The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Can Any Aussie's Help

Tesa

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have received an email from Rae at Vic. Whippet Rescue. Due to a dreadful relationship breakup two girls are needing to be rehomed as soon as possible. Without going into the full details, the plight of the dog's and their owner is heartbreaking. Can any of you help?

This is Lili, the younger of the two girls.

Lili, is the runt of a litter from a backyard breeder, she is very small and skinny

and has a permanent limp. She is solid white with a blue and

a brown eye. she loves everyone and is a total underdog. she loves cats and wants to be their friend. she looks to see what mia is doing and follows.

lili_sweet.jpg.

This is Mia

Mia is 1 1/2 years old, loves people, is a very big whippet, solid tan in color, a

little dominant with other dogs, but very playful and trusts and loves everyone. she

is so beautiful and very personable

View attachment 27524

Edited to say: Please note the descriptions of Mia & Lili's personalities are their owner's own words

Last edited by a moderator:
Karen, I hope you can help find those girls a loving new home. Good luck to them both. :luck: :luck:

Good luck to them and their owners :luck: :luck: :luck:

Hi Karen

Thanks for posting this.

I'm referring some of my Puppy Inquiries to these two.

Hope that helps them; they look like lovely dogs.

Regards,

Colin

ibiza said:
Hi Karen
Thanks for posting this.

I'm referring some of my Puppy Inquiries to these two.

Hope that helps them; they look like lovely dogs.

Regards,

Colin

Thanks Colin, these guys need all the help they can get. Their poor owner is beside herself :( , but is putting the welfare of her dogs above her own right now o:)

take care

Karen

I hope they find loving homes. They are such gorgeous dogs. :huggles:

Just a thought, if you don't know of any permanent homes a foster home may help.

Karen

Karen try posting this on Whippet World as well, there's a few Aussies there too. How sad, the white/cream one is just a pup by the look of her.

Linda

Where are these 2 girls? I know somebody who may be able to help on temporary bases, she has kennels and has several rescue greyhounds. I would be happy to drive and collect them if necesary, cannot help in housing them in this moment, my backyard is just about to be invaded by plumbers (w00t)

Lida

Seraphina said:
Where are these 2 girls?  I know somebody who may be able to help on temporary bases, she has kennels and has several rescue greyhounds.  I would be happy to drive and collect them if necesary, cannot help in housing them in this moment, my backyard is just about to be invaded by plumbers (w00t) Lida

Thanks Lida, will pm you :thumbsup:

Have you tried Rhonda Tait at NSW Whippet Rescue? She's got lots of people on her list waiting for dogs.

Good luck, I hope you find someone for them.

Gail

GailK said:
Have you tried Rhonda Tait at NSW Whippet Rescue? She's got lots of people on her list waiting for dogs.Good luck, I hope you find someone for them.

Gail

Thanks for that Gail, I am pretty sure that Rae would have contacted Rhonda.

Hi and thanks to all concerned,

A quick update -

I spoke to Nina yesterday and have arranged to collect and foster the 2 whippets on Wednesday afternoon.

I am prepared to have them here till a permanent home is found.

The'll be kept inside and initially be seperate from my own dogs.

Any inquiries can email Rae - raemitch@hotkey.net.au - or myself - ibiza@bigpond.net.au - to arrange a visit for potential new homes.

I'm based in Gisborne (near the airport).

There will be updates in the Weblog on our site (link below).

Take care and thanks again for everyone's interest.

Colin

Colin you are a gem. Thank you :thumbsup:

What fantastic news Karen. :cheers: :thumbsup: Well done.

ibiza said:
Hi and thanks to all concerned,
A quick update -

I spoke to Nina yesterday and have arranged to collect and foster the 2 whippets on Wednesday afternoon.

I am prepared to have them here till a permanent home is found.

The'll be kept inside and initially be seperate from my own dogs.

Any inquiries can email Rae - raemitch@hotkey.net.au - or myself - ibiza@bigpond.net.au - to arrange a visit for potential new homes.

I'm based in Gisborne (near the airport).

There will be updates in the Weblog on our site (link below).

Take care and thanks again for everyone's interest.

Colin

Thats Fantastic Colin.

Once they get to Ibiza headquarters, they may never want to leave :huggles:

Well done to you to Karen.

Cheers,

David

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back