2nd chemo. on tuesday past...so far so good. hes coming with me to WESTHOUGHTON this weekend ..... his boys racing..hes cheering :D

j 8) hn

:luck: Loads of this for Storm :luck:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back