The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Chance's Had Babies!

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
good luck tina they look like a really nice litter

awww Thanks everyone for the very nice comments, I'm still in shock myself at 11 (w00t) I had her scanned at 31 days and the vet swore there was just 8 - 9 :blink: how wrong was he lmao!

will keep you all up to date, at the moment everything is just perfect with them, just like thier mum :wub: :cheers:

they will be having thier dew claws removed tomorrow :unsure: I'm more worried than them!

will get some more pic's then :thumbsup:

[SIZE=14pt]Congratulations Chance[/SIZE] :wub: :wub: .....lovely babes :wub: :wub:

is the mother whippet[ped]xgreyhoundx with another ped dog?

so they are 3/4ped whippet 1/4 greyhound :cheers:

yes mum is a whippet(ped) x greyhound (as I found out lately researching her family tree, have gone back 4 generations too so far!) and Dad is a full ped whippet (Mike Brown's Glen 'Strike while the iron's hot') :thumbsup:

so yes pup's are 3/4 whippet 1/4 greyhound :D

also found out that Chance's grandfather was one of Mike Brown's whippets too, (her mothers Dad, full ped whippet), it's great what you find out when you look hard enough ;)

bad news the digi-cam broke while trying to take pic's of the pup's (and it was borrowed too off a friend) :oops: :b

good news I've just ordered a Canon PowerShot A530 camera and it will be here tomorrow, so I will get the separate pic's then (my friend can borrow mine then lol) :thumbsup:

and as a first time Nanna :D I do have a question if anyone can help plz, first off this is what I'm feeding Chance: (she's a nice size too, not skinny)

8.00am - high protien complete food (dry) with wet puppy food & beef tripe

12.00pm - high protein complete & puppy food mixed with cottage cheese

4.00pm - some beef tripe & steamed veg then a medium bowl of natural yoghurt

8.00pm - high protein complete & puppy food mixed with white fish (cod) or raw chicken

I have been watching like a hawk these last 3 day's and have noticed that she doesn't seen to have much milk, I tryed squezing 3 teats and got nothing, 3 pup's were sucking thier heads off and making sucking noises and seemed not to be getting any, :unsure:

they are quiet mostly but I do hear the odd one moaning but not a full on crying, when I hear the little squeaks I do go and have a look and most of the time 7 of them are sleeping and the other 4 are sucking like mad,

should I worry? is there anything else I can give Chance to produce more milk? is the food I'm feeding her on now ok? or hasn't her milk come in properly yet?

Thanks!

Make sure she is getting plenty of fluids tina...her diet looks fine

i usually give chicken broth & and fresh water & milk every couple of hours

Thanks Denise, will add that to her menu then :thumbsup:

she has constent access to fresh water 24/7, but will deffo give the chicken broth and milk (cow's or goat?)

I usually add goat milk for my lot, and i only add milk cause they wont drink alot of water without it in ...lol

brill thanks a lot Denise :thumbsup: will nip out and get some now.

Get some shin beef and a marrow bone from your butchers and make some rich beef tea that always works---

steve

Well done lookin forward to seein them

i use whelpi for bitch all so

very nice pups, mother looks great to.....

where abouts in north wales are you, and what sort of price do you want for a female..

my friend is looking for this X.

thanks

here's some pic's I've taken while testing out my new digi-cam, the goat's milk and beef tea have worked a treat (thank you!) and the pup's are getting fatter and mum has more milk :cheers:

2 of the pup's are a different colour to what I first thought, they look like they are now going to be reds, one's a girl and the other's a boy :wub: all the rest are blue

feeding time at the zoo (w00t)

IMG_0009.jpg

full tummy :huggles:

IMG_0013.jpg

:wub:

IMG_0015.jpg

all together :wub: :huggles:

IMG_0010.jpg

Tina they look gorgeous and look to be getting podgy so Chance is doing a good job, come 5 weeks she'll not want anything to do with that lot :lol:

They look like nice fat little pup's good luck with them. With her having 11 are you bottle feeding sometime's to help her out. I know greyhound man that do this. They say a mother only has 8 teats so you can maby feed the other 3 for her once in a while to help. Not that it seem's to be making much diff. they look great.

Vicky, Chance is taking longer and longer out for her toilet already! and the pup's are only a week old (w00t)

Sharon mum has 10 teats, and is doing a grand job by herself (best mum in the world :wub: ) although if I was concerned about a pup I would have deffo stepped in to help! still can't make my mind up to which girl I'm keeping :huggles:

here's thier one week old pic's :wub:

Girl 1 (still getting use to my new cam :b )

IMG_0043.jpg

Girl 2

IMG_0045.jpg

Girl 3

IMG_0047.jpg

Girl 4

IMG_0050.jpg

Girl 5 (in this light she looks blue/fawn but in other light she looks red :blink:

IMG_0051.jpg

Boy 1

IMG_0053.jpg

Boy 2

IMG_0057.jpg

Boy 3

IMG_0063.jpg

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back