The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Buchers Tins, Has Anybody Had Any Problems

k4tie-d

StarR Collars
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
i give ruby and star buchers tins, and never really had a problem, but i usually buy the 6 pack, and last week i didnt notice but one of the tins in it was bashed, and when i opened it it had the tinyest bit of mould on the top so i chuched it out.

but this morning iv opened a tin and just look. :x :x

DSC04529.jpg

i was nearly sick to look at it, all the tins in the packet have a small dent. the next one i opened was fine.

im just wondering if anyone else has had the same or similar problems? and should i do anything about it? :(

i definatly dont think i will be buying them butchers again, only iv got another 11 tins to go through, fingers crossed there ok :x

Bloody hell Katie thats never right, is there a sell by date on the tins, take the buggers back and tell em i sent you, :luck:

midlanderkeith said:
Bloody hell Katie thats never right, is there a sell by date on the tins, take the buggers back and tell em i sent you,  :luck:
they are best before NOV 2010 so they are still very much in date :x

i would never buy a tin with a dent in it because theres that possibility its got a crack in the metal.

i think shops and supermarkets should be banned from selling damaged tins :thumbsup:

what a sight for you :x :x :x

trish g said:
i would never buy a tin with a dent in it because theres that possibility its got a crack in the metal.i think shops and supermarkets should be banned from selling damaged tins  :thumbsup:

what a sight for you :x   :x   :x

i wouldnt buy a tin with a dent ither, but it was in a pack of 6 and they all looked fine from outside the packet, i wondered if the dent had caused it to open a little at the rim?

k4tie-d said:
trish g said:
i would never buy a tin with a dent in it because theres that possibility its got a crack in the metal.i think shops and supermarkets should be banned from selling damaged tins  :thumbsup:

i wouldnt buy a tin with a dent ither, but it was in a pack of 6 and they all looked fine from outside the packet, i wondered if the dent had caused it to open a little at the rim?

looks like thats the point where its gone.

theres nothing worst than looking at mould :x you can almost see monster faces in it (w00t)

Last edited by a moderator:
k4tie-d said:
trish g said:

Its as Trish says, theres air gotten inside, take em back Katie, dont open any more

:luck:

Its as Trish says, theres air gotten inside, take em back Katie, dont open any more

:luck:

ok will do :x

:huggles:

Is there a web address for them on the tin Katie? if so i"d send them an email with pics and ask them what there going to do about it. :x

Paula Roberts said:
Is there a web address for them on the tin Katie? if so i"d send them an email with pics and ask them what there going to do about it. :x
have just done that now :thumbsup:

I would take them back to the shop you bought them from and ask for a refund. They have obviously been damaged in transit and the rim will have opened up slightly allowing air to enter the can. I would not let this stop you buying them however because there will be nothing wrong with the meat inside if there is no damage to the tin. I don't feed butchers all the time but I do every so often and have never had a problem.

This is the problem with these 'easy open' cans, they can split a lot easier than normal tins - even if it is a pain getting the tin opener out :p

I have also seen this happen with other brands of food so I wouldn't worry too much, but I would definately get a refund from the shop as I'm betting somebody has dropped the pack somewhere down the line. If they won't refund you, get in touch with butchers and let them know the problem :thumbsup:

:x :x :x :x

thats nice :- "

take them back katie, i dont think there will be a problem once they see it

sent them an email this morning with the pic and iv just got this email back from them,

Good morning

I am sorry to learn you have had a problem with some of our cans of Butcher’s dog food.

Please could you email the two lines of code found printed on the bottom of the can this will be logged on to our system. Experience tells us the cans must have been damaged in some way in order to allow air to reach the food resulting in product deterioration and mould growth.

We do not need to see the can or contents and will send you a letter of explanation as soon as possible please send me your postal address.

wonder what there explanation will be :blink:

maybe a lifetime's supply might make you feel better katie :- "

k4tie-d said:
sent them an email this morning with the pic and iv just got this email back from them,
Good morning

I am sorry to learn you have had a problem with some  of our cans of Butcher’s dog food.

Please could you  email the two lines of code found printed on the bottom of the can this will be logged on to our system. Experience tells us  the cans must have been damaged in some way in order to allow air to reach the food resulting in product deterioration and mould growth.

We do not need to see the can or contents and will send you a letter of explanation as soon as possible  please send me your postal address.

wonder what there explanation will be  :blink:

I have been interested in this topic, as I too feed Butchers to some of mine. I have never found anything amiss.

It will be interesting to see what the expanation will be. I do thnk you should be intitled to a refund or replacement. Besides all foods human and animal have become so expensive that you need to have good quality.

Margaret.

k4tie-d said:
Good morning

I am sorry to learn you have had a problem with some  of our cans of Butcher’s dog food.

Please could you  email the two lines of code found printed on the bottom of the can this will be logged on to our system. Experience tells us  the cans must have been damaged in some way in order to allow air to reach the food resulting in product deterioration and mould growth.

We do not need to see the can or contents and will send you a letter of explanation as soon as possible  please send me your postal address.

wonder what there explanation will be  :blink:

wouldnt be surprised if this is what they put for there explanation :-

"Experience tells us the cans must have been damaged in some way in order to allow air to reach the food resulting in product deterioration and mould growth." :- "

What a fuss over a dented tin and a bit of mould :blink: :lol: (well...I must admit it's a grim sight :x ). Just be careful disposing of it...mould spores are horrible things. :thumbsup:

Very occasionally I've come across a NatureDiet plastic tub lid that has blown (the lid is bubbly and distended) and the contents are rotting. I just hand it back to the petshop and swap it for another. I leave it to them to sort it out with the manufacturer. I suppose if you make a huge fuss you may get some sort of minor compensation, but I don't practice that sort of thing unless the company deserves it.

It's just one of those things....stock does get damaged occasionally.

oh my god :x if ever used tins i always used Butchers.Perhap you will get a good supply of Butchers,and so you should :thumbsup:

Nicola said:
What a fuss over a dented tin and a bit of mould  :blink:   :lol: (well...I must admit it's a grim sight :x ). Just be careful disposing of it...mould spores are horrible things.  :thumbsup:
Very occasionally I've come across a NatureDiet plastic tub lid that has blown (the lid is bubbly and distended) and the contents are rotting. I just hand it back to the petshop and swap it for another. I leave it to them to sort it out with the manufacturer. I suppose if you make a huge fuss you may get some sort of minor compensation, but I don't practice that sort of thing unless the company deserves it.

It's just one of those things....stock does get damaged occasionally.

I have to say I totally agree :thumbsup:

I would expect the explanation to be something similar to what they have already said. Somehow the pack has become damaged and the contents exposed to air.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back