The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bwra Agm

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
capping the no limits, its a f***ing joke..you cant turn dogs away, the more dogs the better,in this day and age,... none ped racing will all go tits up. and what makes me laugh is that the people suggesting the capping dont even race f***ing scrach dogs. :rant: tossers..all of em. :rant:

gary farmer said:
milly said:
Will the I R G  be capping their scratch racing, being that John seconded it, and will Don be refusing matings to full bred greyhounds? :rant:
ILL SIT AND WAIT FOR THE RULING BUT IF ANYONE THINKS IM GETTTING REFUSED MEMBERSHIP ON ANY OF MY PUPS THAT ARE BORN THEN THEY BETTER THINK AGAIN

LOOKS LIKE ILL BE PUTTING MY HANDS DEEP IN MY POCKET AND SEEKING LEGAL ADVICE SO I HOPE THEY HAVE THE FUNDS TO FIGHT THERE RULINGS

GARY :rant:

GARY WE WILL JUST HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE RULING AND IF WE NEED TO DIG DEEP INTO OUR POCKETS THEN SO BE IT. :rant:

I wouldnt have thought it possible to start the 55 cap rule from any other date than that of the agm. Because the welfare of dogs we breed and race I would have thought was paramount, and in the BWRA's constitiution to monitor such affairs ( dont they have a welfare officer?), to stop dogs already bred from racing, thus making them redundant, and at greater risk of being homeless, would mean acknowledging that the BWRA had disregarded the risk of such dogs being vulnerable to being rehomed or worse because of their direct actions ( "Their" meaning I guess the people who voted it in)

chris

I came away from the meeting unsure as to what we actually voted on. :wacko: We now know that capping at 55lb was voted in by the membership.The question I put forward was does this affect dogs already registered?Because if you remember your proposal form.It said to cap dogs at 55lb,there was no mention of dogs already registered.Linda Broom said it was discussed at the reps meeting,but it was decided to put it to the floor as to how this should be put into affect.The 2 choices were.1 To cap all dogs including those already registered.2 to cap dogs registered after today.I like the majority voted to allow dogs already registered, to race.I believe 1 voted for option number 1 and a couple of people abstained.However by the time the meeting closed I was left with the opinion that only adults who are already racing would be allowed to do so_Owners of pups that are registered already and yet go over 55lb will have there registration money returned I think.Although we will have to wait on confirmation from the BWRA.Would like to stress though that when I voted in the meeting I voted for all dogs registered to be able to run,would like to know from folk who were there and voted,what they thought they were voting for?

i think the voting should of been done by the scratch racers as it only effects them

rob67 said:
I wouldnt have thought it possible to start the 55 cap rule from any other date than that of the agm. Because the welfare of dogs we breed and race I would have thought was paramount, and in the BWRA's constitiution to monitor such affairs ( dont they have a welfare officer?), to stop dogs already bred from racing, thus making them redundant, and at greater risk of being homeless, would mean acknowledging that the BWRA had disregarded the risk of such dogs being vulnerable to being rehomed or worse because of their direct actions ( "Their" meaning I guess the people who voted it in)
chris

Was told by the welfare officer present today Chris,that because of Harveys size if option 1 was bought in'I would go lurcher racing' :rant: I came into whippet racing because of the concern over injurys from lurcher racing :wacko:

In greyhound racing 'ANY 'dog from a litter is eligable to run.

rodders said:
rob67 said:
chris

Was told by the welfare officer present today Chris,that because of Harveys size if option 1 was bought in'I would go lurcher racing' :rant: I came into whippet racing because of the concern over injurys from lurcher racing :wacko:

In greyhound racing 'ANY 'dog from a litter is eligable to run.

