The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Coast2coast Draw & Results

think i'll travel up early in the morning, then all i witness is the aftermath of the lads night out :thumbsup:

i'm too young and impressionable to witness it first hand :lol:

i'm too young and impressionable to witness it first hand :lol:

Me too :cheers: Im sure you would have a good night keeping an eye on us witha camera in one hand & a bottle of Vodka in the other hand :thumbsup:

Im sure you would have a good night keeping an eye on us witha camera in one hand & a bottle of Vodka in the other hand
Hide the gold top Lads Beakersw coming :- "

As Durham is easily accessible for me in one day I would love to enter 2 whippets, Fizz and Amber. When do you need the entry money?

Liz

Hi liz

no problem can you PM me their KC names.

Entry fees are due straight away.

I spoke with Aaron last night the meeting will bve held in Hesseldon, we have the choice of 4 large fields.

Camping is available for the weekend at several places ~ The Heseldon arms pub (where the fund raising evening will be held, inc pub quiz ect) and at several of the lads places who are taking part in the walk, there are also several B & B's local to the event as well as a pub with challet style accomadation available.

The fund raising evening will be on Friday the 4th April in the Heseldon Arms with the Lure Coursing the day after on the 5th April 1st pair going into slips at 9.30am prompt.

Entry fee for this event are £10 per dog payerble with entry addressed to me (pm me for details)

Theire will be the main stake run as well as a purse/plate, Aaron has kindley offord to supply a velvet jacket & trophy to the winner of the main stake and trophys for the winners of the piurse/plate, I did say there was no need with this being a charity event but he insisted as the lads doing the walk wanted to show their apprciation to everyone.

All Kc whippets welcome to enter this is a fun event the only aim being to raise funds to support some good dog lads in their efforts to raise money for charity.

if anyone has any other ideas for fund raising over this weekend please put them forward and we'll try and includ them.

If you pm your address Ill put the cheque in the post today OK :thumbsup:

We will be needing somewhere to park for the night please as well

TA :cheers: java script:emoticon(' :cheers: ')

smilie

Aaron said the landlord has offord his car park but it can get a bit roudy even though its outr in the sticks so I think 1 of the other options will be better as they are on farms ect.

15 entered so far.

Mark Roberts said:
Aaron said the landlord has offord his car park but it can get a bit roudy even though its outr in the sticks so I think 1 of the other options will be better as they are on farms ect.
15 entered so far.

As long as its walkable

Are kids ok to be there? On Friday night

Is Keiran coming with you?

the pub is one of those that do food ect a bit like a happy eater sort of placve and the landlord is more than happy for kids to go into the pub so I think Kieren will be tagging along as theres noway i'll get out without my shadow looks like he'll be throwing a sicky on the Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great thats fine then

Dont think we will get away with a sickie but its the last day before the easter hols isnt it?

So we may have an earlier finish

[SIZE=14pt]UPDATE[/SIZE]

Ok folks,

just got off the phone with Aaron finalising some of the details.

The Pub thats holding the night out on the Friday night is the CASTLE EDEN ARMS which is in Castle Eden just outside Heselden,(just off the A19)

Tickets for the night in the pub are £5 per person which includes admission/pie & pea supper & live entertainment.

A big thank you to Carol & Terry Davies (cymru) who have kindly offord to donnate a velvet jacket for the winner of the main stake.

for more details on the charity walk and to see how the lads are getting on visit their web site at ~ COAST2COAST WALK

Ok folks,

if any of those entering a whippet in this stake have a non whippet breed as well we can organise an any veriety stake again if enough are interested.

I'VE PM'D MARK WITH OUR ENTRY SO DIGGER AND HUGO WILL BE ON THE ROAD NORTH ON THE FRIDAY THE 4TH APRIL ONLY PROBLEM NOW IS WHERE TO STOP FRIDAY NIGHT CLOSE ENOUGH TO THE ACTION. ANYONE ELSE CAMPING ? 8)

Hi Larruu

Got your entrys thanks mate.

There are various places to stay, Aaron and a few mates who will be doing the charity walk have offord the use of places local to the field we will be useing, the pub hosting the charity night has offord their car park but Aarons offord a place 2 minutes from the pub that sounds spot on so i'll get the details off him and send them to everyone who will be camping over. (if you have entered and will be camping please PM me then i'll send you details)

Jinx & Rubys mum will be camping, were taking the caravan up for Pennymeadow myself and my 2 lads.

There will be a cattering van there on the day as well as a portaloo.

2 minuites from the pub will be far enough as we will have to sample some of the local hospatality o:) o:)

Sounds perfect

See you there Larry and Debs should be a good night and great racing again :thumbsup:

Sarahs working on getting a trailer tent so she should be down on the friday as well to keep an eye on people. :- " :lol:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back