The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

BWRA AGM / Testing etc etc

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
cliff hanger said:
Also watch your change when entering your dog/dogs at a meeting eg if a user of cocaine uses a £5 or £10 note to sniff their fix and it is given to you in your change your fingers become contaminated. And like I said in my post about dogs licking fingers if your dog gets a drug test it will be a positive test, so have a laugh at that hypothesis.clifford hanger

Actually nearly all used bank notes are contaminated with drugs

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/6993853.stm

:oops: Posted twice, crappy internet connection :- "

Last edited by a moderator:
wild whippies said:
cliff hanger said:
Also watch your change when entering your dog/dogs at a meeting eg if a user of cocaine uses a £5 or £10 note to sniff their fix and it is given to you in your change your fingers become contaminated. And like I said in my post about dogs licking fingers if your dog gets a drug test it will be a positive test, so have a laugh at that hypothesis.clifford hanger

Actually nearly all used bank notes are contaminated with drugs

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/6993853.stm

Thanks for pointing this out :thumbsup: I could go into further details but I can't because I don't think my ex colleagues would like me giving out anymore info on this topic.

clifford hanger

What I should also point out is the amounts present in the research program where in nanograms. I doubt that this is enough to even register as a trace on a standard HFL test. Its not just what's present but how much too.

Wouldn't wish for my words to be construed in any way. :thumbsup:

come on cliff who are u even i didnt last this long when i was lampin larry (w00t)

DENISE BAILEY said:
wild whippies said:
What I should also point out is the amounts present in the research program where in nanograms. I doubt that this is enough to even register as a trace on a standard HFL test. Its not just what's present but how much too. Wouldn't wish for my words to be construed in any way. :thumbsup:

Test for use in the qualitative detection of cocaine and cocaine metabolite in urine has a sensitivity cut-off level of 300ng/ml , thats when used and tested within 24 hours and as jac has said tracers off finger licking probably wouldn't even show up in standard HFL test

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

im safe then lol

:teehee:

cliff hanger said:
cliff hanger said:
S. Rodgers said:
wild whippies said:
hellbound said:
S. Rodgers said:
Yes karen drug testing was voted out last year, dont know y but i will wanted to put it forward this year  sue

sorry sue it was not voted out all region's voted to keep drug testing

I was wondering about this because at this years BWRA Straight Champs, I noticed HFL testing packs on the table when I entered my dog and presumed that there would be drug testing following racing.

Which leads me to my next question, why ask members what their wishes are if they're not going to be granted?

jaq answer to your question, there was a member that had said he would like some tests done and they he would pay for them himself, i know this cos i took the message over the phone sue

Who was HE?

clifford hanger

And once again were did the HFL drug testing packs come from? I'm asking because if the BWRA don't have drug testing anymore why was it there for all to see :wacko:

clifford hanger

its quite simple :b the bwra have always carried out drug test i would think they had the kits from the hfl as you buy them 10, 20, 30 so on at a time, so always have some if needed,

DENISE BAILEY said:
Didn't two members pay to have another members dog tested the last bwra champs at ashfordby the year the vet was there ??
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

so who were the two members and what dog did they request a test on

there as never been a discussion in the agm about this request so how come your the only member who know's about this

the testing kits that the BWRA have in their possession are obsolete no longer used by the HFL only the new TAMPER PROOF kits would be accepted and also ony when tests are carried out by a member of the veterinary proffession the organisation testing must also have an agreement and account with the HFL

weathergirls said:
the testing kits that the BWRA have in their possession are obsolete no longer used by the HFL only the new TAMPER PROOF kits would be accepted and also ony when tests are carried out  by a member of the veterinary proffession the organisation testing must also have an agreement and account with the HFL
Could someone pleaseeeee tell me, do the BWRA have an account with HFL?

Also do the BWRA have a drug test rule in force at present?

Because if the answers to both my questions are NO, the only conclusion I can come to is that someone is bull shitting us!

Someone should be made accountable for this drug testing kit being displayed for all to see,and I fully intend finding out who this was aimed at!

clifford hanger

cliff hanger said:
weathergirls said:
the testing kits that the BWRA have in their possession are obsolete no longer used by the HFL only the new TAMPER PROOF kits would be accepted and also ony when tests are carried out  by a member of the veterinary proffession the organisation testing must also have an agreement and account with the HFL

Because if the answers to both my questions are NO, the only conclusion I can come to is that someone is bull shitting us!