:lol: :oops:

rodders said:
I came away from the meeting unsure as to what we actually voted on. :wacko: We now know that capping at 55lb was voted in by the membership.The question I put forward was does this affect dogs already registered?Because if you remember your proposal form.It said to cap dogs at 55lb,there was no mention of dogs already registered.Linda Broom said it was discussed at the reps meeting,but it was decided to put it to the floor as to how this should be put into affect.The 2 choices were.1 To cap all dogs including those already registered.2 to cap dogs registered after today.I like the majority voted to allow dogs already registered, to race.I believe 1 voted for option number 1 and a couple of people abstained.However by the time the meeting closed I was left with the opinion that only adults who are already racing would be allowed to do so_Owners of pups that are registered already and yet go over 55lb will have there registration money returned I think.Although we will have to wait on confirmation from the BWRA.Would like to stress though that when I voted in the meeting I voted for all dogs registered to be able to run,would like to know from folk who were there and voted,what they thought they were voting for?
THAT IS NOT GOOD ENOUUGH

I HAVE PUPS BRED WITH MORE THAN HALF GREYHOUND IN THEM ONLY WEIGHS 44LB 13 MONTHS OLD BUT NOT YET REGISTERD SPENT A LOT OF TIME AND MONEY ONE THEM I WILL NOT BE TOLD TO GET RID LETS SEE WHAT DEFRA HAVE TO SAY ABOUT IT

ALSO HAVE PUPS THAT MAY GO OVER THE CAPPING LIMIT DO I HAVE THEM DESTROYED NOW OR FEED THEM SOME MORE OR MAYBE STARVE THEM SO THEY CAN RUN

ITS A LOAD OF BOLLOCKS :rant:

GARY

what great news surely whippets are little dogs over 32lb should be greyhounds lurchers or mongrels

gary farmer said:
rodders said:
THAT IS NOT GOOD ENOUUGH

I HAVE PUPS BRED WITH MORE THAN HALF GREYHOUND IN THEM ONLY WEIGHS 44LB 13 MONTHS OLD BUT NOT YET REGISTERD SPENT A LOT OF TIME AND MONEY ONE THEM I WILL NOT BE TOLD TO GET RID LETS SEE WHAT DEFRA HAVE TO SAY ABOUT IT

ALSO HAVE PUPS THAT MAY GO OVER THE CAPPING LIMIT DO I HAVE THEM DESTROYED NOW OR FEED THEM SOME MORE OR MAYBE STARVE THEM SO THEY CAN RUN

ITS A LOAD OF BOLLOCKS :rant:

GARY

They should be allowed to race, infact it should only be the scratch racer's to vote on capping :rant: we don't interfere with the handicap racing.

Proposal 1 M L MOTTRAM SECOND C BRECON

BREEDERS TO CONTINUE TO OUTCROSS TO GREYHOUND BUT AFTER AN OUTCROSS PROGENY MAY NOT BE OUT CROSSED TO ANOTHER GREYHOUND FOT TWO GENERATIONS. THIS WOULD BE DONE BY NOT ALLOWING THE REGISTRATION OF PUPPIES FOR RACING IF THEY FALL WITHIN THESE CRITERA. AS WITH ALL THINGS IN WHIPPET RACING THIS WOULD BE DEPENDENT ON THE INTEGRITY OF MEMBERS

FOR 123 AGAINST 36 ABSTAIN 13

Proposal2 D SYSON SECOND J MEADES

TO CAP SCRATCH DOGS WITH 55LB LIMIT

FOR 100 AGAINST 54 ABSTAIN 18

Find it hard to belive people are complaing about proposals when only 172 forms were returned when 311 sent. Also if members were that concerned why not attend the meeing :(

BWRA CAN ONLY BRING IN WHAT ITS MEMBERS VOTE FOR

your right lisa but its the proposals that havnt been given enough thought :( its not the fault of the committee

people may be jumping the gun maybe when an official date for the rules to start should be waited for or a committee person could answer it in k9

jasper. said:
to many f***ing chiefs in the bwra.
Not the commitee's fault Maurice.The proposals were voted on by the membership.Although alot of voting forms haven't been returned :( It is a democratic vote with the majority vote being carried

so why should someone even need to vote on sc racing if they dont have a sc dog to race... ?

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back