The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Comments People Say

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
"Are all of those yours"

"must cost you a fortune in poo bags"

"why do you want so many"

"your house must smell"

and yesterday a nebby old bag said

"oh, I didnt know there were kennels around here"

A few weeks back a lady came charging at me with a clip board and demanded to see that I had poo bags with me, she was very embarrassed to discover that we are sponsors of the local playing field, and it's actually the old lady with the yorkies that isnt cleaning up after them. :angry:

must admit I'm getting a bit fed up with it now and instead of trying to explain what clean and loving dogs they are I think I'm going to abbreviate to a 2 words reply. :lol:

On holiday last year walking along the front at Hunstanton and we passed 2 old dears sitting on a bench enjoying their 99's. "Eh, Edna just look at that pretty little whippet, ain't she lovely" They made my day. :D

jok said:
Said by little boy aged about 5 to his dad (about Holly),

"Look at that dog dad, it's got Tiger fur" 

Very funny i thought! :lol:

I get that all the time, is it a Tiger? Obviously not!!!! Mind you that usually comes from children so I'll let them off :lol: Strangely though, the other day a little boy came over and said "I love your dog, he looks like a dalmation" !!!! (he is a fawn brindle :lol: )

OEH said:
We've had most of the above, but the best was from a drunk (and rather articulate young man) when I just had Tess and she was about 8 months old and hairing round the park like a little nutter:'look at that bat eared monkey dog!'

I have to admit that that one stuck and she often gets called the bat eared monkey dog now. (w00t)

(w00t) Love it!!! Bat eared monkey dog describes them perfectly some times :D

we've had alsorts of comments like:

Is he a greyhound or lurcher,

look at that dog hes got a coat on,

what bueatiful markings (like i had anything to do with that),

Hes got two different coloured eyes (never how did that happen)

has he made you lots of money?,

a bit he needs alot of walking,

Dosent he need to be muzzeled?,

look at the dolmation, (what dolmation?)

Like them,but they kill small dogs,

And my all time fav is when they look at there dog and say

oh good you cant keep up with that thing. (zeb pantting away, and will they get the hint that hes tired, no) :(

It makes me so mad :angry:

george06 said:
Seem to get the same questions and comments when out and about,heres a few favourates!
Is that a greyhound or a whippet?

Is that a small greyhound?

Is she a Lurcher?

Do you have to run her alot?

Do you race her?

Any others you get constantly?

:lol: :lol:

and of course - which one is fastest....

do they catch rabbits ?? - have you caught any rabbits today??

have you caught anything??

are they related?? are they brothers?? :lol:

All of the above!!!!

but my regular one (although just realised wont happen again now I've lost Sunny :( ) while walking with 2 whippets and 2 italian greyhounds

'are them 2 the pups of the other 2?'

no, the 'pups' are 6 and 7 year old italian greyhounds!

the 'other 2' are both castrated male whippets!!!!!!!!!!! (w00t) :lol:

this is followed by 'italian greyhounds? what are they, never heard of them? do you race them? dont they snap their legs easy?' :rant:

dogs.JPG

I have had many of the comments mentioned above about my red brindle boy Peepers...greyhound...tiger...ect...but my favorite was when we were coming back from a show and had stopped for gas. A child getting out of his car looked into our van..pointed and said... "Why do you have a baby deer in your car?" I had nothing to say to that,

Well here is my baby deer on the right with two of his pups,

peepdeer.jpg

peepthedeer.jpg

jenmb116 said:
I have had many of the comments mentioned above about my red brindle boy Peepers...greyhound...tiger...ect...but my favorite was when we were coming back from a show and had stopped for gas. A child getting out of his car looked into our van..pointed and said... "Why do you have a baby deer in your car?" I had nothing to say to that,
Well here is my baby deer on the right with two of his pups,

Crikey!!.............what are American deer like???? (w00t)

So sorry if this has been mentioned in this thread already as it is getting rather long (thanks Ziggs) but twice Ive been asked today how old my bitch is & will she grow any bigger? (shes 2 1/2). Im so chuffed to have a smally & working hard to see that her future litter will remain so but 'rest of world' doesnt seem to enjoy my enthusiasm obviously! One of my greater moments was on a day out to a working museum when this little lad, can have been no older than 4 years old at a push, looked at my dog, slapped both his thighs & said 'Now Thats What I Call A Dog!' praps we should be paying more heed to the little people!

