The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bwra Dates

Doreen Hopkins

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi everyone, we have just got back from the reps meeting and theses are the dates that were decided on for 2006

Tyrone Bend Open Sunday March 12th 2006 ( Hall Green ) to be confirmed

BWRA Bend Championships Sunday March 26th 2006 ( Hall Green ) to be confirmed

Spring Pups + ABCDE racing Worcester Sunday April 2nd 2006

Lord Byron Plate Dawdon Sunday May 7th 2006

IBM/Grasscutter Thurrock Sunday May 14th 2006 ( to be confirmed )

Club Teams Kingswinford Sunday August 13th 2006 ( to be confirmed )

National Straight Championships Kingswinford August 26th/27th 2006 ( to be confirmed)

Jack Cadman + Autumn Pups Sunday October 1st 2006 ( Old Hall to be approached about staging this event )

This will hopefully have spread the BWRA events around the country as fair as possible.

The dates that state venue to be confirmed will be done so as soon we can give a firm answere

Devon have very kindly stated that they are prepared to stage any of the BWRA events should we have a problem with any of the other venues.

regards to you all Doreen

Spring Pups + ABCDE racing Worcester Sunday April 2nd 2006

Lord Byron Plate Dawdon Sunday May 7th 2006

Tyrone

so the bwra have just left asfordby completely. after all the hard work that has been done with the track and everything that has gone on unbelieable.

woohoo spring pups 2nd april kez still a pup till the 21st. something to aim for. ;)

piglet said:
so the bwra have just left asfordby completely. after all the hard work that has been done with the track and everything that has gone on unbelieable.

whats the point in trying pidge if they dont want us there :eek:

Doesnt seem like things have been spread fairly round the country, not one open in Scotland! I asume by the country you mean England. Think you should just change the name to the english whippet racing association as that what it seems to be.

George Haggart, Scottish secretary

Hastings, Bathgate, Cullompton & Portsmouth to ASKERN/HIGHGATE/(KINSLEY) - around 5 hours drive.

Cullompton, Portsmouth to HALL GREEN/KINGSWINFORD - around 3 hours

Hasting around 4 hours

Bathgate SIX hours.

Hardly seems like an even distribution - even in England.

Just because it's called the West Midlands doesn't mean it's the middle of the "RACING COUNTRY" !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
stormy weathers said:
Doesnt seem like things have been spread fairly round the country, not one open in Scotland! I asume by the country you mean England. Think you should just change the name to the english whippet racing association as that what it seems to be.
George Haggart, Scottish secretary

thats what i said george i,m sure kirkaldy offfered there track for opens and you can,t say you don,t have the good tracks or facilities cause they are spot on.

I,d chose scottish opens anytime.

:rant: well looks like i,ll have to get a second job or move house to down south to go open racing next year with the bwra :clown: well done the nnwrf for spreading the opens all around the country and not just england(south)

posted by gary

cinnamon said:
:rant: well looks like i,ll  have to get a second job or move house to down south to go open racing next year with the bwra :clown:   well done the nnwrf for spreading the opens all around the country and not just england(south)

posted by gary

Manchester (bearing in mind track is just 10 mins off M6 & 5 mins off M60) is considered too far north for the national BWRA events, so the north east and Scotland dont have a prayer :(

To be fair to the BWRA the reps meeting that was held yesterday to discuss and decide on dates and venues was again poorly attended for e.g. each region is allowed 3 reps to attend 2 of which can vote.

reps present

South 3

west midlands 3

north yorks 2

north east 2

east midlands 2

north west 1

mid west 0

south yorks 0

scotland 0

that was 13 reps present out of a possible 27

if your reps are not there to put your views forward then maybe its time to change your committees.

