The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Blidworth Results

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Thats right michelle you tell em lol, tell your tony to change your name when he comes on........ :D

Mmmmmm just flicked through my rule book & in big bold writing is :

BWRA RULES MUST BE ADHERED TO AT ALL BWRA EVENTS. Failure to do so by any region will result in the regional cheque withdrawn.

So is the rule book right or are some of us racers unaware of certain unspoken rules?

Last edited by a moderator:
We did discuss this, - at some length, with the events organisers. If I have got the gist of what they were saying right then

1) The event was an OPEN, that is, open to anyone not just BWRA members. Cards were not shown or asked for at the event or in the advert. As an OPEN it was not a BWRA event, hence BWRA rules need not apply. It was not advertised as a BWRA only event. There has been a long tradition that Bob Burke event was open to all not just BWRA members

2) The regional committee are voted in by their regional members and are acountable to them and not the BWRA national committee. Nowhere in the rules does it state that the BWRA regions must only hold BWRA events or events held by the regions must be run to BWRA national rules.

There is a world of difference between "should" and "must" do.

It is correct that whippet news gives each region a bend and straight top ten open but WN is in no posistion to dictate rules to the regions or national bodies. Perhaps the WN should withdraw the points awarded at this open.

il take me spaniel for a run next time then :p

that makes no sence to me at all Tony. just dont understand what your trying to say was it bwra region open or not?

So was it wrongly advertised as being a BWRA event then?

OR will the next four BWRA events; BWRA Mid West Open- Fordingbridge, BWRA N East Harry Seymore - Rising Sun, BWRA S Yorks Tom Jones - Blidworth & BWRA East Mids Another Maid - Asfordby be open to anyone registered/unregistered with BWRA? If so & you weren't bothered about running in any national events you dont need to register at all?

Am i getting warmer yet?

Hey Neil i'll fetch mine we can start off a new trend!!! Bet mine's faster than yours :D Least you wouldn't need a lure lad, they'd retrieve it back to ya!!!

lol vicky,only if we can run to supreme tho :p

I think that the day would have been alot better had there been a ban on kickboards ??? ??? ??? :0 and can your spaniel run without one neil??? ;) ;)

TONY

i have just come off the phone to the chairman of the bwra and told him what happened at blidworth and what yourself have been saying and im sorry to disapoint you but at sundays event they did have to run at bwra rules and as scr sup was ruled in to be run at every bwra event thats what they should have done without any arguement.

us scr racers want to go to an event and run sup scr if we wish without any arguement and hassle as we get enough of that anyway.

mand

:( OH DEAR TONY PERHAPS YOU SHOULD STICK TO WHAT YOU DO BEST .

FILLING TEETH, BEFORE YOU START LOSING YOURS :D :D :D

I think that the day would have been alot better had there been a ban on kickboards
Oooooh steve you brave man Lol

Bet there'll be none of this confusion at IRG next week!!!

Firstly, I am not disagreeing with or arguing against supreme scratch.We run scratch dogs. We ran in the supreme scratch. It is upto event organisers what is on the program and I prefer to have another run. I am not suggesting that what they are doing is in the spirit of the BWRA or right or not.

I would be interested in seeing which rule states that regions must run only BWRA events. I am only stating what the event organisers told me but I can see no reason or rules that contradict this. The BWRA chairman is not able to change the constitution of the BWRA as voted by its members - it isn`t upto the chairman to make up rules as we go along. If regions must run only BWRA events then it should be in the rules - my point is that its not in the rules. The organisers could have denied us the supreme scratch legitmatly but elected to run by the " national BWRA rules" out of goodwill.(or Debs insistance :D ;) )

Rightly or wrongly I can see no rule or reason to prevent a region from running an open in this way. BWRA south yorks may be out of step but I can`t see they are in breach of any rules.

if my spaniel starts running with or without a board you may all as well leave your dogs at home :D :D :p

No where near as many injuries either Neil, just they eat more & do bigger shits, mind you your used to donkey turds ey :D Talking of injuries at vets tomorrow with 2 nackered whips & a pup for his injections!!!

nobody is saying or ever said that the chairman of the bwra is making up the rules he is the only one abiding by the rules ,i phoned for his advice about the rules and he said that its in your membership card sup scr to be run at all bwra events,if people dont want to run to bwra rules they should`nt have a bwra event.

and we should`nt have to be grateful for them running it ,it should`nt even have had to be voted in in the first place if yard per lb dogs run it then scr racers should run it.

we are also not bothered about top ten points but scr racers deserve the same treatment as the smaller dogs.

Butch...........i think that comment was a bit childish and nasty (smiley faces doesnt make it funny). unlike some people i dont hide behind a fake name and stand by what i write I dont go around making stupid comments behind a fake name.

All thats put on here is what we were told yesterday by one of the race organisers.

Obviously there has been some crossed wires somewhere along the line either that (hopefully) or the BWRA is just a complete farce. Maybe more of an issue should be made about this at a meeting, it's been made clear that some people running BWRA events dont know the rules either (not slagging any of yesterdays organisers!!) or more importantly haven't had them pointed out by the bwra committee.

For regions to hold an event should the regional reps not go to a meeting with the National Committe so that everyone knows where they stand.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back