Paula Roberts said:
Mostly "is that a greyhound pup" and "you want to try feeding the poor things"but now and again you will come across people who will say "oh wow what lovely whippets you have" which does bring a big smile to my face. :)
Hehe...that's cute :)

I had a little girl remark that our brindle had "such pretty designs"! I thought it was quite the unique way of describing her markings :)

I mostly get "Are the rescues" or "Are they greyhounds". Surprisingly enough though when I say they are whippets some people actually are familiar with the breed, they just so rarely seem that the first thing they think of are greyts.

Crikey!!.............what are American deer like???? (w00t)

Well I found a picture...but I still don't see it..

Baby deer and Peeps

deer.jpg

peepdeer.jpg

Had so many comments...my three are neutered...two whips and large lurcher.

Always get asked if my 8 year whip is baby to 16 month lurcher????????? :oops:

We just got to keep smiling and educating these people who at least have the guts to ask the daft questions!

Yesterday at a dog show someone pointed at Zoomie, my Italian, and said 'Oh there's a young one' - he's TWO in a couple of weeks. I did have a whippet with me so they probably thought he was a baby.

When I'm out with my whippets the thing people say most is 'are they whippets?' so I can't really complain :D

I have had comments like kids calling them skinny and greyhounds.

The best was in the grounds of Balmoral castle a lady in a wheelchair asked if she could cuddle Morgan and Chloe because she was on holiday after an accident and was missing her own pair of whippets terribly. M and C were more than happy to oblige :huggles: :huggles:

But I do regularly get people coming up to me and telling me all about their own whippet. My Dad caused a stir in a local village recently with his (big) whippet when three people all brought their lurchers over for a chat!!!!

well I found a picture...but I still don't see it..

Baby deer and Peeps

Aww ! come on, of course the little brindles do have a likeness to Bambi, it's the way they trot :D

A drunk went up to our car window once a said 'OMG a ******* kangaroo !'

and yes she can look like a Joey :lol:

boothros said:
So sorry if this has been mentioned in this thread already as it is getting rather long (thanks Ziggs) but twice Ive been asked today how old my bitch is & will she grow any bigger? (shes 2 1/2). Im so chuffed to have a smally & working hard to see that her future litter will remain so but 'rest of world' doesnt seem to enjoy my enthusiasm obviously! One of my greater moments was on a day out to a working museum when this little lad, can have been no older than 4 years old at a push, looked at my dog, slapped both his thighs & said 'Now Thats What I Call A Dog!' praps we should be paying more heed to the little people!
Oh now come on throboos, 4 yr old, slaps thighs n says, now thats what i call a dog

Ditto everything on here (w00t) :rant: :lol:

Also:

"That's never a whippet - my daughter's whippets are half the size of THAT. THAT's a lurcher." :angry:

"Is he a running dog ? Dad, there's a running dog by the shop..." :sweating:

"Fine dog Missis" - Small gypsy kid in local carpark.

"You don't see many of them any more - everyone round here used to have them in the old days. Used to have one - best dog I ever had. How many rabbits has he caught then?" - nice old blokes anywhere :D

moriarte said:
Ditto everything on here  (w00t)   :rant:   :lol:
Also:

"That's never a whippet - my daughter's whippets are half the size of THAT. THAT's a lurcher." :angry:

"Is he a running dog ? Dad, there's a running dog by the shop..."  :sweating:

"Fine dog Missis" - Small gypsy kid in local carpark.

"You don't see many of them any more - everyone round here used to have them in the old days. Used to have one - best dog I ever had. How many rabbits has he caught then?" - nice old blokes anywhere  :D

eeehhh by gum our liz, i con remember when i was a lad, wi thowd cloth cap, i used tav this whippet cawd fagin, crackin bitch cop owt gooin, ayyy ah wisht ah wus young agin, and now im wus than ever, sithi later mi owd stockin, ah wants mi din dins

:lol:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back