The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bwra Agm

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
fallenangel said:
can i run my new pup then shes from a greyhound mum and vivs quest  dont think she will be over 55lb.she carnt be registerd till next year after shes had her jabs
yes you can long as under 55lb :thumbsup:

sharon whincop said:
Carole I think if some one breeds what ever % it is to a greyhound then no matter what the weight it can't run. Think that's what they mean. I agree with the new way of breeding but pups born already or within the next 9 weeks should be able to run. Capping is a bit stupid as anyone could get a throw back no matter what the breeding. But at the end of the day that's what the majority of members wanted.
thanx shaz i realised that after i posted it is rididulous capping though imo the majority of members who dont have scratch dogs and never will have scratch dogs voted for it.. ridicilous imo. wonder how many scratch racers actually voted for it as after all we r the ones it will affect i voted against it.

ahorsnall said:
fallenangel said:
can i run my new pup then shes from a greyhound mum and vivs quest  dont think she will be over 55lb.she carnt be registerd till next year after shes had her jabs
yes you can long as under 55lb :thumbsup:

thanks it woudnt stop me getting her and i would have just raced her in the feds but do think all rules should start from pups born after a set date say march next year

theres no guarantee 2 big non peds wont throw over 55 pound its pathetic :(

theres some little stud dogs thats mated greyhounds gone well over 55 :blink:

i understand the breeding down of dogs but think it shouldn't come into play right away needs time to work :(

did i read your post right regarding the limit you have set on the irg john :blink:

i dont think these proposals have been given enough thought we need more folks racing not less.

and the fault doesn't fall with the bwra top table they did what was asked :blink: personely i think it should of been put as a non workable proposal

theres no no limit racing now it will be upto 55 scratch racing :blink:

its simply not fair on our scratch members who make up a big part of the sport they wont dare breed anything over 30 pound :angry:

i have a lot of respect for john and don but think it is just stupid to propose this especially when neither own a scratch dog sorry fellas cant help but say what i think .

Last edited by a moderator:
forgot to say no one cared about no limit size until the supreme scratch came in :( you never had a 40 or 36 running with the big fellas so there wasnt a problem :(

Sticking my head very tentatively above the parapet here so please dont knock it off :)

When I proposed the reducing outcrossing of greyhounds I thought it would be as an alternative to weight capping as I like a lot of folks could see the writing on the wall, I never in my wildest dreams thought we would end up with the ludicous situation of having both, we live and learn. I also assumed (and to be fair we have yet to find out) that a date would be picked to start this from, in the case of my proposal something like .....applies to puppies born after 1st April 2009 so that anyone with a litter in the pipe line isnt penalised. In the case of weight capping I think there should certainly be a period of time before this is applied and certainly shouldnt be applied retrospectively to those already registered.

I had thought given the vagueness of Dons proposal that it would require if voted in a further postal vote to deal with the nitty gritty of the issue as it does have such far reaching welfare consequences. I was shocked to hear what the Bwra welfare officers responses were, they seemed callous in the extreme, it would seem that as long as its a big dog no one cares what happens to it if surplus to requirements, people should remember that bigguns can turn up in anyones breeding but it would seem that some people see some dogs as more disposeable than others :rant:

Unfortunately Graham and I were unable to attend due to Grahams being poorly.

SO WITH THIS NEW RULE THAT MEANS I HAVE BRED A LITTER SOLD THEM IN GOOD FAITH .UNDER THE RULES THAT APPLIED , NOW THE PERSON WITH MY PUP THAT PAID GOOD MONEY MAY NOT BE ABLE TO REGISTER IT .WILL THE BWRA REFUND THE MONEY AND HELP TO REHOME IT FOR ME I THINK NOT

THIS PROPOSEAL WAS NOT WORKABLE AND SHOULD HAVE NOT EVEN GONE TO VOTE

:rant: GARY

you would have to be a dna expert to work all that

Out that's why you should stick to whippet lines think I'll waddle off now

Lol

YOU MIGHT THINK YOUR FUNNY SOONER HIDING BEHIND YOUR COMPUTER BUT I DONT SO WATCH WHAT YOU SAY COS I MIGHT JUST FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE

:angry: GARY

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN PEOPLE KEEP TRYING TO CHANGE THINGS HOPE SOME COMMON SENSE IS USED WITH DOGS OR READYED BORN OR MATED BITCHS BECAUSE WHAT HAPPENS TO THEM I DON'T RACE NO LIMIT DOGS BUT LOVE WATCHING THEM WHAT A SORRY STATE. :( :(

mutley said:
forgot to say no one cared about no limit size until the supreme scratch came in  :( you never had a 40 or 36 running with the big fellas so there wasnt a problem :(

gary it's not really about the size of the dogs it's the way they are being bred.