Someone should be made accountable for this drug testing kit being displayed for all to see,and I fully intend finding out who this was aimed at!

clifford hanger

the BWRA do NOT have a drug testing policy in place it was voted out at the AGM 2006

in my opinion drug testing should be reinstated but ONLY if the BWRA are prepared to carry out the testing in the correct way and NOT as they have done it in the past.

in order for it to be reinstated it will have to be voted back in by the members

weathergirls said:
cliff hanger said:
weathergirls said:

clifford hanger

the BWRA do NOT have a drug testing policy in place it was voted out at the AGM 2006

in my opinion drug testing should be reinstated but ONLY if the BWRA are prepared to carry out the testing in the correct way and NOT as they have done it in the past.

in order for it to be reinstated it will have to be voted back in by the members

Thank you Linda for a straight answer, so I take it that the BWRA don't have an account with HFL :thumbsup:

clifford hanger

read the topic you brought up Dee :thumbsup: and agree with Linda.Drug testing needs to be done by BOTH organisations,and under a strict policy.Can't see any reason why same policy cannot be followed by both organisations,as neither as a zero policy.Roll on voting time :thumbsup: :) Karen

rodders said:
read the topic you brought up Dee :thumbsup: and agree with Linda.Drug testing needs to be done by BOTH organisations,and under a strict policy.Can't see any reason why same policy cannot be followed by both organisations,as neither as a zero policy.Roll on voting time :thumbsup:   :) Karen
:oops: meant to put 'tolerance'between zero and policy

rodders said:
rodders said:
read the topic you brought up Dee :thumbsup: and agree with Linda.Drug testing needs to be done by BOTH organisations,and under a strict policy.Can't see any reason why same policy cannot be followed by both organisations,as neither as a zero policy.Roll on voting time :thumbsup:   :) Karen

I'm glad you agree with the NNWRF policy on drug testing Karen :thumbsup:

Does that mean that you now believe the results?

ie. The comments you made about our Penny (Pennysworth) at Scotland in 2006 in front of witnesses!

Geoff & Hazel Fletcher who puts hard work and dedication into our dogs, nothing else!

milly said:
rodders said:
rodders said:

I'm glad you agree with the NNWRF policy on drug testing Karen :thumbsup:

Does that mean that you now believe the results?

ie. The comments you made about our Penny (Pennysworth) at Scotland in 2006 in front of witnesses!

Geoff & Hazel Fletcher who puts hard work and dedication into our dogs, nothing else!

Took you long enough to ask Geoff.Best to get your facts right first.Only commented on what you told folk at Scotland,before I arrived.Seems folk like to comment quite a bit and you are more than welcome to comment to me in person.

Karen,this will be my last comment on this subject!

The reason I have not asked you before now about your comments that day is ,I didn't really want to get into an argument about it.But with you saying you agree with the policy on drug testing,it prompted me to question you about your comments that day.

If you were so keen to discuss this in person,why didn't you do just that on the day in question?

Practise what you preach,thats my motto.

When the day comes that we can't give our dogs a drink of tea,and abit of chocolate,then that's the time I will call it a day! :(

If you wish to take this further regarding the results of our Pennys test,I'm sure the NNWRF will be happy to answer any questions :thumbsup:

Geoff & Hazel Fletcher

Find it hard to believe you don't want an argument Geoff as why else bring this up :wacko: but will take your word on that.

My last comments then are. Yes I do believe in drug testing.It should be done by both organisations as far as i'm concerned.As i had not been whippet racing long when your Penny was tested,I was in the naive position of listening to other peoples opinions of organisations,therefore you can understand my mistrust of results when you quite openly stated at Maltby,after Pennys test in Devon infront of witnesses I might add.That you believed the drug test was done on Penny because you were friends with Yvonne and Tony.Don't worry Geoff i've learned since then that not everybodies opinion is correct,and when I hear in future that a 'Test as come back positive for certain substances' I will take it to mean that it is below acceptable levels,unless ofcourse a ban occurs.

Karen

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back