The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bwra Agm

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
JUST A QUICK QUESTION TO ALL YOU F------------- DO GOODERS WHO WANTS TO PICK UP MY DOGS AND PUPS AND TAKE THEM TO THE VETS TO HAVE THEM PUT TO SLEEP. :rant:

mck said:
:( Im absolutely gutted that this is going ahead i currantly own Flintoff Ash 50lb and a bitch from oscars pridexghd 35lb to be registered thats fine but i bought a pup a few months ago Bigland BoyxMiss Match Mini 8 months old and 40lb i am new to non ped racing only started this year and my guess is this dog will go over 55lb please tell me what i do with him now.  I had my vote and obviously voted against the proposal.  And as for people saying breed smaller whippets with greyhounds it wont work your always get a biggar dog in the litter take StrisandxDenside secret we have a dog down here (Cornwall) from that litter and is 72lb the weights of the litter vary from 50lb down to 20lish, so if the breeders get a litter of pups and one or two look HUGE what do you do then???????  I agree with everyone to give a date for the new propsal to come into affect and give pups already born or to be born a cut off date so we can all sort our selves out and give these dogs a chance to do what they were bred for or we will have alot of dogs about with nothing to do?????
my pup out that litter is 48lb :sweating:

SO IF HE GOS OVER THE WEIGHT THEN CRIS AFTER YOU SPENT ALL YOUR TIME AND MONEY ON HIM . AND HE WAS BORN BEFORE THE NEW RULING

WILL YOU NOT FEEL LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN ROBBED

GARY

GRAHAM PEM said:
JUST A QUICK QUESTION TO ALL YOU F-------------  DO GOODERS WHO WANTS TO PICK UP MY DOGS AND PUPS AND TAKE THEM TO THE VETS TO HAVE THEM PUT TO SLEEP. :rant:
i dont see your point here what happens to all the dogs that dont make the weight too small or are NOT fast enough to open race round the bends, does not mean they have to be pts do what we do keep them or find a good pet home.

lets hope you never get one that goes over 55 then mark how would you like to be told to get your racing dogs a pet home think your well out of order with that comment

m warren said:
GRAHAM PEM said:
JUST A QUICK QUESTION TO ALL YOU F-------------   DO GOODERS WHO WANTS TO PICK UP MY DOGS AND PUPS AND TAKE THEM TO THE VETS TO HAVE THEM PUT TO SLEEP. :rant:
i dont see your point here what happens to all the dogs that dont make the weight too small or are NOT fast enough to open race round the bends, does not mean they have to be pts do what we do keep them or find a good pet home.

Easier to find a pet home for a small whippet , rather that a 55lb + ... how hard is it to re-home greyhounds ... theres thousands in the rescues

m warren said:
GRAHAM PEM said:
JUST A QUICK QUESTION TO ALL YOU F-------------   DO GOODERS WHO WANTS TO PICK UP MY DOGS AND PUPS AND TAKE THEM TO THE VETS TO HAVE THEM PUT TO SLEEP. :rant:

Couldn't have put that better myself - did try to say this but you put it shorter and better than i would have :thumbsup:

so what about the cost of these pups rearing etc and not even getting the chance to race :(

m warren said:
GRAHAM PEM said:

SIMPLE ANSWER BY WHAT I HAVE HEARD THEY WILL NOT GET THE CHANCE TO PROVE THEMSELVES IS THAT RIGHT YOU MUST BE IN THE KNOW.

mutley said:
lets hope you never get one that goes over 55 then mark how would you like to be told to get your racing dogs a pet home think your well out of order with that comment
gary + 55lb or - 16lb thats the risk we all take some dogs get passed from pillar to post even when they are within the weight limit is that a welfare issue ?

Last edited by a moderator:
GRAHAM PEM said:
m warren said:
GRAHAM PEM said:

SIMPLE ANSWER BY WHAT I HAVE HEARD THEY WILL NOT GET THE CHANCE TO PROVE THEMSELVES IS THAT RIGHT YOU MUST BE IN THE KNOW.

all i know is what got said at the meeting i presume you would run them at askern like you did before

m warren said:
mutley said:
gary + 55lb or - 16lb thats the risk we all take some dogs get passed from pillar to post even when they are within the weight limit is that a welfare issue ?

I HAVE 6 BEAUTIFUL DOGS HERE MARK I WILL DROP THEM OFF FOR U TO FIND A PET HOME FOR THEM WILL 2 MORROW BE OK.

yes mark but re homing a small whippet is easer than re homing a big dog i know i helped work with the rescue for years :( I'm not saying dont cap or dont breed down what I'm saying is there should be a date set in advance so people have the chance to do so its unfair on people who already have pups that are not yet registered even the person who proposed the percentage has agreed... it needs time its unfair on people who have traveled miles up and down the country suporting attending events to be told you cant run or register there dogs it needs a time allowance

m warren said:
GRAHAM PEM said:
m warren said:
GRAHAM PEM said:

all i know is what got said at the meeting i presume you would run them at askern like you did before

WERE I RUN MY DOGS HAS GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ISSUE MARK AND CERTAINLY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU.

m warren said:
mutley said:

Ive had loadsa good veted pet homes for my dogs in the past also Ive got dogs at home 15 year old 13 also then all others 8 in total if i feel the need to re home i would but certainly never be told i had to :blink: so what do you mean by welfare issue :blink:

GRAHAM PEM said:
m warren said:
mutley said:

I HAVE 6 BEAUTIFUL DOGS HERE MARK I WILL DROP THEM OFF FOR U TO FIND A PET HOME FOR THEM WILL 2 MORROW BE OK.

YES fine i would rather look for homes myself than have any dogs PTS that dont need to be at the end of the day we are all dog lovers and our dogs are PETS first and im sure you have stated the same yourself in the past

m warren said:
GRAHAM PEM said:
m warren said:
mutley said:

YES fine i would rather look for homes myself than have any dogs PTS that dont need to be at the end of the day we are all dog lovers and our dogs are PETS first and im sure you have stated the same yourself in the past

DOG LOVERS MY ARSE. :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back