we all know there will be throw backs that go over 55lb even breeding the normal way i.e. small whippet x greyhound ( in my opinion they should be allowed to run because they are bred the correct way)

and the only way to stop people breeding they way they are is to put a cap on them.

hellbound said:
john m said:
hellbound said:
i was at both meetings reps and agm and at the reps meeting voted that the cap of 55lb should not go out as a proposal i dont feel its workable the only way to bring the breeding weight if needed down is stop breeding greyhound back to 1/2 or 3/4 greyhound and that was already addressed with another proposal, the proposal to cap at 55lb as everyone voted today will only effect pups that are not reg with the bwra as off the start of this years registration any pup already on the bwra books will stay on and run if they go above 55lb, i also ask if members who reg a pup at the start of this year and that dog then makes 56lb and above and find they cant race in none ped whippet racing  (w00t) sorry i mean just the bwra none ped whippet racing lol, will that member get there money back it was after some banter agreed they will,

as far as i can see this cap will only arm the bwra membership its mad  :wacko: , the two member who put this proposal forward are both on the top table of the nnwrf who will keep no limit and 1 member who runs the irg who will also keep no limit racing so the only organization that will suffer with a full in membership will be the bwra , well done the 2 members not a bad days work, and yes i know it was the members who voted it in  (w00t)   (w00t)

I am pleased that my finger is on the pulse of whippet racing, and a nearly 2 to 1 majority proves that fact, whilst you are having a pop at me may i defend myself and say that the I.R.G. had a meeting last night and made the top weight limit of scratch racing with the I.R.G. at 40lb, its called having the courage of your confictions. Also i wonder why as a BWRA rep you are so out of touch with the thoughts of its members, no capping you thought, the members voted otherwise, drug testing you said, the members voted otherwise, you seem to make a habit of going against the members wishes, wether it be the BWRA or the now defunct and disgraced NWRF, you carry on your way, and i will mine.

Just because i serve on another body does not mean that i do not support other groups as well, I will do anything for the Bwra on racedays if they require it , In the past i have printed programmes, half way judged in filthy conditions, I did not hear you put up for a working job yesterday.

As for capping not working it already exist in 16 lb, 32 lb form for handicap dogs

the only thing i will say is, I NEW WHAT I WAS SECONDING WITH KAREN PROPOSAL ON DRUG TESTING, IT WOULD SEEM YOU DID,NT as you sent a pm telling karen that Harvey would still be able to race under the proposal to cap at 55lb, maybe you should worry more about what your putting your name to and less about having your finger NOW WHERE WAS IT YOU HAD IT (w00t) (w00t)

as for working for the bwra think back to last years championships program and who did the photo finish this year on both days :p

I take it Karen will be running her dog next year as i said in the PM to Karen

Where i have had my fingers is nothing to do with you unless it was in the till of money that is not mine, If the cap fits wear it

totally disagree john g capping cant work :( but i know where your coming from just think it should be brought in over time regarding the breeding :( but theres always gonna be some poor dog goes over 55 whichever way its bred :( the rule book will also need changing :( i agree with lyndon theres to many changes trying to be put in :angry: its worked well for years not re ally much fun anymore :(

Last edited by a moderator:
just wondering does this mean every big has to be weighed? i ask coz nikki whizz hates being weighed shes about 46/47lb and doesnt look any bigger so wud she still have to b weighed or wud it go off common sense like if your dog doesnt look that big? another thing is when an advert is put in the whippet news and it says the weight classes will it read something like this 36lb sc, 40lb scr and 55lb scr anything over 55lb cant race unless it has already been racing in 2008 or b4? just wondering? :blink:

lets just hope common sense prevails :) and the changes come in over a period of time :blink: but still think the cap wont work

JOHNG said:
mutley said:
forgot to say no one cared about no limit size until the supreme scratch came in  :( you never had a 40 or 36 running with the big fellas so there wasnt a problem :(

gary it's not really about the size of the dogs it's the way they are being bred.

we all know there will be throw backs that go over 55lb even breeding the normal way i.e. small whippet x greyhound ( in my opinion they should be allowed to run because they are bred the correct way)

and the only way to stop people breeding they way they are is to put a cap on them.

I CAN ALSO SEE WHERE YOUR COMMING FROM JOHN BUT WHEN I BRED MY LITTERS I BRED THEM WITHIN THE CURRENT RULES AND THEY SHOULD NOT NOW BE TOLD THEY CAN NOT RUN . I WILL WATCH WHAT I BREED IN THE FUTURE AS I HAVE DONE USING TINKER MAN WITH GREAT SUCSESS

BUT WILL NOT BE TOLD I CAN NOT RUN DOGS THAT HAVE ALREADY BEEN BORN

SURELY WE CAN AGRREE ON THAT

GARY :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back