If I remember correctly Kircaldy was put forward at the last meeting to stage the championships it was not put forward at this meeting

A/T Manchester (to which I belong) has never been put forward

Asfordby was approached for dates and the only date they could offer wasn,t suitable.

i cant beleive the reason for not spreading opens around the country comes down to reps not attending meetings , it looks like a case of im alright jack f you no wonder attendances are going down. we at east ayrshire have a very good track and are capable of hosting any 1 day event on the calender, kircaldy was mentioned as an alternative for the b w r a champs yet some tracks get more than 1 event. phil

weathergirls said:
Was offered by the committee of A & T, this is why i know it's classed as too far north!

It's by the by as i'd still go no matter where it was as long as i thought the track and facilities were good enough but i can see where some people are coming from.

Vicky said:
weathergirls said:
Was offered by the committee of A & T, this is why i know it's classed as too far north!

It's by the by as i'd still go no matter where it was as long as i thought the track and facilities were good enough but i can see where some people are coming from.

wasn,t raised at either of the meetings as being offered Vicky otherwise it would have gone in to the vote with the others who did you put it to and when

phil said:
i cant beleive the reason for not spreading opens around the country comes down to reps not attending meetings , it looks like a case of im alright jack f you no wonder attendances are going down.  we at east ayrshire have a very good track and are capable of hosting any 1 day event on the calender,  kircaldy was mentioned as an alternative for the b w r a champs yet some tracks get more than 1 event.  phil
i agree with you phil east ayrshire is an excellent track one of the best running surfaces in the country IMO and your hard working committee are very capable of staging any 1 day open. :thumbsup:

weathergirls said:
To be fair to the BWRA the reps meeting that was held yesterday to discuss and decide on dates and venues was again poorly attended for e.g. each region is allowed 3 reps to attend 2 of which can vote.
reps present

South                       3

west midlands           3

north yorks               2

north east                 2

east midlands            2

north west                 1

mid west                   0

south yorks               0

scotland                    0

that was 13 reps present out of a possible 27 

if your reps are not there to put your views forward then maybe its time to change your committees.

If I remember correctly Kircaldy was put forward at the last meeting to stage the championships it was not put forward at this meeting

Asfordby was approached for dates and the only date they could offer wasn,t suitable.

To be fair I would not expect my reps to travel to yet another meeting when venues etc could have been decided at the A.G.M. And it was 11 out of 18 when it comes to votes and as we all now know who did not attend yesterday's meeting maybe we could all be told who voted on what at the same meeting. As for Kirlcaldy WRC it would have been nice to have been given an event but even with our regions two votes in my opinion that was not going to happen and as Kirkcaldy WRC had offered it's facility's for the straight championships it would have been nice if our regional secretary was contacted to see if the club was interested in a one day event after all if you are prepared to do a weekend event a one day event probably would not have been a problem. A lot of venues are still to be confirmed what will happen if they are not confirmed as only one track (that I have read on here about) so far has offered their facility's as a fall back (well done to them) but I for one would not be happy for my club to be a fall back if thing's go wrong after all we all go on about clubs being the backbone of the sport well if that really is the case let's show some appreciation to our clubs.

cinnamon said:
:rant: well looks like i,ll  have to get a second job or move house to down south to go open racing next year with the bwra :clown:   well done the nnwrf for spreading the opens all around the country and not just england(sou

posted by gary

Not at all I am sure that if the clubs up north placed their opens about and supported each other we could get enough decent racing.

John said:
cinnamon said:
:rant: well looks like i,ll  have to get a second job or move house to down south to go open racing next year with the bwra :clown:   well done the nnwrf for spreading the opens all around the country and not just england(sou

posted by gary

Not at all I am sure that if the clubs up north placed their opens about and supported each other we could get enough decent racing.

john , i dont think this is the answer , the answer lies within our governing body ,surely common sense tells you to spread events about to give everyone a chance ,we all know after traveling5 6 hours for a 1 day event is not easy unless you have a top quality dog you are waisting time and money. would it not make sense for the b w r a to contact all club secetarys now for available tracks for 2007 season . phil

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back