The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bwra Agm

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
my biggest whippet is 21 pound and i still dont agree with the cap :rant: i said before i bred from Baileys comet 26 pound bitch to freewheeler years back :- " got a 22 pounder a 27 a 40 and the biggest 58 pound free comet :) so that would of been no Good to race NOW my opinion is its no limit racing well it WAS :blink: but its no good blaming the committee they are only doing what was proposed :blink: the fairest way would of been for the voting on scratch racing to go to the scratch racers thats the ones it effects

Last edited by a moderator:
mutley said:
my biggest whippet is 21 pound and i still dont agree with the cap :rant:   i said before i bred from Baileys comet 26 pound bitch to freewheeler years back  :- " got a 22 pounder a 27 a 40 and the biggest 58 pound free comet :)   so that would of been no Good to race NOW  my opinion is its no limit racing well it WAS :blink: but its no good blaming the committee they are only doing what was proposed :blink:   the fairest way would of been for the voting on scratch racing to go to the scratch racers thats the ones it effects
no good blaming the comitte, well is don syson not on the committe, and was it not him that put it out to votes...why did he do that if he dont race sc dogs then..and at the meeting he wanted dogs that are already registered banning.. :rant:

sooner said:
The people who doin all the moanin are people breeding greyhoundsAre thr people who got ample oppertunaty to choose their breeding

Program and now only got themselves to blame

ANOTHER NEW MEMBER WITH NO NAME GIVING THERE SARCASTIC COMENTS

JUST REGISTERD TONIGHT. THOUGHT K9 WAS NOT GOING TO ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN

GARY

:rant:

b4 everyone jumps, just a question

if voting for cap on scratch dogs was only to be sent to scratch racers then what about other proposals, are they only to be sent out to people that it concerns , silly really, its for all members to vote, and NO you can NOT blame the comitttee as they can only put forward the proposals that are sent in, it is upto the individual which way they vote

EVEVRYONE CAN HAVE SAME PROPOSALS BUT JUST VOTE ON WHAT CONCERNS THEM AND IF NOT THEN ABSTAIN

debbie said:
b4 everyone jumps, just a question
if voting for cap on scratch dogs was only to be sent to scratch racers then what about  other proposals,  are they only to be sent out to people that it concerns , silly really, its for all members to vote,  and NO you can NOT blame the comitttee as they can only put forward the proposals that are sent in, it is upto the individual which way they vote

Sorry Deb but is not decided prior to the proposal forms / AGM ... weather the new proposals or workable or not ...who decided on it ?

Personally i am not bothered ...had i been i would of sent my form back in and gone to the AGM

I did propose a couple of new proposals but some where found not workable so never got on the proposal forms

carnt see how it would work as i will have at least one if not 2 scrach racers next year but dont have any at the moment so any new rules about scrach would concer me yet i wouldnt get a vote if only scrach races as of now got it. that woulfd be realy difficuit to work that rule out

jasper. said:
mutley said:
my biggest whippet is 21 pound and i still dont agree with the cap :rant:   i said before i bred from Baileys comet 26 pound bitch to freewheeler years back  :- " got a 22 pounder a 27 a 40 and the biggest 58 pound free comet :)   so that would of been no Good to race NOW  my opinion is its no limit racing well it WAS :blink: but its no good blaming the committee they are only doing what was proposed :blink:   the fairest way would of been for the voting on scratch racing to go to the scratch racers thats the ones it effects
no good blaming the comitte, well is don syson not on the committe, and was it not him that put it out to votes...why did he do that if he dont race sc dogs then..and at the meeting he wanted dogs that are already registered banning.. :rant:

no m8 dons not on the bwra committee

My name is phil raced long time ago you was warned 4 to 5 yrs ago

To bring the breeding size down but you all went bigger bigger and bigger

:(

mutley said:

Don't think many k9 users give much creditability to new users posts , when the new user cannot come on and let others know who they are

It cannot be that long ago they raced if they are aware that some breeders of big dogs were warned to down size there breeding programs 4 or 5 years ago

Don't know why some people feel they can not have a opinions on k9 without hiding behind anom names

i was at both meetings reps and agm and at the reps meeting voted that the cap of 55lb should not go out as a proposal i dont feel its workable the only way to bring the breeding weight if needed down is stop breeding greyhound back to 1/2 or 3/4 greyhound and that was already addressed with another proposal,

the proposal to cap at 55lb as everyone voted today will only effect pups that are not reg with the bwra as off the start of this years registration any pup already on the bwra books will stay on and run if they go above 55lb, i also ask if members who reg a pup at the start of this year and that dog then makes 56lb and above and find they cant race in none ped whippet racing (w00t) sorry i mean just the bwra none ped whippet racing lol, will that member get there money back it was after some banter agreed they will,

as far as i can see this cap will only arm the bwra membership its mad :wacko: , the two member who put this proposal forward are both on the top table of the nnwrf who will keep no limit and 1 member who runs the irg who will also keep no limit racing so the only organization that will suffer with a full in membership will be the bwra , well done the 2 members not a bad days work, and yes i know it was the members who voted it in (w00t) (w00t)

did the puppy age changes go through????????????????????

can not get on to bwra site closed until the new year.

