The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Black Leather Martingales

TC

RAGGY LASS!
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I am trying to find leather martingales, as I already have four made from nylon webbing, but would really like some nice soft leather ones.

I contacted Kirislin after another thread as she works with kangaroo leather which is really soft, but she can't do black and I'm a bit obsessive about colour as some of you already know :- " :b

If anyone has any links I'd be very grateful as I feel like I have trawled the internet for hours :(

Thanks in advance

Not sure if you will like these - they are in black leather, but have a slight variation!!! Specially made for whippets etc though! www.ekmpowershop.com

Dont know if these will be any good

www.mytshirtshop.net

sharron

Hmmm I have some black stain (raven oil) I dont know if it would work though, it might rub off. I could test a bit of leather if you want. I could use it on a dark brown hide which goes almost black after oiling & use anyway.

Linda

kirislin said:
Hmmm  I have some black stain (raven oil)  I dont know if it would work though, it might rub off.  I could test a bit of leather if you want.  I could use it on a dark brown hide which goes almost black after oiling & use anyway. 
Linda

Oooh Linda,

You're getting me all excited now. Do you think that you could try, I would really appreciate it :b

Look forward to hearing from you

Thanks everyone for your sites. I'm going to see if Linda can help as I love her collars, but thanks for all the info just in case :thumbsup:

sharron said:
Dont know if these will be any good www.mytshirtshop.net

sharron

(w00t) had to laugh when I saw this Sharron, am waiting for my order to arrive. I ordered two with the cut out stars, and can't wait for them to come :- "

PM me your snail mail address & I'll put some raven oil on a little scrap & send it to you. Let me know if you want one once you've seen how it turns out.

Linda

alfyn said:
Kazimir Malevich said:

WOW!!!!! These collars are beautiful,i know someone who'll love these............................

[SIZE=21pt]Dessie,where are you?????????? :lol: [/SIZE]

I am TRYING my hardest NOT to look, I have the blacksmith coming round tomorrow to finally measure up for the divider in my kitchen which is going to cost a small fortune so pretty broke at the moment ................ but I might just have a LITTLE peek!!!!

I should have a BIG peak at these Dessie :lol: Only trouble is,i can't translate & i want to order one or three,or four.................or maybe even five (w00t) :D

[SIZE=21pt]OMG!!![/SIZE]

Those collars are just GORGEOUS!!! :b (w00t) :wub:

I really, really hate people who put links on here!!! :rant: :rant:

kirislin said:
PM me your snail mail address & I'll put some raven oil on a little scrap & send it to you.  Let me know if you want one once you've seen how it turns out.
Linda

Got It!!!

I cannot believe how soft the leather is, it's absolutely gorgeous :wub: I will PM you re order Linda, just wanted these guys to know how beautiful the leather is.

A couple of people at work thought I was mad oohing and aahing over two strips of leather, then they felt it and the "wows" came thick and fast (w00t) Only problem was, they asked me what kind of leather it was and when I said kangeroo they got all "moral" on me. I said that I was sure that this was a natural by-product, but now I am a bit worried that I might have falsely reassured them :- " :unsure:

Have to say, I am addicted already and I haven't even seen them made into a collar (w00t)

dessie said:
alfyn said:
Kazimir Malevich said:

WOW!!!!! These collars are beautiful,i know someone who'll love these............................

I am TRYING my hardest NOT to look, I have the blacksmith coming round tomorrow to finally measure up for the divider in my kitchen which is going to cost a small fortune so pretty broke at the moment ................ but I might just have a LITTLE peek!!!!

Caroline,

I know that I should be focused on collars at the mo, but I am very interested to know what a blacksmith will be doing to your kitchen :- " (w00t) :wacko:

Tracy

saw some lovely ones on ebay

they can be sheep skined lined if u wish too.My two are a little too dinky for big boy collars.IF you want link ill get it for u ok?

TC said:
dessie said:
alfyn said:
Kazimir Malevich said:

Caroline,

I know that I should be focused on collars at the mo, but I am very interested to know what a blacksmith will be doing to your kitchen :- " (w00t) :wacko:

Tracy

Do you really want to know that, Tracey !!!!! :- " (w00t) :lol: (w00t)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back