The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bwra

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
WELL.....................

WHYS IT SO DIFFICULT FOR THE BWRA COMMITEE TO ANSWER THEIR MEMBERS QUESTIONS.

ANYBODY ???

/right If it goes ahead at Worc I hope DEFRA dont find out people and dogs are sleeping in cars :oops:

THERE WONT FIND OUT NOW YOU HAVE MENTIONED IT

THEY PROBERLY DONT LOOK AT YOUR POST (w00t) (w00t)

In my ignorance, whats Defra to do with sleeping in cars?

I would like to know as if champs are at A & T I shall be sleeping in my car with my 3 dogs. Cant afford the luxury of a caravan or travel lodge and have to do the journey wherever it is in a day.

i think the bwra could answer in here or at least give a bit more info on matters its getting ridiculous :( sorry to hear you have packed in doing the top gun points Audry you did a great job :thumbsup:

must say the North West members are are totally dissillusioned with the BWRA executive committee it is unbelievable how they can just hang back and ignore what members want, they have been elected to serve the members, not to dictate what suits themselves best because they don't want to travel or get home late, it comes with the job it allways has done, they should be taking the sport into the future not back in time with presentations done at trackside or in a car park especially at such a prestigious event,

they made such a big thing at the AGM of the 40th anniversary and the souvenier programme they want to charge £1 for they really need to get their act together before its too late, :rant:

Don't know about the rest of you but the North West have absolutely no confidence in this committee

BWRA N/W SEC

come on doreen you read this topic nearly every night so reply n let the members know whats happening :rant:

I cannot speak for the BWRA committee but at this moment in time it would seem they have found themselves in a no win situation with the 25th August fast approaching, however i can assure you they are actively weighing up their options.

weathergirls said:
must say the North West members are are totally dissillusioned with the BWRA executive committee it is unbelievable how they can just hang back and ignore what members want, they have been elected to serve the members, not to dictate what suits themselves best because they don't want to travel or get home late,  it comes with the job it allways  has done, they should be taking the sport into the future not back in  time with presentations done at trackside or in a car park especially at such a prestigious event,        they made such a big thing at the AGM  of the 40th anniversary and the souvenier programme they want to charge  £1 for  they really need to get their act together before its too late,  :rant:

Don't know about the rest of you but the North West have absolutely no confidence in this committee

BWRA N/W SEC

what is amazing when the bwra executive committee want to carry out the members wisher's and change the format of open's in acordance with the member's vote, JUST AS WE THE MEMBER ELECTED THE COMMITTEE TO DO

you call E.G.M and did'nt want the bwra executive committee to carry out the democratic vote as the majority of members wanted

you want to dictate what the few want over what the members voted in

as for your comment about the ( committee not wanting to travel )the executive bwra committee traveled half way up the country to have this e.g.m when they could have held it where they liked, its this sort of comment from a bwra regional secretary thats bring the sport into disrepute, you along with others call for a E.G.M, after signing a petition, 40 of the members who signed should have TRAVELED to the E.G.M but they did,nt only 20 members who signed turned up, you did'nt mind dictating what the few wanted over what the majority wanted then,

not all members have caravan and tents to stop over on the track, and have to miss out on collecting a trophy because they can't stay or get back at night, so would love the presentation on the field,

it would be great on a personal level if we could get a track with camping but the committee have to think of whats best for all members not the few who post on k9

hellbound said:
weathergirls said:
must say the North West members are are totally dissillusioned with the BWRA executive committee it is unbelievable how they can just hang back and ignore what members want, they have been elected to serve the members, not to dictate what suits themselves best because they don't want to travel or get home late,  it comes with the job it allways  has done, they should be taking the sport into the future not back in  time with presentations done at trackside or in a car park especially at such a prestigious event,        they made such a big thing at the AGM  of the 40th anniversary and the souvenier programme they want to charge  £1 for  they really need to get their act together before its too late,  :rant:

BWRA N/W SEC

what is amazing when the bwra executive committee want to carry out the members wisher's and change the format of open's in acordance with the member's vote, JUST AS WE THE MEMBER ELECTED THE COMMITTEE TO DO

you call E.G.M and did'nt want the bwra executive committee to carry out the democratic vote as the majority of members wanted

as for your comment about the ( committee not wanting to travel )the executive bwra committee traveled half way up the country to have this e.g.m when they could have held it where they liked, its this sort of comment from a bwra regional secretary thats bring the sport into disrepute, you along with others call for a E.G.M, after signing a petition, 40 of the members who signed should have TRAVELED to the E.G.M but they did,nt only 20 members who signed turned up, you did'nt mind dictating what the few wanted over what the majority wanted then,

not all members have caravan and tents to stop over on the track, and have to miss out on collecting a trophy because they can't stay or get back at night, so would love the presentation on the field,

it would be great on a personal level if we could get a track with camping but the committee have to think of whats best for all members not the few who post on k9

get your facts right I didn't call an egm I SIGNED A PETITION ALONG WITH 70 OTHERS which is my and their democratic right to do

