The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Coast2coast Draw & Results

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
A big THANK YOU to Carole & Terry, :cheers:

The jacket is absolutly fantastic, :thumbsup:

Unfortunarly do to the racing season having started weve lost a number of regular runners so this stake may be cut to a 16 dog stake.

Can I remind everyone who's yet to pay that payment is needed ASAP.

Just a reminder of the walk the lads will be doing and their stop over points should anyone want to cheer them on.

"The route follows an approximate beeline from one side of England to the other: From St Bees Head on the Irish Sea to Robin Hoods Bay on the North Sea and if a ruler is placed across a map between these two points it will be seen at a glance that the grandest territoryin the North of England is traversed by it; indeed two thirds of the route lies through National Parks.

The walk commences on the sea cliffs of St Bees Head, passes through the heart of Lakeland, and crosses the Westmorland limestone plateau, the Eden Valley and the Pennine watershed, whence it accompanies Swaledale and then aims across the Vale of Mowbray to the Cleveland Hills and North York Moors to end on the sea cliffs of Robin Hoods Bay.

Surely there cannot be a finer itinerary for a long distance walk!

The countryside traversed is beautiful almost everywhere, yet extremely varied in character, with mountains and hills, valleys and rivers, heather moors and sea cliffs combining in a pageant of colourful scenery. It is of great interest both Topographically and geologically, the structure of the terrain and the formations of the rocks showing marked changes from one district to the next."

ccprof3a.jpg

Their Schedule for the walk

Friday 25th April – Day 1 St. Bees Head – Ennerdale Bridge – 19 miles

Saturday 26th April – Day 2 Ennerdale Bridge – Rosthwaite – 10 miles (total 29)

Sunday 27th April – Day 3 Rosthwaite – Patterdale – 17 miles (total 46)

Monday 28th April – Day 4 Patterdale – Shap – 16 Miles (total 62)

Tuesday 29th April – Day 5 Shap – Kirkby Stephen – 20 miles (total 82)

Wednesday 30th April – Day 6 Kirkby Stephen – Keld – 13 miles (total 95)

Thursday 1st May – Day 7 Keld – Richmond – 22 miles (total 117)

Friday 2nd May – Day 8 Richmond – Osmotherley – 24 miles (total 141)

Saturday 3rd May – Day 9 Osmotherley – Little Blakey Top – 20 miles (total 161)

Sunday 4th May – Day 10 Litle Blakey Top – Grosmont – 13.5 miles (total 174.5)

Monday 5th – Day 11 Grosmont – Robin Hood’s Bay – 15.5 miles (total 190)

Just to let everyone know i'll be sending the post code out in the very near future for those camping this will most likly be the meeting place as well for the runners on the day.

the proposed venue will have toilets/cafe ect.

The draw for this event will be done Monday the 31st March.

i'll post it ASAP afterwards.

yep not long now.

i've been contacted by a company who do drugs testing they have sent me 4 kits (free) and have offord as part of their testing/trials of this new product to let us use them and give us the results free.

so with this in mind (and if nobody minds) we will maybe draw 2 names out of the hat and use 2 of the kits at this meeting.

the test only involves a swob being taken from the inside of the dogs cheek.

Heres a link to the pub that will be hosting the fund raising evening on the Friday night ~ Castle Eden Inn

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark Roberts said:
yep not long now.
i've been contacted by a company who do drugs testing they have sent me 4 kits (free) and have offord as part of their testing/trials of this new product to let us use them and give us the results free.

so with this in mind (and if nobody minds) we will maybe draw 2 names out of the hat and use 2 of the kits at this meeting.

Heres a link to the pub that will be hosting the fund raising evening on the Friday night ~ Castle Eden Inn.[/URL]

Another way of proving how serious we are about our lure coursing :thumbsup:

Youll get no objections from us :D

jinx and rubys mum said:
Mark Roberts said:
yep not long now.

Heres a link to the pub that will be hosting the fund raising evening on the Friday night ~ Castle Eden Inn.[/URL]

Another way of proving how serious we are about our lure coursing :thumbsup:

Youll get no objections from us :D

Hi mark just seen this link,i'm more than happy for you to test jinx all that goes into her is hard work so bring it on,lets keep this sport clean with fit healthy dogs.

Big Sean. :thumbsup:

Our dogs are valued family members,we race because they love it and find it very hard to believe that anyone would be prepared to put their dogs health at risk by using drugs,how sad,

Are these people really fit to have dogs for the sake of a trophy or monetary gain from breeding.

If Jinx gets beaten by a faster dog on the day well so be it she tried her best and enjoyed herself doing it and gets praised whatever.

She always gives her all as all our dogs do.

If drug testing is the way forward I'm all for it and we'll be attending as many events as possible with our clean healthy loved dogs.(if you drug them you can't love them).

Big Sean.

Got to agree with you both, :thumbsup: i"d rather have a runner that did there best with what they have been given naturally than give them something to make them faster, winning isnt everything, :rant: mine can also be tested anytime, anywhere. :cheers:

[Please could we have directions to the venue, we dont all have sat nav.

Liz Third

if anyone else needs more precise directions please PM me, due to us meeting outside 1 of the lads houses it wouldnt be right to post directions ect in the open forum.

Paula Roberts said:
Got to agree with you both, :thumbsup:   i"d rather have a runner that did there best with what they have been given naturally than give them something to make them faster, winning isnt everything, :rant: mine can also be tested anytime, anywhere. :cheers:
LIKEWISE YOU CAN TEST MY TWO ANYTIME - NOT THAT I CAN BELIEVE FOR ONE MOMENT THAT ANYBODY I'VE EVER MET AT LURECOURSING WOULD GO TO SUCH STUPID LENGTHS.

HOWEVER I POSITIVELY REFUSE TO HAVE DEBS DOPE TESTED :oops: (REMEMBER THE LARRY GRAYSON DIG)

unforetunatly weve lost Mastas "spirit of Appin" due to her coming into season.

i'll post the draw tommorow evening.

OH NO

Bad luck Patrick

Flaming bitches they always race so well and then ruin it all dont they!! :oops:

Ok folks by now you should all have the post code for the venue (and directions were needed)

we will be meeting at 9am and the 1st pair will be in slips at 9.30am (prompt)

please arrive early :thumbsup:

Ok folks heres what youve all been waiting for.

THE DRAW

PARKSTONE TAKE A CHANCE (Kieren Roberts)

x

GREENCOATS PISTOL PETE (S Arnold & T Cannon)

Lady Island Grey Of Pennymeadow (Jeff Hutchings)

x

PARKSTONE QUEEN OF THE NILE (Tony Clifft)

BRUNTSFIELD SKYLINER (Liz Third)

x

STARVASS MOONLIGHTING (John Spears)

PRECIOUS RUBY MURRY (James Walsh)

x

SCARLETTFAIR STARRY NIGHT (Larry & Debs)

HIGH JINX (S & S Walsh)

x

EUGENIE PRINCESS (Sarah Layfield)

CYANARA ICE SAINT OF NIISYF (Rebecca Abbot)

x

ARJUNNA JOE BLOGGS (Larry & Debs)

WINTERFELL PRINCESS (Sarah Layfield)

x

BRUNTSFIELD DRAMBUIE (Liz Third)

PENNY PICTURES (Patrick Hawkins)

x

LYNPERRY WONDER AT FIRSTRIKE (Tony Clifft)

Good luck to everyone taking part.

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back