hellbound said:
i was at both meetings reps and agm and at the reps meeting voted that the cap of 55lb should not go out as a proposal i dont feel its workable the only way to bring the breeding weight if needed down is stop breeding greyhound back to 1/2 or 3/4 greyhound and that was already addressed with another proposal, the proposal to cap at 55lb as everyone voted today will only effect pups that are not reg with the bwra as off the start of this years registration any pup already on the bwra books will stay on and run if they go above 55lb, i also ask if members who reg a pup at the start of this year and that dog then makes 56lb and above and find they cant race in none ped whippet racing  (w00t) sorry i mean just the bwra none ped whippet racing lol, will that member get there money back it was after some banter agreed they will,

as far as i can see this cap will only arm the bwra membership its mad  :wacko: , the two member who put this proposal forward are both on the top table of the nnwrf who will keep no limit and 1 member who runs the irg who will also keep no limit racing so the only organization that will suffer with a full in membership will be the bwra , well done the 2 members not a bad days work, and yes i know it was the members who voted it in  (w00t)   (w00t)

CAN YOU ANSWER THIS QUESTION FOR ME THEN

I HAVE A PUP FROM MAGICAL DREAMS X KILEACKLE RENI 44LB 13 MONTHS OLD

UNDER THE NEW RULES WILL SHE BE ALOUD TO RUN . SHE IS NOT YET REGISTERD BUT I HAVE TAKEN A LOT OF TIME AND EFFORT TO GET HER READY .

GARY

ALSO IF SHE CANNOT RUN THEN DOES THAT MEAN I CANT BREED WITH HER BECAUSE SHE IS NOT REGISTERD

COS IF I CAN BREED WITH A UNREGISTERD BITCH OR DOG I CAN SAY THEY ARE WHAT EVER I LIKE MAKING A MOCKERY OF THE NEW RULES

:angry:

GARY

DavidH said:
did the puppy age changes go through????????????????????can not get on to bwra site closed until the new year.

PROPOSED J GILL SECOND D HOPPER

TO RAISE THE AGE OF PUPPIES TO TEN MONTHS TO 14 MONTHS

TO RAISE THE AGE OF YEARLINGS TO 14 MONTHS TO 18 MONTHS

FOR 76 AGAINST 81 ABSTAIN 15

Hope this helps david :cheers:

LJR said:
DavidH said:
did the puppy age changes go through????????????????????can not get on to bwra site closed until the new year.

PROPOSED J GILL SECOND D HOPPER

TO RAISE THE AGE OF PUPPIES TO TEN MONTHS TO 14 MONTHS

TO RAISE THE AGE OF YEARLINGS TO 14 MONTHS TO 18 MONTHS

FOR 76 AGAINST 81 ABSTAIN 15

Hope this helps david :cheers:

thank you,close :thumbsup:

DENISE BAILEY said:
can some one explain the % breeding thing ... :thumbsup:
As I understand it Dee you could put a "7/8" grey to a "7/8" grey(Gen1) and then back to a "7/8" grey(Gen2) and then back to a "full" grey.

"7/8" grey x "full" grey = NO

("7/8" grey x "7/8" grey) x "full" grey = NO

("7/8" grey x "7/8" grey) x "7/8" grey) x "full" grey = YES

Though I was awaiting the outcome of this vote as in my opinion this would put a "breeding cap" in place in order to attempt to bring the size down, fair enough but then to put a "weight cap" in place at the same time seemed a bit far fetched. I feel there should have been one proposal or the other brough in for voting but not both, in essence penalising those breeding in the "correct" manner but still get a dog going over the "weight cap".

It's overall a get lucky or tough sh*t scenario IMO but as has been stated before it's not up to the committee or individual members but the membership as a whole, how are we to know the BWRA did not get a large number of proposals put forward along the same lines and the sheer number of proposals induced the committee into putting it to a membership vote as the number of proposals would represent a large proportion of the membership.

Anyway enough, I'm supposed to be prepping not talking !!! :luck: :luck: 5 hours to go !!!

gary farmer said:
hellbound said:
i was at both meetings reps and agm and at the reps meeting voted that the cap of 55lb should not go out as a proposal i dont feel its workable the only way to bring the breeding weight if needed down is stop breeding greyhound back to 1/2 or 3/4 greyhound and that was already addressed with another proposal, the proposal to cap at 55lb as everyone voted today will only effect pups that are not reg with the bwra as off the start of this years registration any pup already on the bwra books will stay on and run if they go above 55lb, i also ask if members who reg a pup at the start of this year and that dog then makes 56lb and above and find they cant race in none ped whippet racing  (w00t) sorry i mean just the bwra none ped whippet racing lol, will that member get there money back it was after some banter agreed they will,

as far as i can see this cap will only arm the bwra membership its mad  :wacko: , the two member who put this proposal forward are both on the top table of the nnwrf who will keep no limit and 1 member who runs the irg who will also keep no limit racing so the only organization that will suffer with a full in membership will be the bwra , well done the 2 members not a bad days work, and yes i know it was the members who voted it in  (w00t)   (w00t)

CAN YOU ANSWER THIS QUESTION FOR ME THEN

I HAVE A PUP FROM MAGICAL DREAMS X KILEACKLE RENI 44LB 13 MONTHS OLD

UNDER THE NEW RULES WILL SHE BE ALOUD TO RUN . SHE IS NOT YET REGISTERD BUT I HAVE TAKEN A LOT OF TIME AND EFFORT TO GET HER READY .

GARY

There was no mention of the start date for M Mottram's passed proposal.Mr Sysons proposal,was where the query came in as to when this would begin.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back