The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bwra Bends

mutley

THE KING
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
dont know how true it is :unsure: but i hear they are using whippet traps for all races at bwra events on the bends including scratch anyone know how true it is :blink:

If thats true and the majority of the scratch lads and lasses want to use the greyhound traps, and refuse to use the small whippet traps, where do they stand regarding B W R A rules? THAT'S IF IT'S TRUE

Geoff

Let us hope that it is not true and common sense is the order of the day just for a change we all know it is often in short supply within Whippet racing we can not be allienating any one from the sport with silly rules or anything else for that matter---live and let live--if it aint broke then no need to fix it ----

steve

seems a lot of messing about, bringing whippet traps, in and out of stadium.. :angry:

if this is true can you let us know whos decision it was to use these traps and for what reason they want to do it.

Best thing to do is go on BWRA site and email Malcolm Clarke and get it from horses mouth Graham--or ring him upand ask him ---sure someone will have a number for him--no good speculating on here and getting all wound up if it aint true is there--

steve

milly said:
If thats true and the majority of the scratch lads and lasses want to use the greyhound traps, and refuse to use the small whippet traps, where do they stand regarding B W R A rules?    THAT'S IF IT'S TRUE                Geoff

i agree with what geoff says what if majority dont want to use other traps

also agree with steve :if it isnt broke why try n fix it??????? :rant:

mutley said:
dont know how true it is  :unsure: but i hear they are using whippet traps for all races at bwra events on the bends  including scratch anyone know how true it is :blink:
SURELY THIS CAN'T BE TRUE ?. Only a complete nonce would come up with this idea.

If it was April 1st, I would understand, as it isn't, it sounds like someone has got the 'paddle' out. Let's hope common sense prevails.

if youre looking for they answer it quite clearly states it on page 20 of januarys whippet news it states

wherever possible!! that whippet traps would be used!

Looks like our Harvey is done before he starts :( What is it with some whippet folk :rant: Karen

piglet said:
if youre looking for they answer it quite clearly states it on page 20 of januarys whippet news it states

Correct it says that T Cooper pointed out that in 2003 the proposal was voted in that scratch dogs be allowed run at any BWRA event if they can fit into the existing standard whippet traps. All future BWRA events, bends and straights will be run out of whippet traps whenever possible, as voted on at the 2006 reps meeting

mmmmmmmmmmmmm next

OK THEN, SO THEY INTEND TO DRAG 5 WHIPPET TRAPS, TO ALL THE BEND VENUES, JUST TO PREVENT A HANDFULL OF BIG DOGS FROM RUNNING.. WHAT HAPPEND TO POSTAL VOTES...... START TO TURN DOGS AWAY, AND IT WILL ALL GO TITS UP...NONE PED RACING NEEDS MORE DOGS,..NOT LESS. :angry:

jasper. said:
OK THEN, SO THEY INTEND TO DRAG 5 WHIPPET TRAPS, TO ALL THE BEND VENUES, JUST TO PREVENT A HANDFULL OF BIG DOGS FROM RUNNING.. WHAT HAPPEND TO POSTAL VOTES...... START TO TURN DOGS AWAY, AND IT WILL ALL GO TITS UP...NONE PED  RACING NEEDS MORE DOGS,..NOT LESS. :angry:

well said jasper

milly said:
piglet said:

Correct it says that T Cooper pointed out that in 2003 the proposal was voted in that scratch dogs be allowed run at any BWRA event if they can fit into the existing standard whippet traps. All future BWRA events, bends and straights will be run out of whippet traps whenever possible, as voted on at the 2006 reps meeting

mmmmmmmmmmmmm next

The solution to the problem, if there ever was a problem, lies in the wording "wherever possible". The scratch dogs would possibly injure themselves in the whippet traps, therefore it "isn't possible". We don't want dogs getting injured, now do we?.

i packed in whippet racing 3 years ago ,and at that time ppl were moaning about scr dogs in one way or an other .

i now rejoin whippet racing and guess what their still moaning its f%&^*g pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

simpson said:
i packed in whippet racing 3 years ago ,and at that time ppl were moaning about scr dogs in one way or an other .i now rejoin whippet racing and guess what their still moaning its f%&^*g pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we all know whippet racing wouldnt be whippet racing without the moaning!! i think its pretty funny!!!

simpson said:
i packed in whippet racing 3 years ago ,and at that time ppl were moaning about scr dogs in one way or an other .i now rejoin whippet racing and guess what their still moaning its f%&^*g pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is..... f%&^*g.... flipping :- " .

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back