The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bwra Agm

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
so Will the 55 cap affect any puppies born before the agm date or the breeding of whippet greyhounds over the percentages :blink: bet most who voted for the cap dont even own a scratch dog :- " shulda just done away with supreme scratch then no limit 40 and 36 would never race against each other :blink: no limit would of still meant no limit wich it can no longer be called

DONT WANT TO PUT ANYBODY UNDER PRESSURE AFTER A LONG JOURNEY BUT AM REALLY INTERESTED TO KNOW THE RULE REGARDING GREYHOUND BLOODLINES OBVIOSLY DOGS ALREADY BORN OR MATED CANNOT BE PENALISED//.

Will the I R G be capping their scratch racing, being that John seconded it, and will Don be refusing matings to full bred greyhounds? :rant:

Last edited by a moderator:
exsactly :(

hopefully someone will put the minutes of todays meeting on here. im looking forward to finding out where and when the straight opens start. :thumbsup:

can some one explain the % breeding thing ... :thumbsup:

milly said:
Will the I R G  be capping their scratch racing, being that John seconded it, and will Don be refusing matings to full bred greyhounds? :rant:
ILL SIT AND WAIT FOR THE RULING BUT IF ANYONE THINKS IM GETTTING REFUSED MEMBERSHIP ON ANY OF MY PUPS THAT ARE BORN THEN THEY BETTER THINK AGAIN

LOOKS LIKE ILL BE PUTTING MY HANDS DEEP IN MY POCKET AND SEEKING LEGAL ADVICE SO I HOPE THEY HAVE THE FUNDS TO FIGHT THERE RULINGS

GARY :rant:

it wouldn't be fair to do it straight away :blink: cant see that being the case surly its common sense to not let it apply to puppies already born :blink: need to get confermation from the bwra gaz

I QUITE AGREE WITH YOU GARY, AS SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T OWN ANY LARGE WHIPPETS I FEEL MY OPINION IS IMPARTIAL. WE ARE ALL DOG LOVERS AND IF WE DON'T ALLOW PUPS THAT ARE ALREADY BORN TO RUN WHAT IS TO BECOME OF THEM? ARE THEY ALL TO BE PUT DOWN!! I THINK ANY RULING SHOULD APPLY TO MATINGS FROM TODAYS DATE THEN PEOPLE KNOW WHERE THEY STAND.

milly said:
Will the I R G  be capping their scratch racing, being that John seconded it, and will Don be refusing matings to full bred greyhounds? :rant:
There will only be one class of scratch racing at the I.R.G. events, any dog above 32lb in weight will run in that class. Those larger dogs wont fit into the traps for Straight racing

Dont try to get at me Geoff, get at those who took no notice of the Asfordby agm some years ago, if notice had have been taken then there would have been no need to bring the cap in.

Aint seen any of Don's Breeding to Greyhounds go above 55lb as yet, but all matings to greyhounds will have to make sure the whippet throws on the smaller side.

Anyone can open a scratch size club if they wish and bar handicap size dogs. Be my guest

john m said:
milly said:
There will only be one class of scratch racing at the I.R.G. events, any dog above 32lb in weight will run in that class. Those larger dogs wont fit into the traps for Straight racing

Dont try to get at me Geoff, get at those who took no notice of the Asfordby agm some years ago, if notice had have been taken then there would have been no need to bring the cap in.

Aint seen any of Don's Breeding to Greyhounds go above 55lb as yet, but all matings to greyhounds will have to make sure the whippet throws on the smaller side.

Anyone can open a scratch size club if they wish and bar handicap size dogs. Be my guest

DEMONIC LOVE WELL OVER 55 LB

gary farmer said:
john m said:
milly said:

Roo was 62lb at heavest Viv's Quest x Fatimas Vintage

sorry you are correct, john meades,

Having trouble to find another.

SORRY TO HAVE TO BRING HIM UP GREAT DOG LOVED WATCHING HIM

GARY :thumbsup:

john m said:
sorry you are correct, john meades,

Having trouble to find another.

STILL LOVED WATCHING HIM RUN AND THAT ONE MEANS THERE COULD BE MORE TO COME

YOU REALLY HAVENT THOUGHT WHO THIS WILL AFFECT

YOU DONT EVEN HAVE TO RUN AGAINST THEM SO WHY ARE YOU SO AGANST

DOGS THAT HAVE BEEN PAYING FOR YOUR TRACKS FOR YEARS NOW

UTTER MADNESS :rant:

GARY

i have a 5 and a half month old pup out of le belle and she weighs in at 36lb now

so what is she going to be when she is ready to race,cause there will be no way

that i would have her put down and them that agreed to the capping want there head looked at. ( hope some day they get a heavy weight so they will see what its like)

john m said:
milly said:

Ok then John, what was the reason to cap at 55lbs?

This is not a dig at the NNWRF, but I can't believe the president of the fed proposed to cap dogs over 55lb, when the NNWRF have brought in the new weight group to accomadate these scratch dogs, which a agree with :thumbsup:

i agree geoff but they are also bwra members i totaly think its bollox i dont think its been thought through properly

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back