The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bwra Agm

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
White wine don't do red - for some reason red wine dont like me lol

after 12 months my opinion is they are no longer pups....100% totally agree :thumbsup:

sherry said:
and still i wait for some nice person 2 let me know wot they r as i havent got mine yet :(   thanx for the one u let me know fleesh and yes great idea jaqs  :thumbsup:
Hey Karen we're nice Carole said so ;)

DENISE BAILEY said:
rodders said:
DENISE BAILEY said:
rodders said:
sherry said:
someone is bound 2 propose banning kickboards and capping no limits  :- "  :lol:   im jokingggggggggggg :lol:
bet there were a few proposals regarding the big dogs Carole :( :sweating:

Think the proposals are really good this year , just got one question for rodders , as you are the proposer

The bwra to bring back drug testing ... ETC how did you come up with the costing on your proposal

Not having a dig or anything i know the NNWRF have recosted ours for next year ... but only just received hfl 2009 price list ?

Not my costing Dee,think the BWRA must of added that bit on the bottom

Came on this morning to ask you if you thought the costing was wrong Dee?but your last post has changed :wacko: Is somebody messing about with peoples posts :- "

whippeteerThe1st said:
pups 10 months to 14 months ,,,,sounds a better age to race them at,,,  :thumbsup:
if this gets voted in we might see more dogs making it to the track.starting dogs at 6/7 month very chancie,so many pick up injurys that affect there racing career.

ask the people who check your dogs when a dog is ready to put behind a lure.

everybody have there ideas, one indication start them when the knuckle has gone as they are fully grown then. mine are h/ws started at 11 1/2month and 12 1/2 month. would think bentley will be similar.

rodders said:
OK Carole here goes but in brief :lol:
You know Jacs proposal

Mine was drug testing exactly the same as Fed

Cap Scratch dogs at 55lb  D Syson

Continue outcrossing to greyhounds,but resulting progeny not to be out crossed to a greyhound for 2 generations    M  Mottram    :thumbsup: Got to add think this is much better way of bringing size down than capping

To try and keep some sort of check on breeding,by the BWRA introducing a breeders form(of which there is a copy)   

Straight & Veteran championships should be for non racing champions only,as the Sidewinder Saunter is for racing champions only

Spring/Autumn puppy/yearling Championships.Scratch classes should be split into there respective weight groups .Puts them in line with adult and veteran champs

To help the national register,a do9gs race name can be reused after 12 years unless it is a racing champion

All the above proposed by A Armstrong

To raise the age of puppies to  run from 10 months to 14 months and to raise the age of yearlings to run from 14 months to 18 months      J Gill

If drug testing is reintroduced it should be totally random with no prior notice        D Heath

The comittee should hold their positions for 5 years unless they wish to leave

D Bailey

Now i've got typers cramp  :lol:

thought pups could run at 8 months

I doubt whether it will stop people having pups ready at 6/7mths David but it will mean that the likelihood of pups being schooled properly is improved and people are under less pressure to rush their youngsters.

If nothing else it means that a pup will race on the club handicap or in grouped trials for a few weeks or a few months in order to get the hang of things and so when in a puppy race will behave correctly and pose less of a danger to the other pups :thumbsup:

DavidH said:
whippeteerThe1st said:
pups 10 months to 14 months ,,,,sounds a better age to race them at,,,  :thumbsup:
if this gets voted in we might see more dogs making it to the track.starting dogs at 6/7 month very chancie,so many pick up injurys that affect there racing career.

everybody have there ideas, one indication start them when the knuckle has gone as they are fully grown then. mine are h/ws started at 11 1/2month and 12 1/2 month. would think bentley will be similar.

Not really David, people will still run young dogs in club opens and aim to get them ready before their time for Scottish & English Derbys - BWRA have no control over this. Although i like the idea of pups starting at 10 months i think a 6 month age gap is too much, some dogs at 14 months are capable of winning full opens.

i personally think its up 2 each individual when they start schooling their own dog i wudnt wait till a pup that was ready imo i wudnt wait till it was 10 months old regardless if thats when i cud run it or not. its up 2 u not who checks your dogs, not the bwra etc etc. example my dogs mickey whizz racing all the way @ 8 months old scottish derby r up 18 months old. whisper whizz didnt start racing properly till he was 15 months old, nikki whizz 9 months old all big dogs all different. if this comes in u r only going to have 3 months of yearling racing 15 to 18 months and u cud b racing a 10 month old pup with a 14 month old yearling. think about it very carefully.

