The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Do Pups See In Colour !

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
lol they look so cute!!

And the pics put a big smile on my face, amazing that they do that!

:D

Must admit when I seen Lesleys puppy piks the first thing that come to mind was that they were grouping according to colour. When Buffy had her litter the blues always huddled up together, the fawn and whites in another group and the whites with fawn in another. I used to see it a lot with dobes too. I don't think it's a sight thing either as I've seen it when the pups haven't even opened their eyes.

It's really odd but I think Trish's suggestion made sense, presumably they do it for camouflage but then how do they know what colour they are themselves?! :blink:

about time we had more pics :- " come on wendy get clicking :p :thumbsup:

That is a good point.... photos please :wub: :wub: :wub:

wild whippies said:
Must admit when I seen Lesleys puppy piks the first thing that come to mind was that they were grouping according to colour. When Buffy had her litter the blues always huddled up together, the fawn and whites in another group and the whites with fawn in another. I used to see it a lot with dobes too. I don't think it's a sight thing either as I've seen it when the pups haven't even opened their eyes.It's really odd but I think Trish's suggestion made sense, presumably they do it for camouflage but then how do they know what colour they are themselves?! :blink:

i think i like the where they are in the womb idea better as if there eyes arent open how would they know what colour they are next too,

but if you think about it like this alot of littlers seem to have pairs of similar colours,

the little gems litter had 4 brindle, 2 white and fawn partis (similar marking) 3, fawn and 1 parti brindle, lesley litter had pax and pearl, arrow and bullseye, trio and robbie and then wee mabel, so it could be that the ones with very similar colours and markings a twin/triplets/quintuplits and they are together in the womb,

so the sence they are near somthing familiar rather than a pup of similar colour,

as it is possible to have 2 or 3 sets of twins in one litter this would be why you can get pups that look the same and pups that are completely different.

*please note this is not fact! just my opinion of how it might work :thumbsup:

Boy 2

Divaspups4wks0010.jpg

What absolutely gorgeous boys!!

Don't envy you the task of choosing one from this litter :thumbsup:

boy 3 stands out for me,just cause hes got the cutest face :p they are all gorgeous though :wub: :huggles:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back