The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Black Christmas Tree

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Yes, I have a black christmas tree and love it :D

:blink:

Last year's tree is the best colour :thumbsup:

Pauline

Not keen either, I like the traditional green one's best :- "

I like it! :thumbsup: It looks very striking with the white decorations :D

We faffed about last year and left getting a tree until the last minute and Neil ended up coming home from a day out shopping in Newcastle with a COPPER coloured tree (w00t) He said it was cheap in Marks & Sparks and he loved the colour! It's up in the loft now and, to be honest, I'm tempted to just get myself a nice green one and buy a few new fancy decorations and get it put up one evening when he's on nightshift :- " He'll be so tired when he gets home in the morning that he won't feel like complaining and taking it all down *as if he'd dare!!!* (w00t)

I'm not sure what Diva will be like with a tree as I think she was still living as an outside dog last Christmas :( I do know I can't put any of those lovely chocolate tree decorations up this year :- " Methinks they wouldn't last a day :lol:

sorry ann no got to be green tree

my tree spends more time on the floor than it does up

so im thinking ths year wont bother what with having the pony in the house

rory always go for the angel on the top of the tree sure he thinks he can eat it

harley scared of the tree and wont go anywhere near it

then all my hard work of wrapping gets undone in five seconds flat

and chocolates on the tree is a no no as jay nick them leaving wrappers intact

i hate to think what they would do to a black tree

I love the black trees, and the deep aubergine ones and like the sound of the copper one :D

they look really classy when jam packed with one or two colours in the scheme but............................I hate the upside down trees :blink:

The upside-down ones are REAL??????? :blink: I thought it was camera trickery :b :- " (w00t)

Foxglove said:
The upside-down ones are REAL???????  :blink:     I thought it was camera trickery  :b   :- "  (w00t)
it would be more tricky to hang a normal tree with all the baubles upside down, but I bet lots of k9'ers could supply a photo of that kind of tree, with a little help from their whippets o:) o:)

It is very effective but I have to say get a real one and get a non-needle dropping one and load it up with as much as you can (except evil tinsel) Wendy I am 100 % with you on that one, HATE THE STUFF :x :x :x

I can't have a real one, for one i dont want to be picking

needles out of the carpet for weeks after :lol:

And two they worry me a little with their irregular shape

i like things matching and their branches don't........does

that read how it should and make sense :blink:

not black or green but this one for me in pink :wub:

pinkcristmastree.jpg

Our Christmas Tree is like a history of our family. We have decs on that our eldest son made at Playschool, he's 31 now!, decs we bought when we lived in Seattle in 1980, some decs my parents had on their tree, and the single dec I bought in Harrods. It takes ages to dress our tree because it's like a journey through our lives.

Absolutley nothing matches

Jenny

Last edited by a moderator:
quintessence said:
Our Christmas Tree is like a history of our family.  We have decs on that our eldest son made at Playschool, he's 31 now!, decs we bought when we lived in Settle in 1980, some decs my parents had on their tree, and the single dec I bought in Harrods.  It takes ages to dress our tree because it's like a journey through our lives.
Absolutley nothing matches

Jenny

That's lovely. :huggles: Our tree decs are either inherited (little wooden figures), purchased from Germany (my Mother bought me some last time she was over there because they do such beautiful Christmas decs), some I bought from a memorable visit to Lancaster for the day, and the others have been purchased over the years, a few extra ones each year.

We've used an artificial tree for a number of years (OH bought it when we first moved in together from Woollies (w00t) without consulting me), but I rebelled last year and bought a real, miniature one. My one concession is letting the OH put his skier at the top, looking like she's crashed into the tree, skis criss-crossed. (w00t)

Sorry...but I'm not so keen on these designery, themed trees.... :b

ours is mostly gold/copper/bronze baubles, but the rest are special decs, homemade over the years or bought from each holiday we've been on, there's one I HATE, from seeing Shamu in Florida it's a cheesey dolphin jumping thro' a Christmas wreath, don't know what made me buy it, somehow it won't 'accidentally ' break even tho' it is very fragile :- "

I havnt had a real tree for a couple of years...well since Archie arrived..but think Ill be having a big 6 foot one again downstairs this year.

My baubles are ancient ones too...and carefully packed in old real wooden lard boxes ffrom the thirties. Most of them are real glass and very fragile..all diferent ones...

I love unpacking the box too and looking through them all...so Yes Im hoping they will come out again this Christmas....but dont put the tree up until about 12th December time..

I love hearing about these trees. i hope we can have a tree thread mid December so we can all admire each other's decs :thumbsup:

We will make sure we start a topic for it :thumbsup:

I finally choose a black one :thumbsup:

Pic's up soon.........

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back