rodders said:
DENISE BAILEY said:
rodders said:
DENISE BAILEY said:
rodders said:
sherry said:
someone is bound 2 propose banning kickboards and capping no limits  :- "  :lol:   im jokingggggggggggg :lol:
bet there were a few proposals regarding the big dogs Carole :( :sweating:

Think the proposals are really good this year , just got one question for rodders , as you are the proposer

The bwra to bring back drug testing ... ETC how did you come up with the costing on your proposal

Not having a dig or anything i know the NNWRF have recosted ours for next year ... but only just received hfl 2009 price list ?

Not my costing Dee,think the BWRA must of added that bit on the bottom

Came on this morning to ask you if you thought the costing was wrong Dee?but your last post has changed :wacko: Is somebody messing about with peoples posts :- "

Just wondered where the figures came from , maybe a breakdown should of been added too

WHAT DO PEOPLE RECKON TO THE REGISTRATION OF OF LITTERS BEFORE THEY ARE 6 WEEKS OLD

I THINK ITS A GREAT IDEA...MORE WORK FOR LYN THOUGH LOL :D

friggsy said:
rodders said:
OK Carole here goes but in brief :lol:
You know Jacs proposal

Mine was drug testing exactly the same as Fed

Cap Scratch dogs at 55lb   D Syson

Continue outcrossing to greyhounds,but resulting progeny not to be out crossed to a greyhound for 2 generations     M  Mottram    :thumbsup: Got to add think this is much better way of bringing size down than capping

To try and keep some sort of check on breeding,by the BWRA introducing a breeders form(of which there is a copy)    

Straight & Veteran championships should be for non racing champions only,as the Sidewinder Saunter is for racing champions only

Spring/Autumn puppy/yearling Championships.Scratch classes should be split into there respective weight groups .Puts them in line with adult and veteran champs

To help the national register,a do9gs race name can be reused after 12 years unless it is a racing champion

All the above proposed by A Armstrong

To raise the age of puppies to  run from 10 months to 14 months and to raise the age of yearlings to run from 14 months to 18 months      J Gill

If drug testing is reintroduced it should be totally random with no prior notice        D Heath

The comittee should hold their positions for 5 years unless they wish to leave

D Bailey

Now i've got typers cramp  :lol:

thought pups could run at 8 months

Is it not 8 months for the bwra and 9 months for the fed? Think people are on about increasing the time you have to wait before racing their dogs.

chris

DavidH said:
whippeteerThe1st said:

spot on david h :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

comeonsteveuk said:
DavidH said:
whippeteerThe1st said:

i personally think its up to the individual when they think their pups ready to run

think theres nothing wrong with the age limits now for puppies

what will it be called if voted in?

not the puppy championships surely 14months not a puppy

stuart worcs said:
comeonsteveuk said:
DavidH said:
whippeteerThe1st said:

i personally think its up to the individual when they think their pups ready to run

I think ages are ok now as well.................think it's the amount of training that some people give their pups to do, and how quickly they get them behind a rag and in races that causes the bother, not the age they are started. All our dogs have started and progressed at different times.

chris

stuart worcs said:
comeonsteveuk said:
DavidH said:
whippeteerThe1st said:

TOTALLY AGREE

Fleesh said:
I doubt whether it will stop people having pups ready at 6/7mths David but it will mean that the likelihood of pups being schooled properly is improved and people are under less pressure to rush their youngsters.
If nothing else it means that a pup will race on the club handicap or in grouped trials for a few weeks or a few months in order to get the hang of things and so when in a puppy race will behave correctly and pose less of a danger to the other pups  :thumbsup:

thats it no dog is ready at 6/ 7 months,they still pups and should be treat as pups.

not trimed down to race weight. (not set up)

ask anybody that check dogs,1 in our area thinks most of whippet racers are idiots

starting dogs before they are set up,bring dogs back far to early after injury.he cannot be arced with some of them. they know what they are talking about.

stuart worcs said:
comeonsteveuk said:
DavidH said:
whippeteerThe1st said:

mature puppy :thumbsup: why dont clubs put a capping age on putting pups behind a lure 8 month,still to early for me. when you hear pups screaming with fatal damage after schooling accident,a little bit of whippet racing dies in me. is this right NO.i know i am to careful with mine, but firstly they are our family pets. i.m.o

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back