The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bwra Agm

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
got-the-cent said:
rob67 said:
Think something needs to be done to regulate the breeding and registering, and appreciate the fact that people are being creative to achieve this, but considering people cant agree now on what is whippet like in appearance, not sure if this would be resolved. Just worried it would stop those people who might want to try the sport from coming into it.
I know i'm prob being thick, but  how do you prove a whippet is not a greyhound? :)

chris

21" height limit will sort a lot out :- "

bloody hell that would be TILLIE out then and she only wieghs 26lb (w00t)

ye but linda would it work.(as u and i know it did way back then lol ) and would it stop a lot of these greyhound look alikes been around ?

Wonder how many dogs that would stop racing if that rule was to be brought in? (am away to find a tape measure cos find it hard to imagaine a foot never mind 21")

Not sure if anything so drastic has to happen, same goes for 55lb limit. Not sure if that makes things any better. Has there ever been a cap that worked before.............come on some of you oldies, tell us about the past :)

chris

Last edited by a moderator:
:) What would you say the breeding of these two are,? deffo whippet like in appearance and both litter brothers.

041.jpg

lizardpoint010.jpg

I would be very interested in your opinions. :thumbsup: Diane

Karen-Coral said:
The 32lb cap worked in 1968==

steve

Is that when it was introduced steve? Thats 40 yrs ago :lol: Imagine all the poor dogs that would have to not race if that were the case now. :(

chris

gabbitas31 said:
:) What would you say the breeding of these two are,? deffo whippet like in appearance and both litter brothers.
041.jpg

lizardpoint010.jpg

I would be very interested in your opinions. :thumbsup: Diane

They look like whippets to me diane..................cant quite see the bream :lol: but then I cant see a carp either !!

Whatever they are they are beautiful :)

chris

got-the-cent said:
ye but linda would it work.(as u and i know it did way back then lol ) and would it stop a lot of these greyhound look alikes been around ?
Maybe we could have a 1/4" allowance :- "

:thumbsup: Thanks Kris, their mother was whippetxbedlington, she was mated to a pure whippet, so does this make them non ped whippets, or just whippet,bedlington crosses, ??? i run them as lurchers because they can't run as pure whippets. :(

If they are whippet like in appearance (which they are, and have been called so most of their running lives) can they run as non peds???? I'm really not sure what the answer is, but it would be nice if i could run them on the straights along with Leia who is a true non ped. :lol: Di

Any feed back would be nice. ;)

gabbitas31 said:
:thumbsup: Thanks Kris, their mother was whippetxbedlington, she was mated to a pure whippet, so does this make them non ped whippets, or just whippet,bedlington crosses, ??? i run them as lurchers because they can't run as pure whippets.  :( If they are whippet like in appearance (which they are, and have been called so most of their running lives) can they run as non peds???? I'm really not sure what the answer is, but it would be nice if i could run them on the straights along with Leia who is a true non ped. :lol: Di

Any feed back would be nice. ;)

they would'nt be as fast so would be pointless,unless you run them at club level in a time handicap :- "

but they do look nice :thumbsup:

:) Thanks for your reply JOHNG, i know they wouldn't stand a chance against the non peds of today, but it's heart braking to hear them going made in their cadges when we take Leia to race, just thought if they could have a run it might shut them up a bit. :lol: Di

gabbitas31 said:
:) Thanks for your reply JOHNG, i know they wouldn't stand a chance against the non peds of today, but it's heart braking to hear them going made in their cadges when we take Leia to race, just thought if they could have a run it might shut them up a bit. :lol: Di
u cud always ask 4 a run up with them both during a break im sure most places wud let u. :thumbsup:

got-the-cent said:
rob67 said:
Think something needs to be done to regulate the breeding and registering, and appreciate the fact that people are being creative to achieve this, but considering people cant agree now on what is whippet like in appearance, not sure if this would be resolved. Just worried it would stop those people who might want to try the sport from coming into it.
I know i'm prob being thick, but  how do you prove a whippet is not a greyhound? :)

chris

21" height limit will sort a lot out :- "

in europe it is 22inch all in, any weight off scratch,so the dogs tend to be the same size.,, 21 inch theres some middle weights that tall.all mine are over that i would have nowt no run, 211/2 to 221/2 the 3 3 of them 30, 33,36.

sherry said:
gabbitas31 said:
u cud always ask 4 a run up with them both during a break im sure most places wud let u. :thumbsup:
:thumbsup: Thanks Sherry, that's the sort of answer i was looking for, i don't mind walking the lure down so my two little ones could have a run. ;) Diane

At Manton we had a lovely little Bedlington x Whippet that ran in our handicap and altho she wasnt the fastest she did have a few wins on the handicap system and loved every minute and was whippet like in appearance too!!!!!!! 24lb in weight not sure of her height but ffitted the 'in appearance' bit very well in my personal opinion more so than some (w00t) (w00t)

Ditto said:
At Manton we had a lovely little Bedlington x Whippet that ran in our handicap and altho she wasnt the fastest she did have a few wins on the handicap system and loved every minute and was whippet like in appearance too!!!!!!! 24lb in weight not sure of her height but ffitted the 'in appearance' bit very well in my personal opinion more so than some (w00t)   (w00t)

there was a 21 inch lurcher bitch schooled to the lure at aycliffe. she cleaned up all the lurcher simulated courseing around our area :thumbsup: but it was 10 yard off or whippy pace.bedlington whippet. theres a local lad got a beauty, johng knows the lad. guess what its out of wor john :D try and get a pic,lovely looking dog :wub:

rob67 said:
got-the-cent said:
milly said:
got-the-cent said:
Maybe we could have a 1/4" allowance :- "

yes but as we know some would want extra 1/2" :- "

Some might want even more :lol:

chris

??? IS THAT AN EXTRA 1/2 INCH OR FOOT :D

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back