seems you can't count or spell there were 27 plus 1 off the committee makes 28

Last edited by a moderator:
7 of the members at the E.G.M had not signed the peptition :oops: only 27 members turned up at the E.G.M :eek: , making only 20 who signed just like my post pointed out to you, :wacko: its an easy mistake to make :eek: if you did'nt start the petition, :- " you were taking it upto members and asking them if they would sign :b

hellbound said:
7 of the members at the E.G.M had not signed the peptition  :oops:   only 27 members turned up at the E.G.M  :eek: , making only 20 who signed just like my post pointed out to you, :wacko:   its an easy mistake to make  :eek:   if you did'nt start the petition,  :- "  you were taking it upto members and asking them if they would sign  :b
So since when dos that mean Linda started the petition, Linda was just doing the e. mids a favour at the time.

hellbound said:
weathergirls said:

BWRA N/W SEC

more trouble from hellbound when will members see what thyre are doing to our sport :thumbsup: theifing lieing cheating :oops: if it was'nt for them we would have oads of campin venues :oops:

Parker, whoever you are you can't blame the loss of facilities i.e. venues for the caravans on "Hellbound" this was down to certain members as I have already mentioned in a previous post. :oops:

It would seem to me that whenever there is a problem in the sport the finger is pointing in one direction . Before you start mouthing off at me I an NOT taking sides but looking at the situation in a logical manner.

There are several "bad apples" in whippet racing and some are cunningly putting the bullets there for others to fire and they are stupid enough to do it. So the true culprits looks so "innocent". This went on when we were in the sport and from what I have seen and heard from "reliable" source it still is and in some cases getting worse and causing members - like us - to retire from the sport. We were in the sport for 35 years and decided enough was enough as we did not like what we were experiencing/seeing.

Why are there so many people busy blaming others instead of looking at the "true/real reason" why whippet racing today is in this situation.

Why can't people forget the past and look forward to the future before the whole sport crumbles. :thumbsup:

you stopin racing had nothin to do with not havin any dogs to run or winnin then

we never had this trouble before big mouth cheatin von raced dogs did we!! :oops:

ive raced as long has you have even longer

SCILLONIAN said:
Parker, whoever you are you can't blame the loss of facilities i.e. venues for the caravans on "Hellbound" this was down to certain members as I have already mentioned in a previous post.  :oops:
It would seem to me that whenever there is a problem in the sport the finger is pointing in one direction .  Before you start mouthing off at me I an NOT taking sides but looking at the situation in a logical manner.

There are several "bad apples" in whippet racing and some are cunningly putting the bullets there for others to fire and they are stupid enough to do it.  So the true culprits looks so "innocent".    This went on when we were in the sport and from what I have seen and heard from "reliable" source it still is and in some cases getting worse and causing members - like us - to retire from the sport.  We were in the sport for 35 years and decided enough was enough as we did not like what we were experiencing/seeing.

Why are there so many people  busy blaming others instead of looking at the "true/real reason" why whippet racing today is in this situation. 

Why can't people forget the past and look forward to the future before the whole sport crumbles.  :thumbsup:

Please name and shame these bad apples, and also the reliable source, there was whippet racing long before any major organisations took over the running of this sport and no doubt there will be after they crumble so to speak. But i do not think they will crumble as yet, to many good apples to let that happen.

Thats is just where you are wrong Parker we DID have dogs to race, and yes they were still winning. In case you have forgotten we own R.Ch. Saxon Tiger and R.Ch. Saxon Gem. So we did not quit because we couldn't win.

If you have raced as long as we have then all I can say is you too should remember it NEVER USED to be like this all this arguing. People would work together in the "team" spirit and help as and when they could.

There are "bigger mouths" in the sport that the one you mentioned but they are cunning they get others to do it for them :- "

Byeeee I've said my bit (w00t)

you dogs were finished when you stopped racin :oops: if you think you now it all name and shame the big mouths bad apples :- "

you now whats happenin and most of us dont but then just need to look whos your friends

yes i raced years ago and you excaly right was never like that till hellbound started

no im not parker like a certain clown said but hes right about one thing :- not having a go at you joan but your allways on about bad apples whoever it is your talking about why not say the names and get it over with

View attachment 43502

tanyia said:
hellbound said:
7 of the members at the E.G.M had not signed the peptition  :oops:   only 27 members turned up at the E.G.M  :eek: , making only 20 who signed just like my post pointed out to you, :wacko:   its an easy mistake to make  :eek:   if you did'nt start the petition,  :- "  you were taking it upto members and asking them if they would sign  :b
So since when dos that mean Linda started the petition, Linda was just doing the e. mids a favour at the time.

I didn't take any petition round what she thinks was a petition was actually a birthday card for Bruce I took round to the NNWRF committee to sign it just happened to be on one of the days the petition was going round as well see what I mean about get the facts right. Mind you if I'd been asked to I certainly would have allways willing to help as I am a member of two of the East Midlands but not the region

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back