The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Doggy Contraception

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
rls22 said:
It's not going to kill them off, so don't worry!!!  It's just not necessary to do so - and you're undoing all the goodness of feeding raw by then giving the rubbish that is in a lot of completes.  There's lots of info about it on here, if you search.  Sorry I'm too lazy to do it at the min  :lol:

I don't let mine graze as I can see one of them would end up being like a big fat pig in a week.  They get 2 meals and that's it, apart from the occasional treat. 

I'm sure your 3 wouldn't be hungry on 2/3 meals - remember whips are greedy guts and would eat all day if allowed, not necessarily through hunger  :lol:

:lol: OOO my god how thick am i :b iv been feeding meat because its better for them and know what ther getting and then i go and put bowl of that down :b the only prob is ther used to grazing as you put it lol ,i think il chuck bowl of veg and fruit instead thanks for info :cheers:

My Grannie gave all her dogs some tea each day "Stops 'em getting distemper it does!!!!!!!"

Bloody hell if there was ever a thread that's gone off topic then this was it! :wacko:

Way I see it, everyones given their opinion about breeding, the OP has been warned about the risks involved etc at the end of the day they've kept responding and not flaunced so I've got to give them some kind of credit for that. Most just get arsey and flounce. You can't stop people doing what they want to do with their dogs whether you feel it's right or wrong.

There was one question I asked originally but unfortunately never got answered that being the breeding of the dog. This wasn't to push judgment onto the breeder but to in some way highlight the issues I've been going on about earlier this week about selling pups without breeding clauses and stud dog owners not playing an active role in preventing KC registered whippets being bred prolifically. If one reputable breeder reads this thread and starts to take heed then it's one lineage of whippets that won't be bred in the future for financial gain with little concern for the breed as a whole. The other reason I wanted to know was I had the hope that one of us could at least identify the breeding and identify where this breedings attibutes lay, be it in racing or showing it would of been nice to encourage harveyandkev into a more positive direction by recommending training clubs etc.

Harvyandkev no matter what anyone says on here I'm sure you'll do whatever suits you but please consider my comments about gaining achievements with your dogs. Riding on the coat tails is not something you can do in my eyes to proove your lineage has any worth, it's something you have to do yourself or else run the risk of being one of the many hundreds of sub-standard whippets on epups and trust me they will have plenty of red in their pedigrees too.

Chocolate, cappuchinos, advocat, bath bombs hell my racers had them all, most not by intention. Until anyones had a thieving whippet then no-one can really criticise and those who choose to treat their dogs well that's just as much their decision as is Harveyandkevs to breed. (incidently Nicky I treat my racer to strawberries and blueberries and I've got slated for that! :lol: Think it's fair to say we're aware that moderation is the key :thumbsup: )

I think what I'm trying to say is we have no power over other people, that's just life. You can guide, you can recommend but at the end of the day it's entirely up to the individual how they treat their animals.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard that said too (by my Mother) but doubt its authenticity, then again, could be wrong!

I think looking at the OP and comments made by other K9ners it proves that really we are ALL passionate about our breed ....... I think lines HAVE to be deeply known though as there are problems in some Whippet lines (be it showing, working or racing) that once bred from or doubled up on cause all sorts of problems ......We all know that there are lines with auto immune diseases, heart problems, temperament problems etc .... and we all also know that there are Whippets now being puppy farmed or just bred as they "were" once easy to sell ...... Most breeders know which lines not to double up on, introduce to their lines etc ..... Its a mine field is breeding and unless your dog/bitch have as Jacs said, proved themselves worthy of breeding (ie they have proved themselves in the show ring, field or race track) then really IMO there's no need to breed ..... Just my personal opinion though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back