The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Citycroft Puppies

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I dont know anything about showing but i do know they are

both lush :wub:

What gorgeous puppies , you must be so proud of them all . I would pick Diego :wub:

Whippet puppies are so hard to pick! They change so much as they grow... I have had stunners in piccy's that are wonderful pets, and dogs that take less than average piccy's that are the super stars (w00t)

I like both boys, my eye is drawn more to Diego, but that is purely on colour :- " Not saying Zorro is less appealing at all - they are both quite nice, but I prefer Diego's head side profile. To me, he looks to have a longer upper arm also, but my best piece of advise is... watch, watch & watch them in the backyard. Go for the one that takes your eye on the move.

Now with my last litter I had a very flashy white brindl & parti dog, he was perfectly marked for the show ring. He had glamour & movement, plus a personality to die for. But the dog I kept (Austyn) was much better constructed in front (yet, in piccy's the other dog looked to have much better angles in front, my boy looked straight on photo's but in real life my guy stood square on his legs, nice angles in front & rear, the other dog slunk a bit into himself creating angle images in front & rear) I wanted a stud dog from this litter, the other dog was a show dog.

So look at what you have, don't get to technical with it all coz that is when you can get confused. What do you want from a male?? It is possible to get a good show and stud dog in one, but you do need to decided which at this point is the most important for your kennel & what of these 2 puppies offers you the most towards your goal.

You've got a hard decision there Jo i like Diego's markings cause they are more eye catching though they could change i like Zorro i think he has a nicer head and better top line :wub: :wub: its a hard one :thumbsup:

Deigo for me, love his head and markings :wub: but Zorro is stunning too. :wub: A hard choice i think,

For what its worth, to me its quite obvious, Zorro hands down, no question ;)

Although I'm not too experienced here's my tuppenth.

I think it's Diego for me too... though overall they are a very similar shape just now. I like Diegos front and I think he looks like he's crouching a little behind in that photo which is perhaps affecting the look of his topline. I also love his markings and his head. It's a tough one though... hope it doesn't get to the drawing straws stage!

ZORRO FOR ME EASILY :wub: :wub: :wub:

Thank you to those who have offered an opinion, be it on this thread, by pm or when they've spoken to us.

I've found it particularly interesting that some have said definintely one or the other. Opinions that i value but that are different.

No nearer deciding. I haven't got a gut instinct about it either. :wacko:

... and here's our two penn'orth!

Nice puppies Jo and Rachel, but on first glance, we preferred Zorro.

Good luck with whichever you choose :thumbsup:

has to be zorro for me theres just something about him :wub:

We've still not decided. I think i know which i prefer, but Rach hasn't seen them since the weekend, so not sure she'll agree! :lol:

jok said:
We've still not decided.  I think i know which i prefer, but Rach hasn't seen them since the weekend, so not sure she'll agree! :lol:
well whoever you keep will be gorgeous cant wait to see the babies in the ring :huggles:

Last edited by a moderator:
jok said:
Our puppies are almost 8 weeks old now.
We can not make our minds up which boy to keep.  We have just let Cookie go to his new home and are absolutely torn between the other two lads.  We've got another couple of weeks to decide but i'd welcome your comments. 

This boy is Diego :wub:

Just looking at the pics i would defo go for diego, he is a beauti, lovely face nicely marked, and stands good. Very hard to pick one out at this age it can be sometimes pot luck really. They are all fantastic looking pups but its diego for me :thumbsup: Good luck. Clare :) x

I think Diego...i think! :wacko: :lol: I dont envy you deciding! They both look lovely though :thumbsup:

Zorro is better stacked so he looks more initially impressive, but I wonder if his tail set is a bit higher than his brother?

I think maybe Diego would be my pick based on these photos, but I can see why a lot of people are picking Zorro--he seems a very balanced package.

I can see why you have a tough choice. Maybe pick based on attitude...that's not a bad thing to fall back on. They are lovely babies, and I look forward to watching them grow!

Karen

Thanks Karen. Zorro does look much better than his brother in the photos - in the flesh they are much more even :sweating:

I think one has slightly more 'presence' than the other, so who knows it may boil down to that in the end! :huggles:

rls22 said:
Thanks Karen.  Zorro does look much better than his brother in the photos - in the flesh they are much more even  :sweating:
I think one has slightly more 'presence' than the other, so who knows it may boil down to that in the end!  :huggles:

Presence should not be discounted. It's a perfectly valid thing to consider when deciding between two promising puppies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back