Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Cancelled Opens

Status
Not open for further replies.

gavintasker

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I thought it might be informative and possibly salutary to ask the oragnisers of the various cancelled Open Meets to say why they have called off their events.

I hope they will repond and that their reasons will be Universally available.

Gavin.

unless you know something i dont, as far as i know the only open to be cancelled was southcots...

stanbrough called off there open in march due to parking problems at Bourne end ;)

and Harvel decided not to hold an open this year

so not sure what your talking about?????

most opens have dumped superstars points but the opens are still running :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I would be interested to know why South Cots has cancelled Gavin, perhaps you could enlighten us, it was due to run tomorrow wasn't it? Are they running their open in August? No others are cancelled to my knowledge as Julie has said. :wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be interested to know why South Cots has cancelled Gavin, perhaps you could enlighten us, it was due to run tomorrow wasn't it? Are they running their open in August? No others are cancelled to my knowledge as Julie has said. :wacko:
We decided to cancel because the footballers [with whom we share the field] are still playing and we wanted the ground to be in perfect condition for August.

It will be interesting to see how many meetings do go ahead.

And which entries, if any, are refused.

Gavin

We decided to cancel because the footballers [with whom we share the field] are still playing and we wanted the ground to be in perfect condition for August.

Gavin
I think you will find that the majority of clubs intend to hold their opens as advertised. They have however dropped Superstars points. The WCRA say that all opens running for Superstars points should be open to every dog holding a current passport. However the clubs wished to be able to refuse entry, so have dropped Superstars to enable them to do so. I don't think I need to explain any further Gavin :D

Gavin
I think you will find that the majority of clubs intend to hold their opens as advertised. They have however dropped Superstars points. The WCRA say that all opens running for Superstars points should be open to every dog holding a current passport. However the clubs wished to be able to refuse entry, so have dropped Superstars to enable them to do so. I don't think I need to explain any further Gavin :D
I understand now. So the clubs can refuse to accept an entry from a person they don`t like?

Possibly a bully?

A bad loser?

Somebody with no manners?

A bad "sport"?

Somebody with a dog which is sure to win,thereby keeping their "regulars" happy?

A whinger?

That sounds quite a good idea to me.

It would be interesting to see who is rejected.

Have the footballers moved their pitch? They never used to play on the track. (w00t)

Im really glad i dont race anymore, i find all this chooses who enters you open, or runs on your track very very childish

I understand now. So the clubs can refuse to accept an entry from a person they don`t like?
Gavin your previous post 25 minutes earlier -

We decided to cancel because the footballers [with whom we share the field] are still playing and we wanted the ground to be in perfect condition for August.It will be interesting to see how many meetings do go ahead.

Gavin
shows that you already knew why, so I wonder why you asked.

>I understand now. So the clubs can refuse to accept an entry from a person they don`t like?

Possibly a bully?

A bad loser?

A bad "sport"?

Somebody with a dog which is sure to win,thereby keeping their "regulars" happy?

A whinger?

As you know yourself Gavin some people have been banned from racing at South Cotswolds whilst you've been running there. I can certainly think of quite a few names of racers who've been banned from that club for various different reasons over the years. Now if South Cotswolds had also wanted to exclude those people from an open that they put on then they could have run that open for Top Ten points only and not run for Superstars points.

I don't know I did but I lost the quote bit so had to put my reply in a different colour

Gavin your previous post 25 minutes earlier -

We decided to cancel because the footballers [with whom we share the field] are still playing and we wanted the ground to be in perfect condition for August.It will be interesting to see how many meetings do go ahead.

Gavin
shows that you already knew why, so I wonder why you asked.

to stir up more trouble Judy -_- -_-

the fact of the matter is clubs want to protect their entries and racers, and as we ALL know there is a large divide in the racing community at present.

i think like a couple of other people on K9 you seem to want to cause more trouble, i will be supporting all clubs that have dropped superstars :D

and as you also say it will be interesting to see what level of entries clubs get this year with or without superstars ;)

There is just 1 person being childish on this internet and it is the person who has started up another thread to cause even more upset after the last one was closed down. It is these people whom I hold solely responsible for what could cause the whole sport to fall appart and they are spoiling it for everyone else.

Gavin, in response to your earlier post implying clubs are going to refuse entries from 'Somebody with a dog which is sure to win,thereby keeping their "regulars" happy?' Please can you tell me why you think this has not happened in the previous years when there have been dogs who win every race they turn up to? Why has this never happened before? Perhaps it is because previous fast dogs look like whippets but that is just my opinion.

As Beejay said, SC have done this in the past, though not with the current committee, not just people, dogs and husbands of people they didn't like :(

It seems that the issue here is confused, there is one reason and one reason only why clubs are excluding 4 dogs from Opens :(

There is just 1 person being childish on this internet and it is the person who has started up another thread to cause even more upset after the last one was closed down. It is these people whom I hold solely responsible for what could cause the whole sport to fall appart and they are spoiling it for everyone else.
Gavin, in response to your earlier post implying clubs are going to refuse entries from 'Somebody with a dog which is sure to win,thereby keeping their "regulars" happy?' Please can you tell me why you think this has not happened in the previous years when there have been dogs who win every race they turn up to? Why has this never happened before? Perhaps it is because previous fast dogs look like whippets but that is just my opinion.

Another opinion of mine is that you should stick to breeding cats because you obviously know little about racing dogs.

well said :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Another opinion of mine is that you should stick to breeding cats because you obviously know little about racing dogs.

i could not of put it better myself ;)

as you two have (imo) the best dog in the country :thumbsup: has your entry ever been refused???? No!!

see you at the Indy :thumbsup: (another club not running for superstars) :D

In my humble opinion, it is up to the clubs to decide what they want to do. Going on and on about this and that is just a waste of space and time.

So lets leave it as it stands and stop all the underhand sniping, it's childish.

Some seem to be intent on provocation. Judy has worked hard to remove personal slurs from both sides and remain impartial. Whilst I understand peoples frustration and anger at the less than satisfactory results from 'on high' let us not make Judy's job any harder.

Obviously feelings are high but can I just remind everyone to observe the posting rules and not to make personal insults please.

At the end of the day Bertha is right. The clubs will and have been making up their own minds.

Gavin

Possibly a bully?

A bad loser?

A bad "sport"?

A whinger?

Any club can decide who it accepts as members or participants at an event, it is a priveledge, not a right. Individuals should also be aware of the right to refuse a member if they feel they are bringing the sport into disrepute.

Whippet racing is not a new sport, members within it have decades of experience which should be respected. If clubs across the country are making essentially a self-sacrifice of dropping their superstars points so they can protect the integrity of their event and Pedigree Whippet Racing then I thoroughly respect them and congratulate them for such assertive behaviour.

What will be more interesting than who is rejected, is how well attended these opens will be with the loss of Superstar points. If feelings are as strong as it seems, I suspect they will be very well attended purely out of unity for one another.

Regard your good name as the richest jewel you can possibly be possessed of - for credit is like fire; when once you have kindled it you may easily preserve it, but if you once extinguish it, you will find it an arduous task to rekindle it again. The way to gain a good reputation is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear.
Socrates

Greek philosopher (469 BC - 399 BC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back