The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bwra Agm

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
got-the-cent said:
milly said:
got-the-cent said:
ye but linda would it work.(as u and i know it did way back then lol ) and would it stop a lot of these greyhound look alikes been around ?
Maybe we could have a 1/4" allowance :- "

yes but as we know some would want extra 1/2" :- "

:lol: :thumbsup:

as soon as ben [sun prince] had he,s last injection i took him down the beach with my older dog and let him run around when he was tired i put him back on the lead that was hes training free running. he never ever run in a puppy open and only ever run once or twice in a yearling race ,he started schooling at newton aycliffe around 13month old first solos then against sauve dancer then gradually against 2or3dogs then into club racing and luckily into open class

My opinion and it is only my opinion that when a pup is let to free run on the beach or the field they go at their own pace and stop when tired,but put a pup behind a lure and they are put under stress and pressure that make them run faster than they need to hence over stirding and causing injuries

My  opinion and it is only my opinion that when a pup is let  to free run on the beach or the field they go at their own pace and stop when tired,but  put a pup behind a lure and they are put under stress and pressure that make them run faster than they need to hence over stirding and causing injuries

COULD NOT HAVE PUT THAT BETTER MYSELF

NO HONEST I COULDNT

SPOT ON :thumbsup:

GARY

Last edited by a moderator:
jeffb said:
as soon as  ben [sun prince] had he,s last injection i took him down the beach with my older dog and let him run around when he was tired i put him back on  the lead that was hes training free running. he never ever run in a puppy open and only ever run once or twice in a yearling race ,he started schooling at newton aycliffe around 13month old first solos then against sauve dancer then gradually against 2or3dogs then into club racing and luckily into open class                                                                       My  opinion and it is only my opinion that when a pup is let  to free run on the beach or the field they go at their own pace and stop when tired,but  put a pup behind a lure and they are put under stress and pressure that make them run faster than they need to hence over stirding and causing injuries

What age do you think you should put a young dog around a greyhound track Jeff?

milly said:
jeffb said:
as soon as  ben [sun prince] had he,s last injection i took him down the beach with my older dog and let him run around when he was tired i put him back on  the lead that was hes training free running. he never ever run in a puppy open and only ever run once or twice in a yearling race ,he started schooling at newton aycliffe around 13month old first solos then against sauve dancer then gradually against 2or3dogs then into club racing and luckily into open class                                                                        My  opinion and it is only my opinion that when a pup is let  to free run on the beach or the field they go at their own pace and stop when tired,but  put a pup behind a lure and they are put under stress and pressure that make them run faster than they need to hence over stirding and causing injuries

What age do you think you should put a young dog around a greyhound track Jeff?

I would never put a dog/bitch(whippet)round until its at least one half yrs old.Do not know about greyhounds though

like i said that is my opinion i think the dog will tell you when its ready not you the dog what i mean by this is watch the dog its attitude manner its reactions

anyway you know more than i do this is an opinion :cheers:

jeffb said:
like i said that is my opinion i think the dog will tell you  when its ready not you the dog  what i mean by this is watch the dog its attitude manner its  reactions                                                                                                          anyway you know more than i do this is an opinion  :cheers:

My opinion - a dog is ready for the bends when you feel that it has the strength to cover the distance of a bend track at a good pace, has it's feet, is confident in it's own physical ability and has shown you by it's actions free running that it will be able to handle twists and turns and is confidently able to avoid obstacles without causing danger to other dogs or injury to itself (it's one thing to go round a track, it's quite another to go round a track and be able to get out of the way should an incident occur :thumbsup: )

So I think that's similar to Jeffb's then :eek:

Right that's it I'm off to bed - if I can't sleep because of thoughts/ideas running through my head I'm going to blame all you lot I've just been talking to (w00t) .

Nitey nite all :huggles:

jeffb said:
like i said that is my opinion i think the dog will tell you  when its ready not you the dog  what i mean by this is watch the dog its attitude manner its  reactions                                                                                                          anyway you know more than i do this is an opinion  :cheers:

I've always respected your opinion Jeff :thumbsup:

still never got my forms lol but nowt suprised me in this whippet racing game now lol

Thought it wasn't a very good turnout for agm.Just to let everyone know.Drug testing will not be reinstated,and there is now a cap on dogs over 55lb.Due to members present,this will not affect adult dogs already racing.Marie's proposal over the breeding of whippets with greyhounds as also been voted in.Can't remember all the other results so perhaps someone could add them.

I usually go to represent Dawdon club. Due to the dogs being bad I thought it a good idea to stay away this year. Sure we'll get to know what went on in time.

Cap on over 55lb'ers.....

Who's transporting the new scales to check them-Lol

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back